Epileptic attack

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by #26985, Jul 20, 2005.

#26985 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had my first epileptic attack in the last Rave I went to, and I'm not even epileptic. It was fucking awful; all of a sudden
    towards the end of the Rave the lights started flashing unbelievable fast and I started twitching uncontrollably every time they flashed. I heard that another girl also had an attack. I've read that Ecstasy can trigger first time epileptic attacks, but I was wondering if this damage is now permanent...as in, if the lights start flashing at that speed again will I get another attack. I'm hoping this was just a one off as I think I was just a little too fucked at the time. Plus, I was waving the glow sticks around in front of me (figure 8's, etc..) and kinda being hypnotised by them...and then the lights kicked in. I think that was just the icing on the cake, really..

Anyways, after had the attack, the friends I was with brought me into the next room, sat me down and gave me some water and 2 min later I was fine again, and went dancing.

Anybody else had this happen to them?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006
  2. sonerer

sonerer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I heard once that epeleleptic fits can be brought on by flashing lights
    @ 2 per second. I think theres warnings on strobe lights that say
    something liek that too.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Scary story. Never even thought about that possibility. I've done some pretty stupid tricks with lights in the past while rolling. Once I stared at a really powerful outdoor garden light for about three minutes and started seeing everything purple and green afterwards. I had trouble with my vision for weeks afterwards.

Strobe lights are actually pretty common though. It's weird because some TV shows even have strobe light warnings given beforehand, like Pokemon and WWE.

4. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The thing about epeleptic fits and flashing lights is that it is something wholly unpredictable. Science understands how it can happen, but who it happens to is still somewhat of a mystery. It is a very unpredictable reaction that can happen to anyone, with drugs, without them, with a history of epilepsy or without. I was once playing an arcade in Amsterdam and the guy at the machine next to me just fell over and started going into convulsions. Evidently it was from the flashing lights. I wish I could remember what game it was he was playing, but that just didn't seem too relevant at the time.

#26985 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Wow, that's pretty interesting. Thanks for the info.

What I'd like to know now, is if this recent attack will make me more vulnerable to further attacks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006