Opinions - Erowid thinks DXM is like LSD???

Discussion in 'LSD' started by weed mania, Sep 29, 2005.

1. weed mania

weed mania Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well i was looking on some dxm stuff just reading looking for more info and came across this on a link on erowid This is what I have found, your mileage will vary according to what
    else you are taking at the time.

300mg DXM == light buzz, similiar to 50-100yg lsd

600mg DXM == stronger, similiar to 100-250ug lsd

900mg DXM == very strong, full spectrum of hallucinations
    equvalent to 300-600yg lsd
    there is a link for it

Erowid DXM Vault : Info #1well i was wondering does anyone disagree or agree with this bcouz i thought dxm at 600mg would be way way less as strong as lsd at 250 ug well if any 1 has any insight on this post a reply t.y

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
  2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah I has seen this before. siwm think's a really irrisponsible comparison chart.

for the record, to those of you who don't know, LSD IS NOTHING LIKE DXM

3. weed mania

weed mania Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well that is exactly what i thought i knew it wasent going to be like it but maybe this is someone who posted this is not expeirence and is getting this info from other people so cant blame him well i diden think they were alike but if any 1 else thinks they are you can still post bcouz maybe at a low dose of lsd you can feel like ur on dxm but i doubt it

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Yea i have seen that too and it doesnt really seems accurate to compare LSD and DXM they are completely different. I guess they were trying to say, the intensity of those doses is roughly equivelant.

5. Chem42

Chem42 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I've seen that. The two are nothing alike. Maybe in
    terms of how fucked up you will appear this could be somewhat accurate,
    but not in terms of effects you feel.

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Look at it like This: A Gram of DXM will blow your Mind.

My thought about Erowid, and their DXM = LSD-25 comparison. Erowid is just using their (lousy) analogy to explain that .6 Grams of DXM is a BIG dose (not to be played around with) ... just like3 Hits of Acid is not for everyone (start low, and then work up your dosage).

There are a lot of Drugs which can affect me. If I want LSD to affect me, I must take an ample dose. Likewise, if I want to "Trip" on DXM, I must take enough so I can Rock-and-Roll on it. If I want to Rock BIG Time, I should pop almost a Gram of DXM. This analogy also tells me that if I pop too much, I may be close to going Over-the-Top on it (so Hang-On tight).

I got an Ounce of DXM a couple years ago, but I haven't taken any of it yet; I was pretty Happy with RCs. This Thread has gotten me curious about trying some. I imagine I will go for .7 Grams, and Jump-in with both feet. But first, I'm gonna read some Threads about DXM, so I know what to expect from it; thank you Drugs-Forum.

7. weed mania

weed mania Newbie

Reputation Points:
    an ounce you lucky bastard when i saw that my eyes where like [​IMG]

8. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    There is no comparison four hits of acid you may feel like you are losing your mind, but still your hallucinations (at least what you SEE) will still be somehow VAGUELY based in reality. A gram of DXM and you will be fighting robot dinosaurs on the moon. The hallucinations basiaclly have little to do with external stimulation.

9. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Do any of you all enjoy combining the two? I found this experience incredible

-dc

10. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, dogcow, tell us more.

A little candy-flipping can go a long way. If LSD + DXM = Wow ... please give me a Trip report. Or, how much DXM is needed to wash the Acid down. Or at least, how long the experience lasts (and does one shut-down before the other).

Maybe, A (new) Star is Born.

11. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The dosage was 1 hit of acid (allegedly 180ug but who knows really) and 500mgs of DXM powder, with some PEG added into the pill from a gelcap. I wouldnt recommend that much DXM if you are using an OTC source or if you have some high proof vodka to disolve the powder in. However I wanted to make sure at least some would absorbed so I used more than I really wanted.

As far as the effects its a bit hard to explain, on the positive side it takes most of the anxiety off of the acid, and increases the euphoria. It also increases the confusion. The weirdest part is on DXM there is a point where you have the ability to have spontanious recallations of things you hadnt thought about in a long time (this usually happens on Plateau Sigma--when you've redosed for a day or more) and on acid it started happening almost immediately as the dxm hit, but i was unable to discern if these things had happened years ago, days ago, or just happened. It all seemed to be going on at once.

Once the dxm peaked and settled into a groove I generally regained my ability to interact with reality , at least somewhat. The acid anxiety was nearly completely eliminated though which really made this combo great.

-dc

12. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    In my opinion (and not only mine) LSD and DXM are two complete opposites in the psychedelic world. They are like day and night. And it's very inappropriate to make such comparisons. However, this comparison is also possible. It's astonishing how two compounds that are completely in contrast to each other can achieve similar effect on your psyche. While I don't think this counts about K, I am completely convinced about the psychedelic effects of DXM. Have no idea how it does it, but it's a fact.

13. swimswims

swimswims Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: lsd vs. dxm?? found somthing on erowid

Ok you cant really compare lsd and dxm in a dosage chart you should try doing a comparison of ug's of lsa opposed to ug's of lsd now that would make sence. I have little knowledge about acid considering ive used it about 2 times. However Dxm is my drug of choice and i have an expanded knowledge of her beautiful offerings. In potency Lsd rains champ but in strength dxm takes the cake. Lets remember dxm is not only a psychadelic but a "dissociative anaesthetic" with a heavy dose of Dxm i am gone i am not even in my body anymore im in space. With Lsd i am still on earth. I think lsd is the shit dont get me wrong i love a good acid trip but i like dxm alot more and think it has more to offer me.

14. EscapeDummy

EscapeDummy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: lsd vs. dxm?? found somthing on erowid

Agreed with the sentiments in this forum that there is really no way to show an dosage comparison between these two. This is not like opiates or benzodiazepines, where drugs in the same class do have nearly-identical effects at 'equivalent' dosages. Perhaps one could make an argument for an LSD-Mushrooms dosage converter, but certainly not this.

The dummy used to use DXM, back before weed and any other drugs except alcohol. Those days are past him, and he's since taken a good amount of lsd/shrooms/mdma/coke/hydrocodone/etc.

DXM is very powerful, and 2nd plateau and above will get one very 'fucked up', DXM is much, much more "intoxicating" especially compared to LSD. DXM commonly results in speech impairment, mental impairment, loss of fine motor coordination, de-synced visual and audio input (choppiness), etc. At higher doses, strong mental impairment, heavy loss of any motor coordination (the infamous robowalk) etc are all present.

LSD can also result in mental confusion, but one is not impaired in the same way. You might find yourself unable to express yourself, not because you cannot think properly (as on DXM), but because you are thinking too much. Fine motor skills are greatly enhanced on LSD - if you've been to a rave, or seen fire / LED poi or light shows, you know how incredible these performances can be to all parties when the performer is on LSD.

As a sort of casual example, that may only make sense to those who have tried both drugs, on a moderate to heavy dose of LSD, one may feel "Holy shit! What the fuck am I seeing/hearing/thinking?" whereas on a moderate to heavy DXM dose, one will probably not get past, "What?! the fuck?!"

I read somewhere, in an attempt to anthropomorphize drugs, a user refer to "DMT as the heaven to Salvia's hell". Salvia is a dissociative, and DMT is a classic psychedelic; I think the analogy holds here. Dissociatives are dark, scary, empty (yet profound), and powerful. They isolate you, that is, your consiousness. First, the external world is cut off piece by piece (this is why your senses get so fucked on DXM), then on a high enough dose, the mind-body interactions are cut off, your physical being is blocked, until some mental construct at the core of "you" is all that is left.
    Psychedelics are beautiful, bright, full of energy, etc. They enhance and open your senses, you perceive more sight/sound/feel/taste/smells, you are more connected to your body as well as the external world.

Somehow, though, the end results have some similarities. I really like a quote which described dissociative and psychedelics as "two ways of getting to the same place".

Anyway, I hope I've expressed how the qualitative experience of the two substances are entirely different, and really cannot be compared. I think the link from the OP is perhaps trying to compare the intensity of the two substances. In that case, I can sort of see what they're getting at, although its still an imperfect comparison.

TL;DR: You cannot compare the two. 600mg DXM will result in a very powerful, intense trip, for sure. 200ug LSD, will also produce a very powerful, profound trip, in an entirely different manner than DXM.

15. m000nman

m000nman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ive seen this on erowid. if im not mistaken, the comments you found on erowid were one persons subjective advice based on their own experience. for the most part i find erowid reliable but id say it was a slip-up not to make it more obvious this was just one guy's opinion and not a proven comparison.

i would say comparing dxm to lsd, is like comparing apples to fried chicken. those are both food, acid and dxm are both drugs, but thats about as far as the comparison goes.. in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  16. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is this still posted to Erowid after 6 years? if not, can this thread be closed?

17. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    It is still up, with Erowid comments in it.