Ephedrine vs. Ephedra vs. Pseudoehpedrine

Discussion in 'Herbal Ecstasy' started by Rotawee, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Rotawee

Rotawee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm trying all three seperatley. I've already tried out
    Ephedrine. Got a bottle of pills from a gas station. Took
    4, then an hour later 6 more, for a total of ten. The brand was
    Ephedrine plus, and each pill had 12.5mg ephedrine. The results
    weren't bad. Just less than I expected. I got a different
    bottle from the gas station tonight. This one is Pseudoephedrine,
    with each pill containing 60mg pseudoephedrine. I'm concerned on
    the amount I should take. Seeing as how 125mg of ephedrine didn't
    do too much for me. Is there much difference or any at all
    between pseudoephedrine and ephedrine? And also, do local
    herbal/health food stores sell ephedra in it's natural form?

2. OneOfMany

OneOfMany Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Unfortunately it is now being watched like crazy. Two reasons have contributed to this...for one they are a precursor to creating Methamphetamine. The other reason is a few high profile (athletes I believe) overdoses that caused deathes.

As with anything too much can be VERY bad for your heart or other things.

As to how you'll react, everyone is different with everything. So if I was you I'd start small and work your way up. Also you can try checking erowid.org or other informational sites (like this one ;)) for various dosing levels. And realize if you have related tolerances to stimulants you'll probably need a bit more to feel the full effects.

SWIM never looked too closely into it. Just took an 850mg ephedrine "SuperCap" and waited to fly. Rarely boosted after they started to come down, but never did more than 3 in a run. Had small headaches that one time and got worried about having an aneurism or something.

As for natural sources it is called Ma Huang extract. I've seen it in chinese apothicaries, but it was pretty expensive to me. Of course this was before they made it illegal to purchase (or is it sell?) products with lots in them, in the US.

3. DJ-666

DJ-666 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Super caps are really ok regarded to its price. but one need to take 3-4 at once to have nearly a desired effect. Pseudoephedrine isnt something which can be used anyway, it was synthesized to supress the side effects of ephedrine (the side effects are the effects people desire in here), it can also be harmful to your body in excessive amounts,too.
    If you had pure ephedrine powder in hand thats the best of all the mentioned ones but also only in moderate amounts.
    But if one has the ephe-powder in hand, its far better just to synthesize in a few steps some meth.
    If you only want some LEGAL stimulants than the best deal you can do are the so called "super-caps"

4. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I just bought 8mg Ephedrine pills (sold as "nasal decongestant"). What's a good first time dosage? Or maybe I should synthesize in meth... but I don't feel like blowing up my house... Is there any ephedrine to meth systhesis without too much explosion risk? (no flammable solvants heated...)

5. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    If they were nasal decongestants, they probaply contain pseudo-ephedrine, not regulare ephedrine.
    Pseudo-ephedrine isn't a good stimulant, that's why they use it in nasal decongestants instead of regular ephedrine.

6. Myzrael

Myzrael Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Not totally true. The brand " Alfavit " for example contains Ephedrine. About 24mg a pill if I reckon correctly. But I do agree that it is normally not the case.

Dosage wise I would say take about 30mg the first time and see if you respond to it. If not......start increasing. 30mg is pretty damn low but it does not hurt to try such a low amount for a first time.

This is what erowid says about it.
    Oral Ephedrine Dosages
    Threshold 5 - 10 mg
    Light 10 - 20 mg
    Common 15 - 30 mg
    Strong 30 - 50 mg
    Heavy 50 + mg