Enjoyable withdrawels?

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by Fantasian, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    I know some of the effects of withdrawels from drugs are profound and very negative but it crossed my mind, are there any drugs that give posative withdrawel symtoms, as in if taken for a while then came off the come off was enjoyable?

Just a thought....

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Maybe if your forcing a drug on yourself that you don't like, and then it isn't an enjoyable WD, it is just a happy return to sobriety. Man with all due respect this is a pretty silly question.

Do you understand what happens to a body in withdrawal? Essentially you have created a new "balance point" in your body's chemistry and the removal of the drug knocks your body hard off of it's balance. The most enjoyable withdrawal is none at all.

3. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I don't know if this is what you mean, but one time I was dating this fucked up chick, and I was really glad when we broke-up.

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    To withdraw from one drug . . . just take another one.

Let's say that you are taking one of the drugs which makes you feel sick for a few days when you stop taking it (cigs, heroin, alcohol). What doctors do to alleviate the withdrawl symptoms is give you a different drug, to ease the way.

So, if you want, go to a doc. Tell him what you want to do. He knows which drugs can stop the withdrawl symptoms of your particular addiction.

Or, be your own doctor. If you have taken a few drugs in your days, you know which ones make you feel pretty good. I knew a guy who detoxed on Heroin with Methamphetamine, for instance. And, a strong LSD trip will detour the mind from detox (as at least afew alkies have found out). But, really, doctors are there who can assist you; that's their job.

Or, call a detox facility (for info). Talk to one of the kind people there. Ask what they could do for you. Armed with this knowledge, you can copy it in your own way.

My ONE suggestion: Do NOT detox at home (if you can help it). Being somewhere else makes the experience a lot easier to handle.

5. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Solidly -

Man, I don't think he is actually going to go through Withdrawals - he just wanted to know of positive Withdrawals symptoms.

I think Nostradamus might have hit the nail on the head there - True dude, That would be a positive WD.

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh, Positive effects after stopping usage. Nevermind!

Fantasian asks a different question than I thought: "are there any drugs that give positive withdrawal symptoms, as in if taken for a while, then came off [where] the come off was enjoyable?"

Withdrawal is usually used to denote a different Bad feeling for a few days (like after 6 days "up" on crank; or recovering from Ecstasy, and that 24-hour Rave). This seems like a misuse of the word, but that's OK: A rose by any other name still smells as sweet.

Sure, LSD is one of those. You take it; you find the Magic; you take some more ... more magic. Stop. Mmm. Now I can appreciate life a little better (I know that there's magic ... now I can see a little bit of it in my everyday life).

After just about every Trip, my withdrawal from the Magic is met with a smile on my face. I bask in the Afterglow. Wow, what a great Trip I had yesterday.

Psychedelics are well-known for their wonderful Afterglow. Try it, you'll like it.

In fact, it seems to me that most drugs give me an Afterglow. Some days I remember what a great High I had the day before (oh yeah, that White Widow was bitchin').

If one of the reasons to take drugs is to feel good, and it does make me feel good, then afterwards I should be grateful that it worked so well (and brightened up my life for a few hours). So, if I'm a little tired for a while, I can look at this as a time to relax (and look back at my good High).

1. 4/5,
      Great understanding explanatory post
      Jun 7, 2006
  7. Wantmyoldname

Wantmyoldname Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    The one withdrawel that i can think of is when your comming off of smoking weed. After the first week you will have very intense and vivid dreams, it's very interesting.

If we are talking about afterglow, i'd say DXM, but not just HBr but polerex and HBr mix, leads for a good 14hrs of feeling great.

Muirner

Tags: