1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Expired Promethazine

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by Junket, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Junket

Junket

Reputation Points:
    Hey my friend found a bottle of 7 promethazine pills, they expired a little over a year ago.

I tried to research the drug through google but I didn't find much on what it actually does to you. Is this even a recreational drug without codeine?

Thanks for your help

2. tryptamaster

tryptamaster

Reputation Points:
    it is a mild sedative but swim hs found it basically worthless. Swim thinks its good with codine becase he has heard it doubles the codiene converted to mprhine in the liver.

3. tryptamaster

tryptamaster

Reputation Points:
    swim says yes, swim has taken oxycodone that was expired for over 4 years and it worked the same.

4. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker

Reputation Points:
    should be ok if expired for 1 year...

expiration dates are good for purity issues...i.e. they breakdown to lower mg levels over time.

as to the effect, promethazine makes a good sleeping pill, and as mentioned above, is decent enough of a sedative to be classified with valium.

-DICK

5. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim took 50mg with a large codeine dose once. Not much of a difference, perhaps more physical sedation.

Expiration is rarely an issue with pharmaceuticals.

Also, promethazine is not an opioid, and does not belong on this board, but along with other "Various", along with similar antihistamines.

6. Junket

Junket

Reputation Points:
    I tried searching for it on here but couldn't really find what it was, I just figured since it was associated with codeine people here would know.

My friends pills are 25mg. Just by themselves what would be a decent amount?

7. fiveleggedrat

Reputation Points:
    50-100mg, depending on what effects you want.

If you use the search engine, you will find some info on promethazine.

Swim personally used said info for his experimentation with promethazine.

8. tryptamaster

tryptamaster

Reputation Points:
    Is it true that promethazine doubles the amount of codiene turned into morphine in the liver?

9. fiveleggedrat

Reputation Points:
    Swim would say personally, no.

Perhaps in others though.