1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Everything you need to know about Drug Testing

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by Jasim, May 10, 2010.

1. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Re: Drug Testing - A Comprehensive Guide

Update needed to table 1.

JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-250 can all be detected from a saliva test 24-48 hours after consumption.

source: uatests.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Komrade

Komrade Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Hello. I have questions about detection of fat-soluble THC metabolites specifically, and the use of dietary supplements to increase fat burning.

As evidenced in Metabolic effects of caffeine in humans: lipid oxidation or futile cycling?, caffeine increases lipid oxidation: "During steady state conditions (last hour of the test) after ingestion of caffeine, lipid turnover increased 2-fold (P < 0.005), and the mean (±SEM) thermic effect was 13.3 ± 2.2% (P < 0.001), both of which were greater than after ingestion of placebo or caffeine during ß-adrenoceptor blockade. After ingestion of caffeine, oxidative FFA disposal increased 44% (236 ± 21 to 340 ± 16 µmol/min), whereas nonoxidative FFA disposal increased 2.3-fold (455 ± 66 to 1054 ± 242 µmol/min; P < 0.01). In postabsorptive conditions, 34% of lipids were oxidized and 66% were recycled. Caffeine ingestion increased energy expenditure 13% and doubled the turnover of lipids, of which 24% were oxidized and 76% were recycled. ß-Adrenoceptor blockade decreased, but did not inhibit, these variables."

As evidenced in Anti-obesity effects of green tea: From bedside to bench, green tea extract does the same, via the effects of epigallocatechin gallate on norepinephrine and metabolism levels: "Green tea, green tea catechins, and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) have been demonstrated in cell culture and animal models of obesity to reduce adipocyte differentiation and proliferation, lipogenesis, fat mass, body weight, fat absorption, plasma levels of triglycerides, free fatty acids, cholesterol, glucose, insulin and leptin, as well as to increase beta-oxidation and thermogenesis. Adipose tissue, liver, intestine, and skeletal muscle are target organs of green tea, mediating its anti-obesity effects. Studies conducted with human subjects report reduced body weight and body fat, as well as increased fat oxidation and thermogenesis and thereby confirm findings in cell culture systems and animal models of obesity."

As evidenced in The effect of l-carnitine on fat oxidation, protein turnover, and body composition in slightly overweight subjects, carnitine also increases fat oxidation: "We used a combined tracer technique with the stable isotopes 13C and 15N to gain further insight into the metabolic changes that accompany supplementation of l-carnitine. The aim of the present study was to investigate whether l-carnitine supplementation can influence fat oxidation, protein turnover, body composition, and weight development in slightly overweight subjects. Twelve volunteers received an individual regular diet either without or with l-carnitine supplementation of 3 g/d for 10 days. Protein turnover and fat oxidation were investigated after administration of [15N]glycine and an [U-13C]algae lipid mixture. The 15N- and 13C-enrichment in urine and breath were measured by isotope ratio mass spectrometry. Body fat mass (BFM), total body water (TBW), and lean body mass (LBM) were calculated by using bioelectric impedance analysis. l-carnitine supplementation led to a significant increase in 13C-fat oxidation (15.8% v 19.3%; P = .021) whereas protein synthesis and breakdown rates (3.7 and 3.4 g/kg/d, respectively) remained unchanged, indicating that the increased dietary fat oxidation in slightly overweight subjects was not accompanied by protein catabolism."

As evidenced in Conjugated Linoleic Acid Reduces Body Fat Mass in Overweight and Obese Humans, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduces body fat mass: "Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) has been shown to reduce body fat mass (BFM) in animals. To investigate the dose-response relationships of conjugated linoleic acid with regard to BFM in humans, a randomized, double-blind study including 60 overweight or obese volunteers (body mass index 25–35 kg/m2) was performed. The subjects were divided into five groups receiving placebo (9 g olive oil), 1.7, 3.4, 5.1 or 6.8 g conjugated linoleic acid per day for 12 wk, respectively. Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry was used to measure body composition [measurements at wk 0 (baseline), 6 and 12]. Of the 60 subjects, 47 completed the study. Eight subjects withdrew from the study due to adverse events; however, no differences among treatment groups were found regarding adverse events. Repeated-measures analysis showed that a significantly higher reduction in BFM was found in the conjugated linoleic acid groups compared with the placebo group (P = 0.03). The reduction of body fat within the groups was significant for the 3.4 and 6.8 g CLA groups (P = 0.05 and P = 0.02, respectively). No significant differences among the groups were observed in lean body mass, body mass index, blood safety variables or blood lipids. The data suggest that conjugated linoleic acid may reduce BFM in humans and that no additional effect on BFM is achieved with doses > 3.4 g CLA/d."

As evidenced in The Effect of Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation on Obstacle Course and Multiple Bench Press Performance, creatine supplementation may also do the same, in addition to its effect of increasing creatinine levels: "Dietary creatine (Cr) supplementation has been shown to enhance muscular strength and endurance. This study determined the effects of Cr supplementation on performance of military training tasks. Two groups (Cr and placebo [Pl]) of 13 male soldiers each performed 3 consecutive military obstacle course runs (~3 minutes over 7 obstacles with a 2-minute rest between runs) followed by a rifle marksmanship task on 3 occasions (T1, T2, and T3), each separated by 5 days. They also completed a bench press protocol (5 sets to failure at 70% of 1 repetition maximum) and answered the Profile of Mood States questionnaire during each test session. Testing was done 3 times. No supplementation was given before T1 Supplementation was provided using sports bars, with both groups receiving Pl bars between T1 and T2, whereas from T2 to T3 the Cr group consumed 24 g per day of Cr monohydrate in sports bars and the Pl group consumed an equal amount (kilocalories) of Pl sports bars. Creatine usage resulted in a significant (14%) increase in total bench press repetitions (p < 0.05), but no difference between groups in obstacle course run times for the 3 runs from T2 to T3. Marksmanship or mood was not affected by Cr supplementation. An increase of 1.4 kg in body mass (p <= 0.005) and a 0.5% decrease in percent body fat (p <= 0.05) were observed after Cr ingestion. Creatine supplementation over 5 days improved performance during a controlled strength test but did not significantly improve military obstacle course performance."

Should the use of these supplements therefore accelerate the "flushing" of THC metabolites from fat stores?

3. Komrade

Komrade Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Excessive creatine use can be harmful, but ten to twenty grams of creatine monohydrate (preferably micronized) a day (two to four rounded tablespoons) shouldn't cause problems.

4. JSiN

JSiN Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from U.S.A.

What about things like M1 methylone or butylone? Are those tested for, and if so what shows up?

JSiN added 689 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Well after reading through the thread more I found some of the answers I was looking for. The next question is how long does it take for either of these chemicals to pass through the system and not be detectable? And should I really be concerned about these two chemicals being looked for in the first place?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  5. GratefulDeadJunkie

GratefulDeadJunkie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.

Hey Jasim and anybody else that can help. Ive read through this entire thread to avoid posting a question that has been answered. What is the deal with phenazepam and extended assay panels for the courts. I read where it was said it wasn't currently tested for, but that post is about 2 years old now. Was just wondering if anyone knew if phenazepam is currently tested for in courts. Also, what about etizolam since it isn't an 1,4 benzo. You guys are the best! thanks for all your awesome info!!! peace n love

6. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.

If you go to the main Drug Testing forum, on the right there's a little text link that says 'Search This Forum'. After you click it & the menu drops down, type in whatever drug you're looking to find testing information on. ETA: see attachment :)

That said, phenazepam is a benzodiazepine, so it's very likely it will show up on a drug screen. Now, if you want to pay the, what, $200? fee to have the confirmatory testing done, it won't come up positive for any of the benzos tested for. But is that really worth it?? ETA: I just remembered that, while no one tests for phenazepam specifically, there is a very good chance it metabolizes into something that *is* tested for. So, I'm not even sure a confirmatory test would 'save' you. Better to just give this one a pass if you're being tested.

Etizolam doesn't usually show up on drug tests, as it doesn't metabolize into anything that is tested for. However, people *HAVE* sometimes gotten a positive drug screen for benzos after stating they'd only taken etizolam. Now, these could have been false positives, or they could have gotten something other than etizolam in their order. Again, confirmatory testing would come back negative; every individual has to decide for themselves if they feel that's worth it.

As long as you're not completely ridiculous (like, 6mg+), Klonopin (clonazepam) generally doesn't trigger oral swab drug tests & I've heard this is true for (some?) urine drug tests as well. I can attest to it not showing up in oral swabs, as I have taken some on a number of occasions & (of course!) getting swabbed within a day or two of doing so (I've probably taken Kpins 7-8 times in the last 2 years, and gotten swabbed shortly after 4 or 5 times :rolleyes:). In fact, a staff member at the place I get occasionally drug tested at even said to me, "if you're having a really bad anxiety/panic day, Klonopin doesn't show up on the swabs..." This can be a BAD thing though, if you're actually prescribed Klonopin & sometimes take other benzodiazepines; since all the staff know that Kpins don't show up on tests, if you all of a sudden pop dirty for benzos, they know you've been taking non-prescribed ones. ;)

In the future, you can use the "Search this forum" link to look up various drugs in the Drug Testing area, or you can accomplish the same thing by choosing "Advanced Search" in the Search drop-down menu. On that page, input the drug you're seeking info on in the "keywords" box, then towards the bottom right of the page, you can choose which forum(s) you want to search for that term in - in this instance, you'd choose "Drug Testing". ;)

~Kailey

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  7. In Pain

In Pain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Ok, I looked thru this thread and didn't see an answer to my question. I may have missed it, if so, I apologize.

I am a chronic pain suffer from a car accident over 20 yrs ago. I am in a wheelchair. I have pain in my back where the vertabrae were fused. There is nothing surgically they can do. I have tried therapy and it didn't work, although, I am considering trying it again, because at the time, I was working full time so the working may have made the pain worse.

Anyway, I was on Fentanyl patches for about 3 years and I would get 30 vicoden per month for breakthru pain. I got very tired of the patches. I was sick of the process of putting them on. When I would scratch them off in the middle of the night or if they would just come off because of sweat I would be forced to go to my doctor and plead for a new patch. Hence, this would make me look like a drug seeker. Because of this, I was referred to a pain clinic. I asked them to step me off the patches and I wanted to try different oral meds and try to treat the pain only when it was too bad for me to handle. Rather than be medicated at all times and the hassle of the patches.

So now I am off Fentanyl, thank God. And I am on Oxcodone 15mg 3 times per day. It works but I sometimes just have to endure some pain. But I am fine with that.

Recently, I got together with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while and we played wheelchair tennis. At the time, I felt fine and we played pretty agressively, well agressively for me. This was on a Friday afternoon. By Sat morning I was in very bad pain. I took the oxycodone 15mg and it did NOTHING. I didn't want to double dose and certainly didn't want to just wait it out. There was no way I was going to call the clinic on a Sat or go to an ER (as that is part of their rules...don't go to the ER) as really, I feel like I am treated like they think I am a drug addict at the pain clinic as it is. So, I had one 50mcg Fentanyl patch remaining from when I used to be on them. I put it on. It helped immensly and got me thru the rough "patch" (pun intended :) ) I wore it for 2 days and refrained from taking the oxycodone during that time. I even tinkered with the idea of going back to fentanyl patches but I just hated the process so much and the fact that I was medicated 24/7. Anyway, finally, Here is my question.

How long will Fentanyl 50mcg stay in my system for a PAIN CLINIC URINE TEST. Not a work drug screen. But the kind of drug urine test that a PAIN CLINIC would administer and NOT the dipstick kind, the kind where they send it to a lab. And trust me, they did because I got a $500 lab bill to prove it. I had to take one about 4 months ago, which was about 3 months into my time at this pain clinic. Gotta love someone who is in obvious pain being forced to PAY to prove they aren't abusing. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty...anyway, a big thanks to everyone who has forced pain clinics to do this, btw.

Here is my reason for asking. I am torn. Part of me says, just tell the Dr what happened and my reasoning for using the patch. BUT, with the set of rules the pain clinic gave me and the way they treat me overall, or at least the way I feel they treat me, I am afraid if I just tell them the truth they will say I violated my contract and boom....I am screwed and in pain for life. The other part of me says, don't say a word. I am not doing this again because for one, I don't even have any patches left and two, I don't want to be labeled an abuser if by chance they did test me. And trust me, I thought about this for about 30 mins of sheer pain before I said screw it and put the patch in question on, I was not going to sit there in pain.

Now I don't know if they plan on doing a drug test any time soon. And most likely, they probably won't, as like I said, I was already tested about 4 months ago. So the odds of them springing a test on me are slim. But I have an appt coming up and I am trying to decide whether I just don't mention it and hope and pray that I don't get tested. Or just tell them and hope and pray they don't just kick me out of the program. Now my heart says that they will understand, but my brain says, its not worth telling them and chancing it if it won't even be an issue.

SO. back to the question. How long does a fentanyl 50mcg patch worn for 2 days stay in your system when taking a PAIN CENTER URINE drug test sent to a LAB.

Sorry if this is rambling but I read the rules and it says be descriptive, give reasons and so I am trying to be as accurate as possible.

And honestly, and no offense, if your answer is "just tell them, they'll understand" don't bother. I know that is an option, one that I will probably end up going with. I just have to weigh whether telling the truth and POSSIBLY being black listed is worth being honest.

Thanks in advance for you help and answers.

In Pain

8. Bmore diesel

Bmore diesel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.

I know where I live suboxone does not show up..if u want to be safe for any reason...go to rite aid and get urself a 10 panel and do ur own test at home

Bmore diesel added 12 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Sorry wrong thread..I'm a lil twisted right now

Bmore diesel added 31 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

In pain if you shorten ur story more ppl will read and respond anyways if the same applies if u want to b safe take a 10 panel from rite aid to know ur status ...u shouldn't have worry after a day of drinking water and urinating donot over do it just hydrated normal recommended amount a day 8 glasses of water. the clinic can't tell the difference between the two opiates if u take oxy everyday ur urine if already high traces of opiates....if worried tell them u had a death in the family and need to reschedule ur appointment..in the mean time continue taking ur oxy as prescribed and find a more user friendly clinic.. As you no I take suboxone and have to piss for my doc too when I use to come in dirty he didn't now how much I was using just that I was dirty and he would send to lab also
    I think ur fine if u take oxy everyday if not wait a 1 day

Bmore diesel added 14 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

In pain.. if you shorten ur story more ppl will read and respond anyways .u shouldn't have worry after a day of drinking water and urinating donot over do it just hydrated normal recommended amount a day 8 glasses of water. the clinic can't tell the difference between the two opiates if u take oxy everyday ur urine already has high traces of opiates....if worried tell them u had a death in the family and need to reschedule ur appointment and in the mean time continue taking ur oxy as prescribed and find a more user friendly clinic.. I take suboxone and have to piss for my doc too when I use to come in dirty he didn't now how much I was using just that I was dirty and he would send to lab also I know this cuz I told him I was usin 5 80mg oxycotins a days so he would prescribe me 4 suboxone a day use ..I was only takin 3 oxycotin a day I wanted the extra suboxone to help a friend that couldn't afford a doctor..so I kept half the script for myself and the other was for a friend ..suboxone saves lives if u ever want to get off opiates
    I think ur fine if u take oxy everyday..if not wait a 1 day[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. flowertongue666

flowertongue666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Here's a question I haven't seen asked before (and I tried to UTFSE, but didn't see it):

How long BEFORE a drug shows up in the urine? If metabolites are being tested for, how long before the body excretes the metabolite?

If one were interested in testing RC's, gray-market products without proper identification, or legal herbs which can act on desirable receptors and wanted to do so on a variety of urine testing methods- what time would be the best TO test dirty (if such a compound could make one test dirty)?

10. MedHed

MedHed Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    63 y/o from U.S.A.

You should simply tell your doctor about the incident involving the wheelchair tennis and that this was something you had not done in a long time. If he cannot understand how this activity could trigger greater-than-usual pain, then you have an imbecile for a physician.
    You should try adding a couple of Advil to your oxycodone if such activity should once again trigger severe pain. All trauma to body tissue triggers inflammation, and narcotics are not anti-inflammatory. Be careful if you start to add Advil regularly because regular use can cause erosion of the stomach lining, which is extremely painful. Because I once caused this erosion to happen to me, I now must take three Pepcid-AC tablets and one tablet of Prilosec before taking Advil.
    I used to take three Advils at a time but now can take only two. Unless I do something really bad to myself (I have severe osteoarthritis) I make do with Tylenol.
    But my days on Tylenol are numbered because my condition is worsening; (I am 57).
    I have gastric reflux, so I may soon have to ask my rheumatologist for either Celebrex or Mobic; They are C0x-2 anti-inflammatory meds which do not interefere with mucosal secretion by the stomach, unlike Advil and Aleve. If Celebrex causes me stomach problems, then I might have to ask him for a low dose of it --- plus Percocet.

Good Luck

-MedHed

11. 4.3Sonoma

4.3Sonoma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

This month I snorted 1g of coke (.5 on the 7th of march) and (.5 combined on the 16th and 17th of march). I snorted these lines while drinking beers. I have a urine drug test on the 28th which will give SWIM 11 days to metabolize the benzoylecgonine and cocaethylene. Before this month I was a really light user who did maybe .6 in the previous 2 months and before that none. how long would it take to get rid of the cocaethylene? would 11 days be more then enough? i did not see that one listed on the chart.

12. 4.3Sonoma

4.3Sonoma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

someone answer my post . i was going to donate if i found the answer but obviously noone wants to help

13. catseye

catseye Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Just an observation - a demand for answers coupled with the threat of not donating if we don't tell you probably isn't the best way to motivate people to help :confused:

A very quick google search tells me that the half-life of cocaethylene is 2.5 hrs - you can do the maths from there.
    (If you aren't sure how to calculate half-life there are several free online tools to do so)

The long and short of it is this - nobody can 100% guarantee that any timeframe will be enough because drug detection is based on far more than time...it depends in part on an individuals metabolism, BMI, liver function, hydration level, etc etc etc.
    Good luck.

14. 4.3Sonoma

4.3Sonoma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

i wansnt trying to be rude, thanks for your input im just trying to figure this out for him. My buddy is 140 lbs really good metabolism. He drinks alot only because he cant smoke pot because of his test he has to take. hes heard it would take a week tops for someone his size but asked me to come online and make sure for him because hes not good with computers

So half life means every 2.5 hours the amount cuts in half? so say 1g was taken, in 2.5 hours it would be 0.5, and in another 2.5hours it would be 0.25g? In that case i do the math 11 days is 264 hours and half life is 2.5 hours, so 105 times it would have divided in half in these 11 days. so i divided 1g in half 105 times and came up with a ridiculously low number 0.00000000000000000000000000000000123g or 1.23x10^-32. and a nanogram what they use to calculate it is so minus 9 zeros and i get 1.23x10^-23 or 0.00000000000000000000000123 nanograms. so they allow 150ng /1ml and piss jars are 70-80ml so judging by this he will be fine, anyone that can confirm my way of looking at it he will be extremely grateful by a response and be able to sleep good tonight his test is tomorrow

15. BlueWave

BlueWave Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Hello all! I'm curious about hair testing regarding marijuana use. There's seems to be little information out there, and what information one can find is often conflicting. I recently read this on a NORML web page:

I'm curious what method would be used to expose one's hair to high humidity? Sauna? My purple Pomeranian puppy uses marijuana and is subject to random hair testing, and I do wish I could gain knowledge for her sake.

16. snugs

snugs Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

So much knowledge here, can you help me? On wed this week around 2pm i was post accident drug tested
    , i fell at work. I was given a 5 panel test sent to quest technology for testing. Im really concerned notbecause of drugs but because i had a mixed drink on sunday night with my dinner,it was a craberry voda
    Ka drink, only one. Im a female around 180 lbs. i cannot afford to lose my job, what do you guys think?

17. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Minnesota, U.S.A.

5 Panel drug tests standardly do not test for alcohol. Is it a requirement of your employment to remain alcohol free even in your off the clock time? If you would have read the test it most likely would have said exactly what you were being tested for; cocaine, amphetamine, methampetamine, opioid, THC.

18. nik12937

nik12937 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I'm confused as to why dilution is under the "what does not work" section... It is very easy to dilute your urine and at the same time take creatine supplements to raise your urine creatinine level, I have passed several lab tests this way with only a two to three day break from smoking marijuana.

19. slay13

slay13 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

So have we ever come to a conclusion about whether or not "opioids" are included in the "opiates" section of a standard 5 panel test? I'm under the impression hydromorphone is an opiod but I am still confused about whether or not it will trip the opiate panel. Any ideas or experiences?

20. Lazr

Lazr Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.

AFOAF is engaged in an intensive outpatient program and he is here to list all the odd-ball substances that CAN be tested for (ones that he has seen people come up positive for)
    ketamine- usually not tested for unless one has a history with it
    LSD- tested for on all patients
    Psilocin- tested for on all patients
    DXM- tested for on all patients (even therapeutic doses have been questioned)
    Suboxone- tested for on all patients
    Zolpidem (Ambien) - tested for on all patients, although the duration it stays in ones system is so small this can be disregarded, You would be fine unless the screen was taken under the influence or soon after.
    Diphenhydramine/Dimenhydramime- tested for on all patients, but it's a dumb drug anyways, You shouldn't do it

Things AFOAF is sure is NOT tested for
    2c-(x) drugs
    The NBOMe series
    Tryptamines

I hope this Information helps a friend in need.