Experiencing Flashback Effects When Stoned

Discussion in 'Cannabis & Health' started by WhiteRhino420, Mar 28, 2007.

1. WhiteRhino420

WhiteRhino420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ill just get straight to the point and ask it, i want answers =]

swim tried shrooms
    loved em!:D
    But ever since he's done em', he's noticed when he gets high from time to time (on pot), usually based on the amount or potenecey of the herb, he gets pretty obvious and vivid hallucinations.

Mainly periferal vision but sometimes full veiw.
    Such as...staring at a very detailed wall with bumps and it starts to break and spread apart. Floor tiles seem to lose the cement lining, merge tiles, and turn into bigger tiles. (swim cant decribe it, only way is to try it yourself, go shrooming =] )
    Swim sometimes gets audio hallucinations but swim never seems to be outstanded by it, knowing it may just be some radio in another room.

I am a kandy kid and has tried ecstasy three or four times and from time to time. Light seems to trail every time high, only at night when darker...
    Could this also be a flashback from ecstasy, but swim never personally experience trails on XTC, only on this last shroom trip =/ *shrugs*

Is this all placeboed or does this happen to any of you guys?

P.s. I have always gotten a "movie/cartoon" CIVs on marijuana,
    that happen to anyone else as well?

2. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Yeh as cannabis it self is mildly psychedelic , it does seem to have trip element too specially if u have taken other psychedelics, Swia herself dispite the last the shroom trip she had, she also has brief little open eye visuals that remaindered her of shrooms when she smokes, mind eye visuals were little like motion picture plays in your head is also there.

3. ProtectedByTheGods

ProtectedByTheGods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM almost always gets "flashbacks" the day after if he smokes some good weed.
    The substances he could have used the day/night before include MDMA, LSD and even cocaine!
    Smoking weed the next day DOES make him feel like he is coming on again,
    but usually only the first 1 or 2 joints the next day can achieve that.

4. Strykar

Strykar Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I would always flash mildly for a while (2-7 days) if smoking while on a hallucinogen and smoking again after.
    Sometimes I would get a mild flashback after months.

The worst flashback was about a bad trip I had when on some of the most potent LSD I had done; this one came on when in office and sober, a year after ingestion.
    It was so bad and "physicaly real", I had to call his girlfriend in and just lay his head down on her lap for a while. Thankfully there was no one in as it was a holiday.

Whenever I have done hallucinogens without weed/hashish, the flashes and my mental state the week after ingestion has been much smoother and easier.

SWIM assumes the hash is a physchosomatic stimuli.

5. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well the drug affect called "same state memory" may have something to do with it. It suggests that if someone learns something in a certain state of mind, including drug psychoses then they are much more likely to remember things they've learned while revisiting that state. If you study for a test on dextroamphetamine, take the test on dextroamphetamine. that's the basic idea.

6. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Ya swim experience's this also WhiteRhino .....I wouldnt consider them flashbacks especially. Like Alicia said : cannabis is mildly psychedelic. Swim thinks that when he puts his mind into a mild state of psychedelia he finds it easier to put his mind closer to his previous experience's on stronger one's. I dont find it a bad thing....in fact I think its a great thing. My stoned thoughts seem to be lot more interesting these days.

7. blockhead

blockhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have had visual hallucinations while stoned after tripping. Seems to be decreasing.