Evils of 2nd hnd pot smoke?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by RoboCop, Mar 3, 2005.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ALLERGIC REACTION TO POT SMOKE
    Cannabis use widespread, Letter, Feb. 28.

While I do not disagree that cannabis use is widespread, I challenge Alan McKinlay to accompany me in my fight to live in the face of others' recreation.

I suffer from anaphylaxis to marijuana, the same condition that countless Canadians suffer from, the most famous form being anaphylaxis to peanuts.

During walks up and down Yonge Street, I find myself in the grips of a severe allergy attack and am forced to administer my epi-pen and call an ambulance.

While McKinlay believes that no harm can come from his recreational use, I wish he would talk to the wonderful, compassionate hospital room triage nurses and doctors who shake their heads in disbelief as they treat me while I shake, cry, wretch and suffer in pain.

I do not dispute that many wonderful, kind, caring people get high once in a while. But it is illegal for a reason. The smoke is thick and permeates everything around it in a way that cigarette smoke does not.

It is time for the negative effects of marijuana on those who do not partake ( I have never even seen it ) to be brought to light.

If legalized, I face an uncertain future, as do countless citizens who have never been exposed to the substance and could very well be as allergic to it as I am.

I challenge McKinlay: the next time I collapse and end up in Toronto General, come and sit with me in the emergency room for the long five-hour wait.

See how I suffer, and then make your case for marijuana's benign glory.

Courtney Prizrenac, Burlington
    -----------------------------------------------

I want to take a bong rip and blow it in this guys face.

2. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    He actually thinks weed is illegal because of the density of the smoke? If this happens often to him on that street he mentions, why doesn't he just stay the hell away from it?

3. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe he got high off from them blowing it into his face, maybe they were intentionally shotguning him and it wasnt second hand smoke at all like instead of inhaling maybe they just blowed it in his face and he got high and called the ambulance cuz he didnt know what was going on, if that guy would sit down and toke up and see what he is missing maybe he would totaly turn the other way, But who knows.

4. poweredbyhate

poweredbyhate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I don't see how you could be so seriously allergic to marijuana smoke.
    I can see how it could make you cough or be an irritant to your lungs,
    but I doubt you would go into anaphylactic shock. Then again, you never
    know. But the way the letter is written, it sounds like it's some
    anti-drug group trying to show a negative effect of smoking cannabis.

5. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    FUCKING A! that guy is just like numerous other people who always have to bitch. they can never let well enough be. like shit props to the people who are getting weed legalized.. now they can smoke and not worry shit. Then this fuck-0 has to go and spout about how pot smoke is so bad, it's just like people bitching about what's on the radio, change the fucking station or in this case walk somewhere else, and my guess unless someone clambakes a store and then turns mad fans on with only the door open, the smoke really isnt that thick.. what a guy htis person is, and to piss him off I will do a Gravity Bong

Muirner

6. poweredbyhate

poweredbyhate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    After re-reading the letter, I realized it is from "Courtney
    Prizrenac", which sounds like a woman's name... Maybe it's not a
    guy after all. Not that it makes a huge difference, but I think
    we all assumed it was a man at first.

7. Stingray_313

Stingray_313 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    That person is really ignorant. I like how you put it Muirner. </span>If
    marijuana was legal, i dont think people would be smoking it enough in
    bars and streets and stuff to make people start randomly collapsing due
    to allergies. I mean come on, as long as you arent hotboxing a room,
    there shouldent be a problem. And if someone IS hotboxing a room, then
    dont fucking walk in it! I dont see how fucking complicated it could
    be. Jesus christ, whats next? Are you gonna sue Planters Peanuts for
    containing nuts because your allergic to them?! WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

8. mrjmrj

mrjmrj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Whatever. Whatever. What freaking ever. Me and two others hot-boxed another guy in a a small sauna for 15 minutes and he didn't even feel anything. Not the typical situation, I'm sure, but there's no way this guy is sane.

9. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Do u know how much smoke it'd take most likely to have any real effect on the ouside air if people were say smoking in bars and the streets? just think when you blow out smoke it's gone in seconds into the air, and that's that. It is such a little part per billion parts of air.

That is like people bitching that they dont like the programming on their tv. It isnt like someone is making you sit your fat fucking ass infront of the boob tube and watch what ever is on there. Inventors have helped ppl there, use the fucking remote and change the channel. To be on topic, if pot was legal and people smoked in a bar, then what the fuck go someplace else, or avoid the room where they are smoking (if there is smoking and non)

I like how you put that!

Sorry about all this ranting i've done in this thread, it just pisses me off that someone can take smoking pot and say that he is so affected by it that he cannot walk down the streets with out being affected. how many other fucking streets are there in town? hundreds? Thousands? People need to leave well enough alone and take their heads outa their ass because they are not the only people who matter in life. if something is bothering you then no reason for you to go fucking it up for the people who it dosent bother, who actually find it relaxing.

that guy should just hold his breath for the walk infront of the places that bother him,

I know kids who have sat in cars for mutipal bowl sessions and skipped over them they still didnt even show positive for marijuana on drug screens and you know that pot shows up at 50mg/l of piss... interesting how this guy is freaking out about it

MuirnerEdited by: Alfa

10. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I thought the correct way of saying it was 50 nanograms/milliliter who is gonna piss a liter at a time? Why did alfa edit your post? Ya know its great how the world works the one person who is allergic, and couldnt be mentally retarded but nevertheless someone who is able to get a article published about this, thankyou america i love my country but the marijuana laws have got to stop being so strict why illegalize a plant that to no proven scientific study has caused noticable amount of brain damage not even to monkey's but hey lets make a beer store beside every supermarket i mean even walmart sells beer its bullshit walmart sells beer and guns and i cant smoke a joint outside the place without being slammed, cuffed, not even questioned and then str8 to jail.

11. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    purple, i do withdraw my statement on #'s and id like to say that your right. It is 50ng/ml. I dont know why alfa editied my post, i didnt get a message or anything, my guess would be because i was on a rant and he didnt want to read some of the stuff.

Very good point about wallmart, but hey that is what you get in the states. I actually read that brain cells regenerate at a faster rate then they ever could have immagined... i dont have a link to back this up right now but i'll look for one at some point.

Muirner

12. thelizardking8945

thelizardking8945 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wouldnt this lady have to be in contact with it for awhile to start
    collapsing? she described it as walking down the street, getting a whif
    of it, and start dying. some details would be nice in there. plus, i
    dont think smoke lingers around in thick clouds when your outside. i
    fe3el bad for her, but i think she is exaggerating.