[experience] Ritalin Intra-veinous

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by SpeedBuggy54, Oct 25, 2006.

1. SpeedBuggy54

SpeedBuggy54 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    WOW. First off, I want to say that SWIM's experience should be taken with a grain of salt. THIS IS BY NO MEANS MEDICAL ADVICE, BUT AN EXPERIENCE.

I went to the doc today, and got a scrip of 20mg METHYLPHENIDATE tabs, GENERIC RITALIN, to be taken 3x daily.

I have been taking 30 mg ADDERALL tabs from one doc, but ran out early (LOL) so saw another doc to try "Rita" as swim calls her.

Keep in mind, I has had many many Rita scripts in the past, experimenting orally, nasally.

Tonight was the first Rita IV.

It was amazing. I weigh 209lbs.

I started by crushing 1 20 mg tab, placing on spoon, mixing with purified water, filtering through q-tip cotton, and injecting into vein.

SWIM chatted with someone online right after. And swim means CHATTED.

Swim said it was like the peak of "E", possibly if it included meth properties. The APEX of the rush lasted possibly 30-45 mins, but I felt not undesired "comedown" effects.

It was great, it may be slightly dangerous b/c of binders, but I really don't have much to live for, so it was a highlight in my own drawn-out armageddon.

2. SpeedBuggy54

SpeedBuggy54 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm sorry, I should have posted this in the sticky. SORRY! Guess I shoulda waited til after the FX to post!

:D

sorry agin!

3. CorvinusX

CorvinusX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    I have also mainlined Ritaline. Generally 20-40mg at a time, several times a day. Ritalin is barely recreational orally (no matter how much you take), still kind of lame nasally, but absolutely amazing IV. I had easy and cheap access in Mexico and after clotting his nasal passages snorting 8 10mg pills at once (with little effect) he thought he'd try it IV.

It's easy to prepare the shot, the pills are so small there are few insoluables. Dig it in, push the plunger and I say it hits exactly like (snorted) cocaine. EXACTLY.

I did this regularly for a short period of time. The problem is that the 'rush' lasts 45 seconds to three minutes, with the afterglow period of maybe 30-45 minutes. First shot in the morning is amazing. Like you're melting in a full body orgasm. I say you'll be doing 20-40 mg every 10 minutes. And you just can't replicate the effect through any other administration. IV Ritalin is - very simply - a completely different drug experience.

The comedown is smoother than coke. Sustained use will lead to greater episodes of comedown-depression and craving.

IV Rits vs insufflated Cocaine (pluses and minuses):

Ritalin (+): Cheap ; easily available; pharmaceutical quality; consistent dosing; few physical side effects (i.e. tachycardia).
    Ritalin (-): Requires access to needles; requires frequent injection to maintain high; requires privacy to shoot up (i.e. not a club drug); no-cachet (I would never brag about being an IV Rit user).

Cocaine (+): Longer lasting; easier to take to party/share; easy to re-dose; a "cool" drug to do; more ways to administer (try "Coke & coke").
    Cocaine (-): Harder to get; varying quality/more adulterants; much more expensive; harsher comedown.

Possibly good knowledge to have if the cokehead in your life finds himself in short supply.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
    1. 2/5,
      Do NOT post prices: READ THE RULES
      Jan 16, 2007
  4. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I found 40mg of snorted methylfenidate a lot better than a snorted line of coke, for SWIM the methyldenidate was much stronger and euphoric, but it also has a lot more side effects like tachycardia, harsher crash, and much more trouble falling asleep.

5. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Can You tell the exact amount of water? 20mg dissolve in 5ml spoon?? How many ml You inject?

6. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Here's an example of how experiences may vary from person to person.

I takes 20mg of ritalin (extended release) orally every day. After taking this dose daily for 3 months, SWIM STILL gets HIGH as a kite for 8-10 hours straight. I have never developed tolerance to the drug (when taken orally). Euphoria and a general feeling of well being are long lasting.

SWIM loves to sit in a recliner when "peaking" and meditate. What a great feeling! :crazy

SWIM can't comment about I.V.'ing ritalin, because I have never done it. I am sure it is much more euphoric than when taken orally or snorted. SWIM , can however, vouch that ritalin taken orally or snorted is recreational and euphoric. Your experiences may differ. :smoking:

7. kborodinski

kborodinski Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I used to iv ritalin I was on 5/20mg s.r. per day. I would take 3 take the coating off with water then put it on your spoon with 1cc water, then heat with lighter and the pill just melts in the water then put it in the rig and bang, but you cant wait to long cause it solidifies after a while.

8. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    That's scary

9. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    SWIM's gone a few rounds with IV ritalin. Some of the pills were very soluble, others would precipitate out a waxy substance when cooked. He got them all from his friend who was a freak for IV ritalin. He had a huge prescription and was always hustling to score more.

my experience was very disappointing. He'd do a pill or two at a time, whatever pill they'd normally prescribe a heavy Ritalin user (this guy had a valid prescription.) He'd do another every half hour to an hour. He would barely notice the rush at all, but if he kept doing it, and when with this guy he would, he'd stay up for 2 to 3 days.

I was into IV cocaine at the time and believes this is primarily the reason for his disappointment with IV Ritalin.

SWIM's girlfriend saw him at the end of his last 3 day run. She said that was the biggest mess she'd seen him in, which is really saying something. Not necessarily the most fucked up or without capacity to function, but more like the most fucked up physically, emotionally and spiritually combined. It takes SWIM to a grim place.

When I posted about this before everyone hassled him about the huge danger of IVing pills like this. I don't do it any more, but thought he should at least mention that it's probably dangerous.

- Beltane

10. Mortis

Mortis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    I used to iv ritalins sometimes. think my highest was 100mg with a 10ml syringe(mixed some speed to the fix too)... the reason i used 10ml syringe was that becouse of that goo and it was kinda hard to filter it if i remember right....
    Think my heartbeat did go to real high and the rush was incredible(ritalin+speed injected boost both of them.) The funny thing was that my older brother came to my house and saw me injecting with 10ml syringe and went on telling my parents who made him to force me to go to hospital with him... i think i allso had popped 10-20 2mg klonopins and had really fun talking to doctors and they let me out or something(can't remember that well)... and oh yeah, i allso got and infection to my arm due that i missed a tiny amount outside my vein....

11. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have never injected any stimulant other than cocaine... (perhaps amphetamine once?) Anyways, the only stimulant that SWIM recalls consuming I.V. was cocaine. SWIM's intent is to find safer ways for methylphenidate to be used in whatever manner people do, as while I do not condone it's misuse, she is not going to tell people not to... I have ingested methylphenidate in manners other than directed.

I have never consumed methylphenidate via I.V. largely because she was never really that interested in stimulants for recreational purposes, although she did enjoy them from time to time. Regardless whether it is I.V. or insufflation the other 99% of the molecules in the pill are what cause the most damage to the body (in most cases). Occasionally she will use methylphenidate via insufflation, to make up for the, sometimes up to one hour delay in effects when taken orally. SWIM still hates to do this because of reasons she stated on another thread regarding the dangers of insufflation of any substance, in which she specifically called out methylphenidate for being especially harmful to the body when abused due to it's binding agents. While prescribed 40mg per day, SWIM averages "overall" only around 30mg max, so does not use it excessively... Use increases with schoolwork, and decreases with it.

So, what I have decided to do is perform an analytic study of the particular brand she is given and determine a way to remove some of the harmful agents (to essentially purify it somewhat) and make it safer to use for those occasions when she doesn't have an hour to spare to wait for the effects of the oral pill to take effect. Perhaps, I could create a thread about how to more safely administer to this drug to You or SWIM if that is the case. Actually, I will just start another thread for that, called "Harm-Reduction and the Misuse of Methylphenidate"

Laudaphun added 56 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Many brands of methylphenidate are not quite so convenient for use in this manner.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  12. Dexyfiend

Dexyfiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Fuck whacking Ritalin/dexies.

I find it takes so much filtering and cooking that he swears he's burning half the bleedin drug away.

I get much higher by popping them.

If You wants to whack do it with some good base amphetamine or meth.

I am getting his dex script back (hopefully) and is currently taking strattera which is super fucked...

Dexies = super dooper w00t w00t times

13. nitrotain

nitrotain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    wow nuts I have im and sq injected hgh, igf-1 and a bunch of steroids but never stuff like this, sure would like to read about more are you using slin pins or bigger?

14. warandhate

warandhate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    swim tried IVing 20mg generic sr tabs imprint sz 780

took 2 mixed with water filter thru cotton and bang was okay but didnt feel much different

swim tried another one this morning and thinks snortin is much better very dissapointed =[

maybe the fact that swim already railed 20mg of adderall
    and took 2 ritalins crushed and mixed with water as he didnt have time to slam before his shrink appt