Estimate of SWIM's ISO yield?

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by nks, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nks

nks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I want to try making ISO hash oil but does not grow so cannot obtain trim/leaves. Instead, I will be using about 7gms of regs, 1gm of KB and 1.5gms of decent hash, washed in 70% ISO for about 1 min, filtered and evaporated. The herb will be ground up in a space-case type grinder, not a coffee grinder, if the consistency makes any difference to the yield. Can anyone experienced provide an estimate for how much I will obtain?-(I do not have scales.)

Thanks for any help provided.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    At most - maybe a gram give or take. This assumes using a broad-range solvent like alcohol. Far less if using a more selective solvent like naptha. As a kitchen-chemistry experiment this could be fun. As a way of boosting the overall potency/yield - forget it. Assuming it's good hash I am playing with. If it's soapbar, it might be best if it caught on fire. God knows what I would end up extracting! LOL!

Be damn careful, SWIM - this is a flammable operation.

3. nks

nks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks, SWIM estimated about a gram but just wanted to make sure. I do not have enough experience with hash to determine the quality, but it is definitely not soapbar, and was bought online from a medical marijuana 'company' so should be pretty damn good!

SWIM can't wait to smoke though-he hasn't been able to for almost a month due to being at home for Christmas and revising for uni exams. After his last exam, I am rolling a huge blunt with the oil, some bud, some hash and some kief :D .

4. amblerg

amblerg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    honestly, its probibly more efficient for one to smoke small quantities of bud than to attempt an extraction. extract with way more budds.