Effects - Ever get dizzy from kratom?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by TheSweetPea, Jul 6, 2010.

1. TheSweetPea

TheSweetPea Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Last night I took about 12g of powdered bali and kicked back. He felt the usual effects and then grabbed some food. While eating he began to nod-out, something that never has happened to SWIM with kratom (by itself). 10 minutes after he ate the food he felt very dizzy. It was very difficult to focus and had difficulty doing anything other than wanting to sleep. Eventually he went to bed and in the morning COULD NOT STOP DREAMING. Even in the dreams he wanted to wake up but he couldn't. He kept sleeping and dreaming. Eventually his dog woke him up, which he was grateful for, but as soon as he laid down he fell asleep again, once again he could not awake from his dreams even though he was aware he was sleeping. Very strange.

Anyone have experiences similar to my?

2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Kratom keeps people awake, but apart from that what you is describing is familiar. Dizziness is common. Weird dreams and disturbed sleep are also common. 12g is quite a high dose if the quality is average.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yep on occasion for apparently no reason SWIM can get dizzy from Kratom. It goes with the territory I am afraid.
    More recently The Sunda Indo strain of Kratom which is particularly strong, has made SWIM dizzy and nauseous even at very low doses for SWIM, I am a daily Indo user but Sunda doesn't agree with SWIM.

4. stonefree87

stonefree87 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been using kratom for about 2 years now, and never felt dizziness while using... Until tonight.
    SWIM remembered reading this thread and thought he would share the experience here since this is the first time he felt dizzy while using.

I am a 5'10", 165 lb. male with no current kratom or opiate tolerance, although he has a lot of experience with them. He also had nothing to eat for about 6 hours prior to dosing.

Dosage: Roughly ~12-13 grams.
    Route - Orally (Toss n Wash)

8:30pm - I took about 6 grams of powdered bali

9:00pm - He began to feel the effects set in

9:10pm - Swim ingested another 5 grams of powdered bali, then smoked a cigarette

9:25pm - Swim ingested another 1 or 2 grams

9:40pm - Opiate-like effects were peaking

10:30pm - I decided to finally eat something after about 8 hours without food

10:45pm - After eating, I felt VERY dizzy and could barely keep his eyes open because it was impossible to focus on anything. He felt like just lying down and waiting for the effects to wear off and couldn't even keep his balance while standing. SWIM also broke out in a cold sweat. His entire body felt cold to the touch and sticky with perspiration. SWIM never felt nauseous though.

11:20pm - The dizziness began to go away, and all that was left was a slight "afterglow" and he felt very tired.

I would like to point out that this was the first time he ate while still feeling strong effects of kratom and thinks that had something to do with the dizziness considering that it happened almost immediately after eating. He usually waits until the experience is over to put some food in his stomach because he wants the effects to be as strong as possible. He was just too hungry this time and needed to eat. I am also 99% sure that the food he ate was just fine and didn't contain anything to cause dizziness.

I found the whole experience strange and see's no logical reason why the food would cause such dizziness, but simply cannot think of any other reasons..

5. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    very interesting stonefree, for SWIM eating has the complete opposite effect in that it helps calm dizziness.

SWIM suggests to always keep ground ginger caps handy (1g-1.5g) in case of dizziness and nausea. Ginger really does help !!

6. tech9

tech9 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from england
    I get dizzy after using kratom, dont know why. Every drug my cat has tried gives him an effect different from everyone elses. Strange..

7. Platypotamus

Platypotamus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Almost an identical experience happened to my godfather's nephew the other night for the first time, except rather than needing to sleep it was just needing to lay down because sitting up was too much. He took a slightly larger dose than normal and all was well for the first 20 minutes, but then he stood up and felt like he could barely stand. For the next 3 or 4 hours, even while he was laying down, he felt like he was constantly on the verge of fainting. He said it was very unpleasant.

He didn't get any nausea though, and there was no food consumed for hours before taking nor during. Seemed completely random.

8. nergalman

nergalman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah, last time my friends mommas cat took kratom, he felt really dizzy as he was coming down, and wanted to lie down...he still feels dizzy today, and he only took 5 grams...bizarre huh?

9. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Its usually one of the side effects that comes with taking too much.
    Another explanation could be the drug kicking in on top of a starved stomach. If the person is weak with hunger then the kratom might be a little too much for them.

10. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Dizziness can come with re-dosing with too much, trying to regain the original peak experience, or too soon after the first dose.

11. nergalman

nergalman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    so would that mean my midget cousin took too much? he only took about 5 grams....bizarre. he loves the sedating euphoria though. great for dealing with his (deserved) feelings of worthlessness.