1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Etcath Crystals? looking for any info available

Discussion in 'Unidentified Products' started by Svud, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Svud

Svud Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim recently saw this new RC wich has very little info about it. This is the information that came with it.

ETCATH crystals , apparently not ethcathinone
    Lab researches report it close to 4-mmc and 4-mec

Does anyone have any information about this chemical?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
  2. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Is there any other information? Systematic name for the chemical, image of the structure etc.? Please do not link us to the site or copy text word for word, but further information would be useful.

3. somnitek

somnitek Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, I've seen this one available one place, as well. That's all they provide, what he posted.

4. Svud

Svud Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I found this structure image from another source with exact same info, still no systematic name to be found and since i'm no chemist i don't know how to translate the structure.

etcath.jpg

5. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    That is N-ethylcathinone, more commonly just called ethcathinone.

If that is how they are labelling products that are sold as "not ethcathinone" then that shows you that they are either (a) clueless about their own stock or even very basic chemistry, or (b) liars. I'm inclined to think it's a little of both but more of the latter. This one is probably best avoided.

6. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM communicated with the vendor of Etcath on the matter and they claim it is actually the same as Pentedrone. IT is not N-ethylcathinone, rather than alpha-ethyl-methcathinone aka pentedrone. They started selling it initially as Etcath initially and the substance later became known as pentedrone.

7. Tech House

Tech House Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    A friend in New York ordered pentedrone from the company that sells ETCATH crystals and he said he received a little bag labelled "ETC" instead of pentedrone. This is more evidence that they are the same thing. Why are they selling the same chemical using 2 different names? This is strange. On their website they say that pentedrone is "legal everywhere" and even if that isn't true, it's still pointless for them to offer it under a mystery name if they're going to claim that it's legal under the original name. Besides, if it is inspected and tested then it will be legal or illegal depending on test results, not on the name they give to it.

The product has been tested and there were no problems with it. My friend has made many purchases from this same company and has had nothing but good experiences, so he has no reason to mistrust them based only on this one issue.

Many reviews of pentedrone are available in threads with that name in the title, so for those who want to know what "ETCATH crystals" are like, just look up pentedrone. To me, it sounds like a very fast-acting speed with short half-life and serious crash-and-burn effect that makes a person want to redose frequently. Not exactly a health supplement or long term brain-brightener; more like a pro-depressive neuron killer. As we used to say back in the 60s and 70s, "Speed kills!"