Extraction - Extraction methods side by side

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by PsychicTraveler, Nov 13, 2006.

1. PsychicTraveler

PsychicTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ...comparison.

300 seed (Heavenly Blue) extractions.

Attempt One:
    Cold Water Extraction

Method: Finely ground seed solution was agitated for 5-10 minutes in a small glass, then filtered through a manual drip coffee cone filter (taking another 10 minutes).

Results: Weak. Disappointing.

Attempt Two:
    Two-step alcohol extraction

Method: Finely ground seed was soaked in xylol (didn't have Naphtha handy) for 5 minutes and agitated (swooshed around in a glass jar), then filtered through a coffee filter. The grounds were then dried COMPLETELY on a paper plate, then soaked in everclear overnight, and filtered again through a coffee filter. The alcohol was then put into a glass dish and left to evaporate for a week. Water was then added to rehydrate the sticky layer of residue left on the glass.

Results: Wow. Still a light dose, but actual, positive results!

So, there you have it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
    1. 3/5,
      You seem to know what your talking about, and your experience only helps you. Great job.
      Dec 2, 2006
  2. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Could you please explain Method #2 in more detail?

What kind of alcohol was used, how long after the water was added was the mixture consumed.

3. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    The alcohol used for the LSA extraction from the completely dried grounds was Everclear. Everclear is grain alcohol (ethanol) at its highest concentration.

(After the non-polar wash and drying completely) the seed powder was soaked for at least 18 hours in the Everclear, then filtered. The powder was then soaked in another spot of Everclear for another quick 10 minute extraction and that again was filtered and that alcohol was added to the first.

The alcohol could now be consumed at this point. But, if the alcohol were left to evaporate, You could afterwards add just enough water to make collection of the residue possible. The bottom of the dish can then be scraped with a fork or toothpick (in the water) until the glass is smooth.

The theory is to allow 3-4 hours to rehydrate the LSA so it can reballance itself in its three forms. I got good results after waiting only an hour, though.

I say he will never waste his time and money on another disappointing water extraction!

4. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    SWIM considers this extraction but in SWIM's world, his providence does not allow the sale of Everclear. Could Wine be substituted? or how about Jack Daniels?

5. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Wine isn't strong enough to do a good extraction.

Bacardi 151 Rum will work.
    80 proof vodka will too, if that is all that is available.
    Jack Daniels should work, but might leave more flavor than vodka.

6. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    SWIM wonders much about all of these other Cold Water Extraction experiences if the CW extraction theories are professed to work by people who have illegedly performed them

7. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I don't know about you, but he knows morning glories.

I recommend You try both methods for himself if he doesn't believe it.
    One method works well, the other method sucks.

8. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I will be performing the Extraction #2 tommorow with 500 seeds, Jack daniels and Zippo Lighter fluid.

I would like to know how much alcohol and xylol You used.

Also, what effects exactly were produced from this method?

9. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I used enough solvent to cover the seeds by a bit. It's cheap.
    It will probably take AT LEAST a whole day for the Naphtha to dry out of the seed mash.
    You should sniff it real good and make sure they don't get a nose-full of fumes!
    It is best to wait another day if in doubt.

I tried to keep the amount of alcohol low, but a double extraction brought the volume up to maybe 30-40 ml(?)

Remember, you don't need to evaporate all of the alcohol. You can just drink it at that point. SWIM just didn't care to get a drunk buzz going too.

Effects from 300 are like a light (1/4 blotter hit?) dose of LSD. There's a strange disorientation (weird high). It's more sedating than LSD or mushrooms, but a lot thinner feeling than the whole body-hug of mescaline. Light CEV's at bed time (T+ 5 hours).

500 sounds like the ticket. Though, the total evaporation of the alcohol may have degraded some of the LSA. If one were to drink the alcohol while the extraction is fresh, it might be even more potent.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  10. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I am very gracious for the awesome information.

I will do the extraction tonight, wait until the naptha is disolved tommorow, then experiment with the seeds the following day.

Results will be posted Tuesday :).

11. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I had adream 2 nights ago. She started to grind 1500 seeds and soaked them in Zippo lighter fluid for 24 hours, then soaked the mash in Jack daniels alcohol for another 24 hours. The alcohol was then filtered through a coffee filter into a different glass. Half of the liquid was then consumed and SWIM waited for 4 hours... SWIM experienced MILD body buzz and no visuals, I did feel slightly euphoric in her dream at some points but there was no consistency.

SWIM's dream really sucked...

THEN last night she had another dream about the same thing sort of.. she was stuck in a hole and wondered if she should drink the rest of the liquid or let it sit in a glass for a week, then re-hydrate with distilled water.

What would You do in your dream here?

12. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Of course, this is all according to what I've read, but 750 sounds like enough.

Maybe the lighter fluid is the new formula (not Naphtha). I don't know what that would do, but it might ruin it.

Maybe 24 hours is too long to wash it in the non-polar (Naphtha). It's supposed to destroy the LSA after a while.

Hypothetically, a qualified scientist (*which I am not - duh) might recommend a licensed researcher in such a position to work with the method before increasing the amount of material. If it accidentally goes RIGHT, someone might be in for a very unpleasent time.

13. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Or the seeds might suck.
    They could be old, or just plain weak.

14. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    how long should one genreally wash the seed grounds in naphtha?

and how long is a good alcohol soak?

15. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    As stated above, a Naptha wash should be done for about 5 minutes, then filtered through and left alone until the seed mush is COMPLETELY dry... You wouldnt want to get poisoned by drinking some naptha ;).

SWIM's little monkey would suggest anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours for an alcohol soak. SWIM"s monkey's cousin will be attempting it's second Alcohol extraction tommorow. I will post results once hearing back from the monkies.

16. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    This might be a stupid question for SWIM to ask but is this for mourning glory or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose or will it work for both?

Because the values that You is using looks like morning glorys.

17. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Sorry, we're discussing Heavenly Blue Morning Glory's.
    I believe the method should work for both.
    - The only difference being in dosage.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  18. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    A slight variation could be to let 98% of the alcohol extraction evaporate out, so just a tiny-little bit of liquid is sliding around the dish, then add the water.

Using this method to extract 450 seeds, I say he was considerably influenced. Pretty quality buzz, but still clear-headed. No wall-melting visuals or anything though.

19. TitusCrow

TitusCrow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would purchase a 400 seeds from a couple different vendors, perform an alcohol extraction on each and decide which trip was the most intense.
    From there You could figure out who has the most potent seeds and then experiment with a higher amount of the selected seeds.

Thus, giving You more odds of reaching a better trip.

20. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I say that 650 seeds was really, really great! The feel was like 1/2 blotter hit of really clean LSD, that's no joke. Just more sedating and less visual, but almost no unpleasant body load. There was some initial uneasy queesy feeling, but that could have been in SWIM's head, and it went away in about an hour. I know that if you take too much, it will lay you out, so the trick is to take enough, but not too much. More would have still been okay. Maybe 750 would be more visual and still not debilitating.