Drug info - ever lick or smoke a toad (Bufotenine)?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Chaote, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was wondering does anybody have a sonoran desert toad that you use for hallucinogenic purposes if so were did you getr it and how do you harvest it?

2. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i had a link somewhere but i can't find it
    paul

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Paul, please post the info instead of linking.

4. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I wish you luck. I have been trying to find one of these for a few years now. It is very hard to find people who actually sell them. A couple friends have them, and sort of lucked into them

They must be milked of their venom, and the venom must then be dried in order to smoke it.</font>

5. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Get to gold status, I emailed my friend and she gave me the link to a supplier, and its now posted in the sources forum. He only has them once in awhile, last time I checked and emailed, he was out.</font>

6. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Toad Licking

You've probably heard about 'toad licking'. Go out into the woods, find a stream, find a toad, lick it, and ta-da! La-La land. Well, it's not EXACTLY like that... although, finding mushrooms is ALMOST like that, except you don't go into the woods, you go into a pasture, and instead of finding a stream, you find a pile of cow flop... but that's another subject. But anyway, back to the toad thing.

First of all, if you do happen to find the right toad, it wouldn't be a good idea to lick it. The stuff that 'gets you off' is actually venom. The frog secretes the stuff when it gets agitated, such as when a predator is about to gobble it down. As soon as the wolf or gila monster or whatever puts the thing in it's mouth, it spits it out, because the venom tastes like ca-ca. But a human, however... a human dedicated to catching a buzz will go ahead and lick the toad, because he's got a new-fangled cerebral cortex that suppresses his natural instincts for long term survival in favor of his need for instant gratification. So before you go stuffing toads in your mouth, here's a few things you should know.

The toad's venom is concentrated on the surface of it's skin, and that's why licking is dangerous. Smoking it is a different story, however. The toxic ingredient in toad venom is called bufotenine, which is burned off while smoking. After the toxic stuff is gone, what's left is the hallucinogen 5-MeO-DMT. THIS is what sends you to never-never land. The only toad known to contain 5-MeO-DMT in it's venom is Bufo Alvaris, also called the Colorado River Toad. It is found in the Southwestern portions of the U.S., usually along the Colorado River in Southern Arizona, California, and Northern New Mexico. 5-MeO-DMT is classified as an unscheduled substance, which means that it is legal to posess... but B. Alvarus venom also contains bufotenine, which is scheduled, so you are hereby warned of all the cop crap.

B. Alvarus is a very large, squat toad with smooth, leathery, greenish-grey skin with tannish underparts. It has several round warts on the body, and four large parotid glands found where the hind-leg meets the body and also above the ear membranes. They can grow up to 9 inches long, but they usually range between 4 and 9 inches. If you ever do actually have one of these greeblies in your hands, be very careful, because as I stated earlier, it secretes venom when agitated, so wear gloves or something and don't rub your eyes or any other orafice on your body after handling it.

In order to get a smokeable sample, put the toad on a piece of glass (a pyrex baking dish works well) and rub the parotid glands behind it's eyes. This will irritate the toad, and it will secrete a milky fluid. Once there is a goodly amount of it, let it evaporate to a crystal and then scrape it with a razor blade. Put it in a glass pipe, and then SHMOKE IT!

These are the commonly reported (generic) effects

Coming on INSTANLY, you will feel a buzzing head-rush and notice a profound change in light and color perceptions. Acute closed-eye visual hallucinations are commonly reported. Effects last for 5 to 15 minutes, falling off rapidly. WARNING: Venom smokers may experience dizziness and/or heart palpitations. If this occurs, breathe slowly and deeply until the effect fades.

Here is a first hand account by Yours Truly

A friend of mine mailed me a sample of this stuff, and included was a note that read 'have a nice time'. I had no idea what this 5-MeO-DMT stuff was, and expected some kind of a mellow buzz akin to marijuana. So, confidently, I loaded the stuff into a pipe, sat back in my lounge chair, and prepared to chill out. Two seconds after I had inhaled my first (and only) hit, the room exploded. When I say that, I mean... it EXPLODED. Everything came apart like a puzzle, but the pieces were still next to each other, like it had only come apart at the seams but hadn't scattered to the four winds. It was an extreme, instant rush; VERY INTENSE. I gripped the arms of the chair I was sitting in like I was on a roller-coaster, and looked over at my lifelong buddy Clintmonstah, and his face flew into 5 different parts. Actually, it was his face, reproduced 5 times, hovering around the central image of his REAL face. I can remember saying something like "oh shit, this is heavy", and then Clint left the room, knowing that something SERIOUS was going on. What followed after that is very hard to recall, because it seemed like a VERY long time passed... a lot longer than the 5 minutes that actually passed in reality between the time when Clint left the room and when he came back. When Clint came back in the room, I was starting to chill out a little, but during those 5 minutes, I was somewhere else. Where, I do not know. Not only was I someWHERE else, I was someWHEN else too. I could have lived an entire lifetime in those 5 minutes, because it seemed like an eternity had passed. Time lost all meaning. EVERYTHING lost all meaning. I was in limbo for those 5 minutes. But I finally came back... and had a frame of reference again! I exhaled in relief. After that, things calmed down, until the effects were completely gone. The entire episode lasted for about 30 minutes from the time I inhaled to the time I was totally back in reality. And what a journey it was...

If you've ever done acid or mushrooms, then imagine the heaviest trip you've ever had magnified about 100 times. That is what it's like when you inhale about 5 milligrams (the recommended dose) of 5-MeO-DMT. And it's instant, not like the slow, gradual coming on when you take an acid hit or eat a shroom. So if you ever have a chance to smoke some 5-MeO-DMT, now you know what you're in for, unlike poor naive me who was expecting a mellow buzz in my comfortable lounge chair in my air-conditioned apartment. But, it's definitely worth the trip, even if you take it only once. I haven't taken it since, and it has been 2 years...

But you know, you can order the stuff legaly from a company called 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I have found the brochure which was floating around my apartment somewhere, and here's the address and phone number like I said, so you can check it out for yourself. O-tay, butt-wheat?

Do NOT post sources here. Read the Rules. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2006
    1. 3/5,
      copy and paste of a poorly written advertisement
      May 3, 2006
  7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    the above is a verbatim copy-paste from a Geocities page. i believe it is NOT searcher's writing.

now, anecdotal evidence suggests that getting a good hit of 2BR-ICK (of course, only the pure rock form will do) will produce the same effect and will help you avoid frenchkissing gaggles of hapless toads (lest they turn into a princes?).

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    But the best is, of course, the Cane-Toad. Right nano?

9. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    whapadang straight. why else d'ya recken we call'em Cane-Toads?

10. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I remember reading in the anarchist cookbook that you could kill a toad and smoke its dead body! The instructions to do so were right after the instructions on how to make lsd from morning glory seeds. ROFL...........peace I am about to go smoke a banana peel or possible peanut shells (SWIM must refer to his trusty anarchist cook book to find which one will fuck him up more).

Then again I could always just try to make some sort of explosive and get high off the fumes!

Where does the toad licking myth come from anyways? Homer licked a toad on one episode so many of my friends think you can get high from licking a toad. lol people are goofy including swim...peace

11. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    bufo alavarus (sp?) toads contain 5 meo dmt.

you will not be able to get high off the 5 meo dmt though unless you milk the toad for its venom. Licking will get you nowhere.

i think that is where the whole toad licking thing comes from.

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    From a real incident:

Hot Frogs on the Loose

By the light of the Tennessee moon
    From the bilious bubbles of a black lagoon
    They make a hound dog howl a SWAT team swoon
    Hot frogs on the loose

They've multiplied since '53
    Slurping nuclear debris
    Amphibious fabulous fancy free
    Hot frogs on the loose

CHORUS:
    Hippity hoppity here they come
    Radioactive lookin' for fun
    If you kiss 'em look out for the tongue
    Hot frogs on the loose

They got little skinny legs and big bug eyes
    Fraternizing's not advised
    They like you like they like flies
    Hot frogs on the loose

They got a chicken nugget body and a whopper leap
    In your bedroom while you sleep
    They'll make your Geiger counter beep
    Hot frogs on the loose

CHORUS

You can put the pedal to the metal till the rubber squeals
    Squish 'em with your tires you got hot wheels
    How you know how it feels to be a
    Hot frog on the loose

Please do not keep them as pets
    Sauteing them may bring regrets
    Make a citizen's arrest of a
    Hot frog on the loose

Frogs for peace frogs for defense
    Don't be nervous don't be tense
    We've got a sure-fire three-foot fence
    To keep the hot frogs from gettin loose

CHORUS

- Fred Small

13. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Bufo Alvarius is the correct spelling...

14. Ebatra

Ebatra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you ever think about licking or smoking a toad DO NOT USE CANE TOADS! These toads won't get you high but will get you sick. It is rare but these toads if licked can be deadly.

15. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just uploaded this to the file archive, thought it may be applicable to this thread.

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.php?action=jump&id=1014&catid=53

Abstract

Anthropologists have long speculated that ancient peoples of Mesoamerica used a toad, Bufo marinas, as a ritual intoxicant. This hypothesis rests on many iconographic and mythological representations of toads and on a number of speculative ethnographic reports. The authors reject B. marinus as a candidate for such use because of the toxicity of its venom. A more likely candidate is the Sonoran desert toad, Bufo alvarius, which secretes large amounts of the potent known hallucinogen, 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5MeO-DMT). The authors demonstrate that the venom of B. ulvarius, although known to be toxic when consumed orally, may be safely smoked and is powerfully psychoactive by that route of administration. These experiments are the first documentation of an hallucinogenic agent from the animal kingdom, and they provide clear evidence of a psychoactive toad that could have been employed by Precolumbian peoples of the New World.

You are kidding me right? Do you even know what you are talking about?

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_effects.shtml

16. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Trebor I dont get what You means, explain, does You mean because it isnt active orally unless in combination with an maoi, cuz we are discussing smoking, I am just guessing not sure wat u mean.

17. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    All members of the genus Bufo have nasty oral toxin (peptides and cardiac glycosides) which are active orally but not when smoked. However, only alvarus has 5meoDMT. Some smoke Bufo marinus venom, but it is not 5meoDMT. Licking any toad, including bufo alvarus, is a good way to die a nasty death. Those from toad infected regions of Australia can attest to how toxic these critters are.
    If you wanna get high in the animal kingdom, snakes and scorpion venom is the way to go.
    Snapper

18. rupert

rupert Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    I'm kinda lost now:
    Does the milking a toad actually work or is it a myth?
    If so, would it be morally ok to keep one as a pet hooked to a milking machine?

(I guess most people know where the banan thing came from. I read a story in "I want to get you higher" but that might have been made up too..)

19. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes one could milk a toad but it scares them really bad which in could scare the hell out of you. No one could not milk it often they need a resting period or it does serious damage to the toad. Why would one want to hurt/scare a toad to get high VERY bad Karma. If one wants to experience 5-meo-dmt buy it from a research company. In the long run it is much cheaper than keeping a pet toad properly. These toads need lots of room and lots of food the up keep is very expensive. Also all the toads that can be food in pet stores are wild caught. So when one gets them they are taking a toads freedom away so one is putting a toad in jail. Would you want to be locked up and tortured by your cellmate Bubba for the rest of you life?

Swib understand trebor. 5-meo-dmt is very whitening were as nndmt is very colorful. Which is what swib thinks was meant one gets launched into the universe but with out all the beautiful colors. The steak dinner with out the steak.

leave the poor defenseless toads alone! It takes a person who knows how to take care of these speacial animals to care for them properlly, if not one is just hurting an animal.

20. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been involved in the pet industry for several years, and kept several of these toads, and while he appreciates your concern, a lot of your information is false.

To begin with, if you decide you want to keep the Colorado River Toad, do so. Not because you can get trip off the venom (although some see it is a plus), but because they are awesome animals.

Their care is no different than any other toad. Give him a deep moist substrate to dig in, clean water every day, and feed him 2-3 times a week. He'll eat crickets, which should be dusted with calcium carbonate. Larger toads will be able to eat new-borne mice on a less frequent schedule. Mice with hair should not be fed, as the hair is difficult for to break down and digest, and may lead to impaction.

Keep his enclosure in the mid 80s to low 90s during the day, and allow it to drop to the mid 60s at night. While not necessary, providing him with some sort of lighting containing the UVB wavelength will certainly improve his health.

As far as the enclosure goes, we have kept them in rubbermaids, but your standard glass aquarium will work also. If you choose to use a glass aquarium, take paper and wrap it around the first 2 or 3 inches of the entire tank, so the toad knows he can't climb through there. Left open, he will continously try to climb out through the glass, resulting in a messed up nose and jaw.

As far as milking the venom, do it no more frequently than once a month. There are more spots to milk than just the ones on the head, they have glands on the legs and on the front feet.

"Half-a-gram to a gram or more of fresh venom can be collected from a large adult specimen of B. alvarius. Half of this weight is water and evaporates upon drying. But, as must as fifteen per cent of the dry weight is the predominant alkaloid, 5-MEO-DMT. In other words, one large toad yielding one gram of fresh venom may equal as much as seventy-five milligrams of potent hallucinogen, psychoactive in man at doses of three to five milligrams." - Erowid Toad Venom Vault

The concern for wild-caught specimens is a very real issue, atleast. If you look around, there are captive bred toads available, but definately more pricey...but worth it. You shouldn't have to deal with internal parasites or bacterial infections that are common with wild-caught toads.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it for him. These guys make awesome pets, and are fun to have around. Nothing creepier than when You is tripping, and the happy, horney male toad starts singing...

And also, orally ingesting the venom is a bad idea, as it contains bufotenin, which is potentially toxic. Stick to smoking it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2006