1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

USA - Effort man says 'stage fright' led him to use Whizzinator during drug test

Discussion in 'Article Archive' started by Balzafire, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    59 y/o from U.S.A.
    [​IMG]EASTON— A Monroe County man told a judge Friday that a case of "stage fright" prompted him to use a fake penis for a probation drug test.

Raymond C. Hartley Jr., of Effort said disparaging comments made about the small size of his penis during a previous drug test prompted him to use a Whizzinator, a device that includes a fake penis, urine and heater packs to evade drug tests.

Hartley, 28, maintained it was his drug-free urine in the device used during a random drug test.

"I didn't want to hear any other insulting comments about the size of my penis," Hartley said. "This is not comfortable for me to talk about."
    A Monroe County probation officer discovered the device, and Hartley received new charges.

The charges also earned Hartley a probation violation, which brought him back Friday to Northampton County.

Defense attorney Anthony Rybak said Hartley was emasculated by the comments made by Monroe County probation officials, but maintained his client was clean at the time of the test.

"He didn't do this to trick anybody," Rybak said.

Assistant District Attorney John Obrecht argued Hartley never informed anyone ahead of time of his issues with the drug testing.
    "Deceit is still deceit," Obrecht said.

Northampton County Judge Michael Koury on Friday dismissed Hartley's claims and re-sentenced him to one to two years in state prison, followed by three months of probation.

Hartley said he served six years in the Army before a birth defect was discovered and he was discharged. He underwent open-heart surgery and that's when he became addicted to pain pills, Hartley said. The addiction led to the burglary, said probation officer Pete Nebzydoski.

"It's been a struggle," Hartley said of dealing with his addiction. "I have every desire to be a better man."

Hartley pleaded guilty in September 2009 to burglary, a felony, and was sentenced to four to eight months in county prison followed by one year of probation that he was serving in Monroe County.

After Hartley was charged for the fake penis he pleaded guilty to providing drug-free urine and was ordered to pay a fine and court costs, Nebzydoski said.

By SARAH CASSI
    The Express-Times
    December 20, 2010
    http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101220/NEWS/101229979/-1/NEWSMAP

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Killa Weigha

Killa Weigha Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from mexico
    It's always the little things that trip you up, isn't it? I want to know why the PO makes a habit of sizing up everyone's pecker!? And to put the poor guy's picture in the paper, WTF? That's just piling on. And he served his country for 6 years!

3. g666d

g666d Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Sorry I am a little confused, he now has to spend an EXTRA 1-2 years in prison?? The justice system is very harsh in United States...

but more I am confused about this bit:

I suppose it must just be bad journalism but surely it is not a crime to provide drug free urine!

4. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    As for the drug free urine, it is entirely against the law to attempt to falsify a drug test for probation or parole, regardless if the urine is clean (as it would be if one were trying to fool a drug test)

The 1-2 year thing in state prison confused me as well though.

5. g666d

g666d Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ^surely he would be pleading guilty to falsifying a drug test or fraud or something then, but yeah i think i understand what they were trying to say

6. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    That's on of the funniest excuses I have read for a long time.

7. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    59 y/o from U.S.A.
    The look on the guys face is priceless. Fits the story so well.