Extract salvia divinorum Quid?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by hydromistro, Dec 23, 2003.

1. hydromistro

hydromistro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am relatively new to the world of Salvia... so my question is built on a foundation of ignorance ;) Has anyone ever used an extract like a quid, under the tongue? If not, would it be possible or is there reasons that it is a waste or too unpalatable. Thanks in advance for your time, from Ohio.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Yes it is possible, but it's bitter. There also areliquid extracts, but mostare alcohol extracts and will burn your tongue. You need to keep the bitter tasting, burning from the high alcohol contents, in your mouth as long as possible. Swallowing is no good as this takes the salvia to the destructive capabilities of MAO enzymes. The duration of the high is longer than when smoked and the intensity is milder and more controllable.

I would be interested to see what happened if anyone would combine a MAO inhibitor like harmala with Salvia Divinorum and take this orally.

Alfa

3. hydromistro

hydromistro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thank you very much Alfa. Another quick questionborn fromthe greatreply ... is dosing the same as when smoked? For instance, with 10x, should one use the same amount in a quid as they would when smoking?

4. 1933

1933 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not related but I just read that you can mix the extract Salvia with a wad of chewing gum and chew that for 30 minutes or so. Hydromistro, did you try chewing the 10x extract yet. I read somewhere that the dosage would be more in a quid if you want the same results.

5. hydromistro

hydromistro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    1933, that is a very good idea... with the chewing gum. Just to update, I tried chewing a 20x extract, dosing at about 2x of what I normally smoke, and results were not as expected. I felt slightly disoriented, very weakened version of smoking. It did last for about 45min's, so meditating in this state would be very interesting, though I did not. I'd also tried regular dried leaf, rehydrated, and it has the same calming effect, with a simular effect as the extract. All in all, I plan on exploring a bit further, as I like the longevity of this method.

6. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'll have to try that!

7. 1933

1933 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That's great hydromistro, thanks for updating. I also plan to try this method too withSalvia Divinorum 10x that should arrive in a few weeks. After experimenting with this method I'll smoke it. This method seems to be fairly unexplored so I want to explore it. I'll post my results in this thread. If any more results occur for you with that you think are worthy of posting, please do so. Thanks again. I'm going to head to the garage and dance with the devil for now. And brokenarrow, I hope you have good results with this method too.Good luck.

8. scripted4chaos

scripted4chaos Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So what was the outcome? Gum and extract...did it work?

9. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Bump, I want to hear about someone successfully using a quid.