Extreme Sports! hobbies!

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by Fuzz, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Fuzz

Fuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Does anyone from this forum do any extreme sports...? or other hobbie/ recrational activities? while on drugs, or off? anything from soccer to wakeboarding... i am just curious..

i skateboard, longboard, play some mean ping pong.

2. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Ping Pong is some X-treme shit alright. I do martial arts and caving. I like scuba diving, snorkelling and freediving (i.e. going deep without tanks), but the water in Ireland is too damn cold to make it a viable option. I'm very interested in parkour (who isn't?) and I want to get some of that going hereabouts.

As for doing it on drugs, I've done conditioning exercises, gymnastic-type workoutsand martial arts practise on psychedelics several times.

One of my ambitions is to invent a new extreme sport. [​IMG]Some ideas are: urban falconry, kite-unicycling, urban freeflow hanggliding.

3. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    contact-improvisation, aïkido, traction-kites, snow-deck riding, snorkelling, swimming, boomerang throwing.

lastsummer along the Belgian andDutch coast reallymade me want to try kite-surfing. rig seems expensive though.

skated since 1987 but since i'm getting older and breaking an arm would mean no music ie no job,i've let that lie, though I might do vert again if there was a ramp nearby.

used to waterski (slalom competitions, then the first wakeboards) when i wasyounger but it's too expensive and the weather here isn't that great, used to bodyboard but there are no waves here. bodysurfing is fun too !

Use to ski and then monoski, but since i'm fundamentally a skater when I got on my first snowboard it's been snowboarding ever since. ah snowboarding... but it's too expensive for my current life, living far from the mountains.

I don't mix drug use and physical activities though, apart from dancing, never felt the desire to. I have used physical activities to wear off sustance stimulation ( the Sunday morning cough cough 11am jogging through the park, blaaaah)

I find the parkour videos I saw not that attractive, but a lot of that comes from the fact that I don't like running. A friend of mine mentioned this idea of mixing that with Contact Improv., why not...

my main hobby is languages I guess, especially since i got into non indo-european languages, takes a lot of time

I've never liked team sports, even though I was on my primary school's aussie rules and cricket team, it was more of a social thing.Activities I would like to get into are more aikido, ki training, maybe some taichi, try scuba diving (expensive ! wanted to since i was a kid), do some intensive pipe riding on a snowboard, try surfing.

Edited by: benga

4. mrpickles88

mrpickles88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Paintball is the only real x-treme sport that I play.

I play paintball alot, probably four to five times a month.

5. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm pretty into martial arts. And some X-treme guitar playing, wah wah weeeeoooaaaarrrrghhhhh *awsome solo*.

Other than martial arts, sports have never been something of interest for me. I don't think that theres much to learn from sports. Sure it's fun if you like it, but not for me.

I've tried going to the gym while smoking a joint. Punching and practicing some techniques, but not sparring. I couldn't do it as intensely, but it was important to try it while high. Have to try it in the ring with a friend too, but i doubt it'll help my skills.

6. Fuzz

Fuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Scuba diving is the best high. Like just having the inhaler in your mouth and breathing in compressed air. gets me highi swear, and feeling like you can fly underwater, the depth crushing your ears and that empty sound that sorrounds you. scuba diving is must for any stoner. i dont know if would ever try it stoned thought. Snorkeling stoned can be tons of fun thought.

7. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Snowboarding... this is turing out to be a good year (last 2 years sucked

big time), friends and I are looking forward to it... and knowing us we'll

probably be stoned off our asses... [​IMG]

Boats can be fun too - tubing, skiing, wakeboarding, just cruising

around the lake, or whatever. Fishing is really interesting as well.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I like backyard wrestling. Sure it's dangerous as hell and somewhat retarded but there's nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of jumping off a twelve foot roof and crashing someone through a table on the way down. Amazingly, I haven't been injured (seriously) yet. [​IMG] Edited by: nature_boy_liam

9. bibobi

bibobi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    snowboarding its a rush

10. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I traveled to Wisconsin last winter to visit family and as i have been playing lacrosse for years i htought id try the new candian adaption to lacrosse, its lacrosse on ice. Its full contact and very fast paced, liek any lacrosse game , but the ice really adds a new dimension to it. Loads of fun!

11. Fuzz

Fuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    the oth er day i saw a show on kitesurfing. now thatseemed like an awsome thing to try.