1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Extracting THC

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by cj1223, Jul 20, 2006.

1. cj1223

cj1223 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jul 12, 2006
    42 y/o
    I had 3 bowls that were cacked with resin soak in 99% alcohol for 2 days shaking it every so often. now I am letting it evaporate in front of a heater, I think this should be some pontent resin, but is the first time ever doing this, i was woundering if anyone more experinced had any imput on the final product.

My doing this becuase he has no marijuana :(
    My only serviving off of 2 50mg tremanols :D(<
  2. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jul 7, 2004
    from Canada
    It can be very profitable! My bong gave him many many hot knives of oil... It will turn 2 sticky and thick oil! Ashes would allow it 2 not stick to your hands ;) just dab your fingers into some fresh ash!

Im not sure How caked it was but im sure seeing as you did it it should yeild a new few smokes... Was it glasse bowls?

Oh yeah wait longer 2 evaporate and the purer it will be!
  3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 1, 2005
    Or a monkey could re-dissolve as much as would re-dissolve in a more selective solvent like naptha (liquid lighter fluid or hardware store) and evaporate that (far away from any sparks of flames). Such would give the monkey a much more refined and potent extract without a lot of the harshness and blech! flavor.
  4. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    May 24, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    Yup. I dunno if your process will really matter if your container is capped tight. What do you want to do, concentrate it to smoke it, or just drink it?