Experiences - Ether Experiences

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by bogumil, May 3, 2005.

1. bogumil

bogumil Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Because Ether is an alcohol Ill post this here.

I would put some ether on a piece of toilet paper and put that into a plastic bag today. He would breath into this bag. 10, 12, 15 times - nothing happened. He got a little tired so he rested his head on the knees and wennt on breathing into the bag. All of a sudden his head was spinning . lol. Funny thing.He would get up and eat something and it was almost gone ...

2. Stingray_313

Stingray_313 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Umm, i believe Ether is technically a Dissociative. Check the Dissociative forum under synthetic drugs.

By the way, im not sure what your asking or stating... explain please.

3. bogumil

bogumil Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes. Youre right, I had in mind that it cab be made up from ethanol ... Wasnt stating anything. Should have posted into the "trip" report forum ... sorry ...

4. dopefiend

dopefiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't know if i should still answer this but soak a small
    towel/bandanna till it wont hold no more and go nuts on the fucker.
    You'll feel something in 2 or 3 breaths.

Peace,

Jesse

5. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I use ether this way:

USE diethyl ether !! never use petroleum ether which isa completly different thing.

Place a piece of cotton cloath inside a plastic bag. Pour 30mL ether on the piece of cloath.Gripyour fist around the opening of the bag to close it.Blow some air into the bag through your fist (just make a canal with your fist so you can blowup the bag with air). Grip your fist again to close the bag and wait 1 minute to allow ether vapours to fill the bag. Empty your lungs and breath it quite slowly with your mouth (not nose): place your mouth on your fist (making the canal thing so you can breath through it) and inhale slowly while pressing the bottom of the bag with your other hand so the vapours are pushed through the canal...do it very slowly because inhaling quickly a huge quantity of pure ether can be pretty hard on the throat. When your lungs are full (I said inhale slowly, but you have to take a slow & deep lungsfull), wait 5 seconds before exhaling into the bag to blow it up again.Wait 30 second to allow more ether to evaporate and fill the bag again (this will also allow you to breath normally so your lungs are oxygenated)and then repeat the process. You'll have to keep repeating the process until you feel you're high enough. Usually I would finish inhaling the all 30mL ether vapourswithin 10-15 minutes. Onset is very quick (a few seconds), the high is pleasant, just like alcohol but with clear headness and last for some 15minutes (note that you may feel the ether taste remaining in your mouth for 12h)

WARNING: never smoke when doing this: ether is extremely flammableso you must keep the bag away from any cigarettes.

Ether can be pretty addictive if used regularly and regular use isverytoxic for both the body and mind (inhalants are very dangerous drugs).

Ether is a depressant so never mix it with other depressants (like opiates, benzos, sedativesor heavy alcohol doses)Edited by: genaro

6. triptonaut

triptonaut Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Ether Experience.

I don't understand why there aren't a few ether experiences, so here is mine :) .

I made a few rules myself for how to do ether:

First, don't go huff some starter fluid, get the pure stuff, you can if you want to, only the pure stuff will get you were nobody else has gone before.

Second, try to be away from home for like 3 days, like with a festival or something like that, because the smell of ether will be around you for a long time, changing clothes and showering doesn't make a difference, the smell is coming from your mouth.

There is another rule some people give when doing ether, that is to not light cigarettes or any fire, because it will set your lungs on fire and blablalbla, I can't give you any advice about such situations, I ligted a cigarette about 3 houres after ether, there were people smoking when trhee of us were huffing ether, so I really don't know, I think it is not really as dangerous as they say, but it's better to not play with your luck, I suppose ;) .

Ok, to the experience now, me and two of my friends did ether for like two times before, but it wasn't really like 'awesome', this thought has changed since the last time though. My buddy can get the pure ether, we call it royal ether, what's in a name :D . Anyway, we settled a tent on a camping (festival), we took 3 big rags, a handkerchief is not good enough, it is just too thin and there well be alot of ether wasted. From this stage I will tell about what I experienced:

I took the ether, put it on the rag (enough, there was no need to worry since we got 1 liter...), and then started inhaling the ether. For some people it is very difficult to inhale the ether because it is not very pleasing in the begining, at the end, it's just like inhaling air, you even sort of getting adicted to the smell, hmmmm. It's not for nothing that they call ether crack for junies, I guess.

The first two huffs will make you kinda drunk, you laugh very hard.

The next two huffs will make everyhting somewhat different. If you ever took dxm, you see at the world in a different way, well this is something like that, only different offcourse. I was hearing something, like a broke radio in my ears, the zzzzzzzzz sound and it was getting louder. Previous time we had done ether, I stopped here, this is great, you feel great, but it does not last for long, like half a minute then you need more, but this time was different, I went much deeper then that.

After like 6-7 more huffs (it is very hard to count them at that point or even remember, so I am a litle bit guessing, It could have been 12 huffs as well.) Anyway, what happened after that was really mind-blowing, anyone who did ether can confirm that, I will describe it as good as I can. You first lose all control with the normal world, you are actually not aware that you are anywhere. I went to a colorfull tunnel for a while ( but that happened only to me, my friends couldn't confirm that), after that (and this is something everybody can confirm), you feel like turning very very hard, but you are not turning, your thought are turning, you see like hundreds of images passing by, zoof, zoof zoof, you don't know that you are you, some people say 'It was like I was dead', well you could describe it as that but offcourse nobody know what is after death, so I would rather not do that. Anyway, your thought are in your mind, at an incredible speed, but you not really get the feeling that this is happening.

You ever had the feeling of reading parts of a book, completly thinking of something else, and after that you just have to read that part again because you don't remember anything of it, well it's that kind of situation.

When you eventually, and I don't know how long this feeling stays, you could not speak of time (stoned people who were watching us told the moment that we had our eyes closed lasted for about 10 seconds, however I cannot quite believe that because it almost lasted for an eternity.), but when you know that you are huffing ether and all that shit comes back in your mind, you go back to were you were before, I went back to the tent, with my friends. You probably cannot make this up out of my words, but it is really mind blowing, everytime I came back from that merry-go-round of thought feeling, knowing where you are again, I could not say anything but 'wow', and my friends did too. There were certain moments when coming back, that I was just watching the three of us, with some other people, but I was watching myself as well. I cannot describe that feeling because I was too wasted, but I am sure it happened.

My friends had this experience as well, but one of them had another kind of explenation for the thought that were flowing through the mind. He said that he saw all thoughts of hemself, flashing by (just like I did), but then, after a certain moment, it stoped at one image, and that is the image where you are at that moment. Kind of another explanation actually , doesn't make much of a difference.

We did that over and over again, untill one time you really get enough of ether, a feeling of uncontrolable fear I felt, I threw the bottle away and said to my friends 'not anymore, I had enough'. You aso feel goddamn fucked up afterwards, unbelievable. I went to sleep for three houres and when I woke up I was still broke for the day, and probably afterwards as well but we had all the medications we need.

I hope you guys liked the experience, ether is a nice drugs, but be carefull with it because the experience is so addicting, it is hard to say no ...

7. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Yeah, I like this noise, I call it the bees are coming ;-) thousands of bees

8. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Ether disassociative?

A few months ago I went through several trials of experimenting with inhaled diethyl ether, than after using nitrous oxide notice how the two seemed to produce very similar feelings. My ether experimentation certainly included several effects that seem to be classic disassociative effects, most notably losing the ability to comprehend the context of reality. I would think all kinds of crazy thoughts about what constitutes the universe, for example holding the cloth up to his face he would begin to believe that the entire universe was nothing more than surface of the cloth, and nothing else existed.

I would look at the edges of furniture and being to believe that it was some sort of horizon that was a place he's never been to. I would scroll through his music on limewire and start to think each one of the song entries was a person, and that he to lived in the computer. I would look at half the room and for some reason believe that it wasn't part of his apartment and somewhere else. Anyway the point being that the thoughts I would think were very reminiscent of 3rd+ plateau DXM experiences and the physical feelings were similar to nitrous (I don't really stay high long enough ln nitrous to get fully formed thoughts), and swim's never tried ketamine but the loss of self-identity seemed similar to k-hole descriptions.

So ether was definitely used as an anaesthetic, but does anyone know if it is disassociative?

9. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Re: Ether disassociative?

Swim seems to have answered his own questions, so I'll post his results here in case anyone has the same question and happens to stumble over this thread. I found the following article, which seems to indicate an affirmative answer to his original query:

[SIZE=-1]All of the anesthetics examined depressed glutamate stimulation of [3H]MK-801 binding in a concentration-dependent manner with the following order of potency: halothane > or = enflurane > methoxyflurane > chloroform > diethyl ether...[SIZE=-1]These findings support the idea that anesthetic drugs disrupt NMDA receptor transmission through multiple allosteric effects on the receptor-channel activation mechanisms and the glutamate binding site.
    http://general-anaesthesia.com/glutamate-volatiles.html

Basically if I've read the abstract correctly, it seems that volatile anaesthetics, including diethyl ether do indeed inhibit the NMDA receptors, just like Ketamine, PCP and DXM, and should therefore manifest effects similar to what is found in the other disassociative anaesthetics. It's interesting to note that ether was the least potent, it would certainly be a cool experiment to try the most potent, halothane.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  10. Smuv

Smuv Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Re: Ether disassociative?

It is interesting you should bring this up as I was just going to write a little something about a distant friend's, friend's experiences with ether.

This source reports, that they used ether heavily one summer. In fact very very heavily, gallons of ether are suspected to have passed through this individual. Some may think it reckless (then again it probably was) but all research on this subject, has shown ether to be non-carcinogenic, tough to overdose on because it only decreases the heart rate at VERY high doses, and physically benign. If anyone has any information (citable preferably) to counter this please post it.

Anyhow, sorry for the tangent, this aquantance has reported some really crazy dissociative effects durring a night of heavy ether usage. In one such occasion I am told for a couple of minutes, this aquantince thought he was god and was agitated that no one had ever told him this.

Another experience reported was dreaming/halucinating (I was told by this aquantance that these halucinations feel like dreams at times) that the ether user was in a hospital, the individual's father was standing by his side, looking into the waste basket of vomit and saying "that shit stinks."

My friend's friend also told me that once while using ether, it was possible to visualize infinity. Which apparently is just too complex to explain...especially to a sober person (such as myself).

Ah and the thing about the rag being the entire universe. My aquantince tells me that when inhailing a thouroughly soaked rag at a very fast rate, one skirts the threashold of unconscouscness and conscousness causing the feeling of kind of becoming part of the rag or that the rag in front of the user is the end of possible perception, it almost seems like a black hole. My friend also reports that ether is an interesting tool to explore the intricacies of human cosciousness.

If you would like to know more, I will surely pass these questions onto my friend's friend.

One side note while on the topic of ether. I have heard, that with the proper glassware, or some crafty work with copper, a still can be produced that easily seperates ether from starting fluid. Keep in mind ether boils at 34.6 celcius, heptane the other component of starting fluid boils at 98.4 celcius. Therefore fractional distillation yeilds an extremely pure product.

I have also been told by my aquantince that it is dangerous to "huff" ether (wet cloth in a bag or whatever) and the best method of inhilation is through a very porous wash cloth which has been folded in half.

11. ljfe

ljfe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ether, you's experiences?

Ether's always been one of SWIM's favorite drugs. SWIM always did a simple water extraction with starter fluid (which isn't anywhere near pure), but it produces some mindblowing effects. Unfortunatly, SWIM noticed that his tolerance increased very fast, and even with month breaks he still barily feels effects. Has You tried huffing ether?

12. yamman13

yamman13 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Ether, you's experiences?

I got some ether from the chemist, got a rag and huffed the lot. smells nasty, but very, very fun stuff.

13. doper_hero

doper_hero Newbie

Reputation Points:

I've tried some from lighter fluid.
    I huffed a while and it was great, I floated off and fell asleep though...

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Best a small amount is poured into a small jar one's hand fits over to close. Inhale. Seal with hand.

Problem: While high, person hallucinates they are holding a beer or other drink. Result: They drink the ether. Conclusion: Ether is half as toxic as ethyl alcohol. Embarrassment follows.

Caution: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! A static discharge can set it off.

15. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM procured a liter of ether (lab grade) and went through it with 5 friends in the night. later on they decided to do hoffman's drops (3 parts alcohol to 1 part ether)...SWIM only did one shot and laid down with some nice visuals with the music for a few hours. but then the ether headache followed.

16. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany

For SWIM Ether is not a mindblowing thing. Not one of my favorite drugs. But a good non polar solvent :) And if I tried he couln't get into a narcotic sleep from ether. Chloroform is a better and faster buzz but its carcinogenic. I like N²O more than ether. I would say N²O/Ether/Chloroform is the same system of getting high, not enough O² in brain right?

17. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I think nitrous actually binds to your nerve cells, I'm not sure about the other two.

The pharmacological mechanisms of nitrous oxide are not fully understood. It acts like a general anesthetic and under high pressure, can cause a loss of consciousness. Hence, experts suspect that it may increase GABA inhibition of nerve cells. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that prevents the pre-synaptic cells from transmitting. Part of its effect may also be through the brain's built in opiate system, the same receptors that morphine and heroin activate.

from

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/drugs/buyers/pharmacology/nitrousoxide.html

18. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany

I think Ether leads to a massive lost of brain cells, too.

19. syntelman

syntelman Newbie

Reputation Points:

As far as I know inhalation of diethyl ether isn't considerably more toxic than drinking ethanol, definitely not as dangerous as other common solvents (most of which definitely give a massive loss of brain cells). But both these drugs should be used with caution.

20. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.

You are right my friend. Ether was discontinued as a general anaesthetic not becuase it caused brain damage, but rather because of its extreme flamability. In fact during prohibition in Ireland it was common for drunkards to switch to drinking ether instead. The physicians at the time concluded that while it wasnts exactly a great habit, it was in fact healthier for the body than drinking diethyl ethanol.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007