Evaluation of DMT smoking methodology

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by vantranist, Jul 15, 2006.

1. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    I have never had the privilage of trying DMT yet, however he is ready to do his first extraction.

anyways he was woundring about smoking it outa a glass meth pipe (note hes never used a meth pipe either) but he was woundring if mabye he should keep the flame on the bowl untill all the crystals vaporized and take it all in, in 1 breath.

Or take the flame on and off while taking a few toks of it?

2. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    The minimum possible heat level necessary to vaporize the DMT should be applied to avoid decomposition due to excessive temperatures. Be aware that many people find that glass pipes are the harshest way to smoke what is already a harsh chemical. The harshness often limits the dosage able to be held in the lungs. Sandwiching it between thin layers of dried parsley in a common pipe is the most tolerable way of smoking it...

3. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    If I use the parsley method, where about should the flame be? he was thinking the tip of the flame should be slightly above the parsley (if using a non jet lighter?) he heard if the flame touches the crystals it messes sumthin up or somthing.

4. TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if You uses the parsely method, first inhale with teh flame around an inch or so from the top layer of the parsely. this will melt the DMT crystals into the bottom layer. it will probably not vaporise any so You probably wont get a hit.

then inhale again and allow the flame to touch the top layer. dont torch it, but allow it to cherry. this will get you a hit, it will be very harsh, try to hold it in for 10 seconds or so. repeat until the dose is finished or the effects make it impossible to take another hit.

If You uses the meth style pipe, as marsofold said it makes it even harsher. the right way to do it is to use a torch lighter but keep the flame an inch or so from the bottom. when it is melted, rotate it with your fingers so the puddle is always moving, maxmizing surface area and making it vaporize quicker and be less likely to burn. freebase style pipes can be very annoying to use properly, especially for people like SWIM and You who have never used them for anything else.

5. Jonah

Jonah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIJ prefers a glass pipe. It's more efficient. That stuff is precious, swimho, and the parsley/herb method is a little wasteful. With a glass chalet you can carb the top of the bulb at the end and make sure that no smoke escapes, and that none is wasted. SWIJ never finds it to be any more or less harsh than any other method if one will give the smoke a second or five to cool a little. Even with that relatively huge wait, you can still manage to effectively heat and get down pretty large amounts without any waste. Four bulbs easy, before setting the pipe down. The trick is to allow yourself to get a little air in as you inhale it and take it real slow. A torch lighter is nice with these, and doesnt get any black shmutz on you.

However, it is a bit of a trick to fill the bulb without burning any.

6. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find it very hard to get enough vapir this way, I use a metal pipe putting it in between ashy screens.

7. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Attatched is a picture of the style of pipe I would use for smoking ANY freebase material.

Take an unfrosted lightbulb, and cut off part of the metal piece that screws in. Crack out the filaments, so you can get access to the insides.

Wash it out, and let it dry. Take a 16oz bottle of soda, and drink it. Enjoy it. Think about how great life is, and how great life is going to get.

Take your bottle cap and pop two straw sized holes. Insert two straws, length isn't as important. One straw will be for inhaling, the other will allow oxygen into the pipe. Chew a piece of gum up, and use it to cover the holes surrounding the straws.

You now have a homemade base pipe. Try and have a different pipe for each substance you use. Wouldn't want to spark up some rock and end up having a DMT experience at the same time.

Proper smoking technique was already posted, but I'll say it again. Hold a lighter underneath the bulb, so the flame doesn't touch. This will melt your dmt to a liquid.

Begin to inhale slowly, rotating the bulb with the lighter still undernearth. As soon as oxygen gets introduced into the bulb, you're gonna set it EXPLODE with smoke. Pretty amazing to watch.

Inhale, exhale, and repeat. Two or three good hits, and you'll be talking to the elves (or whomever you meet) in no time.

Just remember...let go into it, don't fight it.

Attached Files:

• bulb.jpg
      bulb.jpg
      File size:
      198.6 KB
      Views:
  8. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    Intresting method... SWim has thought of using a lightbulb but not like that(thanks!) another way he was thinking is to put a little hole in the top of the bulb but cant figar out how to make a small hole in the bulb without cracking it, even heating it will crack it.

but thanks he'll try your pipe.

9. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It would work, if You could pop the hole in the bulb without cracking the lightbulb. Chances are, in making the style of bulb SWIM showed, you'll break a light bulb or two.

The glass on them is very very thin, so they don't do well with any sort of pressure. SWIM can't find a person local that sells base pipes, so until he does, it's the lightbulb method for him.

10. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    hmm I was woundring if he shoudl try a chip a little hole out... mabye with a sharm knife or drimmle. Ofcorse there might be some hiarline cracks but not enogh to stop the light from serving its purpose.

11. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well, swim wishes You good luck. let us know if you can get it worked out, but seems like a lot of unneccessary work imo.

12. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    it did work out thanks!

what I did was just put a crack in the top of the bulb, chipping a peice out, then to make teh hole smaler he just put some tape around some of the hole leaving just a small hole... not much work once he acutally figared out what to do :)

13. Azz301

Azz301 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Gotta love the DIY freebase pipe. Fantastic effort. Two thumbs up!

I am about to make one to have ready for when his first extraction is ready. He might make one for some rock too, but already has a pipe for that.

14. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A pipe for rock? SWIM always used those glass tubes those pretty paper roses come in.

15. Azz301

Azz301 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    well, a glass pipe. everyone I've seen smoke it has used a similar pipe here.

what glass tubes are you talking about? never seen them.

16. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    they are usually sold at the beer and wine store, the same place I would pick up his mad dog.

its a glass tube with a filter on one end, the other end is open.

inside is a coloured paper twisted to look like a rose with a stem.

a lot of minimarts sell them along side the pipe keychains and torch lighters.

the store near SWIM's work goes through a 12 pack of rose tubes two-three times a week.

17. 4-D VISION

4-D VISION Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Here is a nice little handheld bubbler I had. All he did was switch out the bowl and put in an incent holder!
    ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i206_MIKEY1TWO_FREEBASEPIPE.jpg

18. dreamatrix

dreamatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    damm thats a cool pipe, does it get watercooled? that would be the best ,,swim always smokes inbetween ashes but uses a small sort type of bong with a tiny bit of water and an icecube,, would be kind of cool to have a liquidcooled basepipe ,would make the smoke alot easier , or maybe it will stick to the glass faster ,, dunno ,, Swim quit using bulbs ,, and found his one toke wonder though its a bit more wastefull probably,, but still cool looking pipe ya have there hehe

19. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    an oiler is an oiler is an oiler. doesnt matter what youre using to smoke it from the designs may differ but the function of vaporization is the same.

20. azrael2600

azrael2600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has smoked DMT out of a meth pipe before with amazing success.