Opinions - Ether vs. Nitrous

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by RoboCop, Aug 13, 2004.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Alright I have tried Nitrous on several occasions but all just from a whipped cream cans ( still fun as hell ). And this shit can be very expensive if you plan on getting high off of it alot, expecially because how short the duration of the high is. So then I started researching ether which seems to be easier to get, because you can make it from starting fluid and get alot more out of itbecause you canjust pour some on a rag whenever you want to and enjoy. ( sounds good ) I am not into inhalants (and will never use any besides these two)but these two seem to be very fun. Anyways my question is which would be best,cheapest,safest,and easiest to obtain? Is it possible to purchase a tank of nitrous? (I wouldnt think so but god I hope so) Does this method of making ether from starting fluid work well? Is it worse on your health? I know nitrous is actually not very bad on your health it is a minor dissociative but it is the safest out of all of the dissociatives, and me being a person who has done DXM hundreds of times with no bad effects this kinda makes me think of nitrous as a nice and safe inhalant. (oh and I have not been able to get a hold of any nitrous cartridges anywhere)

2. psyko_tripper

psyko_tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Where I live, you can easily obtain a tank of nitrous. My friends have done this before, altough I wouldn't really know where they got it from. I'll ask them...

As for ether, I wouldn't reccomend making it from starter fluid. I don't think that you get a pure product that way. Where Ilive you can just buy it in the pharmacy. Let me tell you that ether is a lot more fun than nitrous and the experience is much heavier.

I did ether more than a few times now, it lasts longer than nitrous, you get higher than nitrous and it's a lot more dangerous than nitrous...

I suggest not doing it more than maybe 3 times a year and no more than a liter per session. I haven't noticed any braindamage or stuff like that but it's better to be safe. I heard from several people that it can be very damaging to one's brain, altough I can't really tell in whatway or how serious.

It really is an authentic trip if you ask me, it's not just zoning out and doing stupid stuff. It really is a magical substance if used the right way. And be wary, this is a very ADDICTIVE substance. The euphoria is incredible together with the dissociative effects. It takes you're mind on a journey without taking you're body with you for the ride. And be careful, its also highly inflammable. I suggest you get together with a couple of friends and sit outside somwhere where it can't ignite. Also, some people tend to go harder then others, some people will start tripping their balls off. If that happens assure them of where they are and what they are doing.

Also watch you're body cause you'll be very impulsive, it's like you're acting out before you thinkof it. It's like you're body is one step ahead of youre brain. It also hits you every time, it's like you done it many times and it seems to get stronger every time you do it. We needed less on future events, or so it seemed.

Other than that, I liked it very much. You can have a great trip on this, just be carefull and don't overdo it. You can die off respiratory arrest (means you stop breathing).

One more thing, some people will tell you about the ether hole. Thats the same hole as the K hole. Which means you've done so much ether that you're unconscious (for people who watch you), but when you come back you've got a strange recollection of other wordly things whichn you tend to forget. This is the most magical aspect of the ether journey. You'll be out of space in some weird boundless dimension with the strangest things, doing the strangest thingsand you're so happy. And then you're back, wondering what this was and then you'll want to visit again. But you won't remember the most fantastical things you encountered, the toughts dissapear so quickly.

The K-hole isn't really the same thing as the ether hole I guess. I've never had a K-hole experience, and don't know how much you remember of this or what things you experience. But I'm just using this to relate the e-hole to the ether experience.

ps: english is not my native language so mind the grammar mistakes :)

3. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Thank you for the info, very helpful, but from what I read from several different sources, erowid being one of them you can easily seperate the ether in starter fluid from the heptaine and other harmful chemicals in it. Supposedly all you have to do is put the starter fluid in a plastic bag and add water and you can see the ether being seperated and raise to the top of the bag then you put a hole in the bottom of the bag and slowly drain it ( so you don't drain the ether on accident ) and drain it until a little ether drips out then pour it into any container you would wish to keep the ether in. Anyone know for sure if this method works or not? there are also many erowid experiences that claim this method works very well. One bottle of starter fluid gives about 350ml of ether.

And on the note of the Nitrous, yes Psyko PLEASE ask them. =)

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ether is a lot more harmful. Nitrous is easy to get, even in the states. In fact, just a quick search on some of the auctions (ebay) you can get 120 catridges for about $30

You can also call to the gas providers in your area, convince them over the phone that you're catering a wedding and need a tank of nitrous for the cream. (this usually works)

5. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    I have no access to a credit card, so I can't order anything online.

psyko_tripper, you say you can easily find nitrous tanks in Belgium? That surprises me. I haven't even found those whipped cream refill cartridges.

6. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i just got done trying the starter fluid thing. I poured some on an america flag bandana and inhaled deeply for a few seconds. I didnt feel anything. How long are yo supposed to inhale for? I would just get some pure ether.

7. Bodhisattva500

Reputation Points:
    Oh yeah and if you like inhalants you should get some rush. It can be ordered online dirt cheap and is inexpensive. Its medicaly prescribed(amyls) and is comparative to nitrous.

8. linemup

linemup Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You all should try drinking gasoline! What a fucking rush!

I did nitrous once, what a waste of brain cells. Why not just find a group of people whp dont give a rats ass about life, and spend the night passing each other out by choking the shit out of each other?

9. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Stop it and go to bed! You could just as easily say that about any other high. Your experience wasn't good- fine, say that. Other people's experience is different. Nitrous, done properly, is pretty benign compared to some of the things discussed here. It doesn't kill, unless someone is exceedingly dumb or unlucky, it's not addictive, people don't get hurt because of it.

There is absolutely no comparison between nitrous and petrol, and implying there is is dangerous. Please don't go putting ideas into people's heads!

10. linemup

linemup Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I hear where you arecoming from, but how is me suggeting gasoline, any different from these guys talking about huffing shit? All huffing, no matter what it is brings your brain toa complete halt. That is why I compare it to gasoline. Its not like other drugs which modify receptors and chemicals in your body to give you the high.

I may not have choose the best way to express myself, but I still stand by what I believe. If you're going to huff shit, you might as well drink gasoline. The long term effects are the same.

11. Bodhisattva500

Reputation Points:
    Linemup, you are gravely mistaken. Huffing inhalants like glue and freon just kill brain cells. The drugs we are talking about are acually drugs and do modify how your brain works. Ether is an anethestic that was used to nullify pain back in the day. When doctors fordiscoveredethers effects they declared that they had finally conquered pain. For gods sake they give you nitrous(laughing gas) when you go to the dentist. Andtheclass of nitrites found in rush is medically prescribed. Amyl nitrite is prescribedfor angina pectoris which is a pain in the heart.This doesnt just kill brain cells. When nitrites get inyour blood stream their is an increase in oxygen to your brain. This oxygen makes a shortlasting euphoric rush to the head. If youtried rush justonceim sure you would see its definetly a distinctive drug, not justkilling brain cells