Facial / Ear Twitches, what can SWIM do for this?

Discussion in 'Pharmacology' started by onedge1, Apr 15, 2007.

1. onedge1

onedge1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I have unfortunately had a few physical altercations over the last 6 years in which he has been outnumbered and assaulted with hits to the head, to the point of where he has been knocked out. He has also participated in contact sports in the past which have had similar consequences. In addition to this, SWIM began using marijuana about 4 years ago (and stopped almost completely 2 years ago, since having only smoked a few rare times). Towards the end of SWIM's 2 year marijuana binge he tripped on shrooms as well as morning glory as well as some other hallucinogencis.

After a morning glory trip, I was acting and feeling very strangely, for some reason at the time he found himself looking in the mirror for hours and ended up making all sorts of strange facial movements (in some drugged stupor thinking he was bettering his appearance, or something) he ended up being able to move his ears in a kind of twitch upward motion, so that he could move it on his own (basically having command over ear movement, something which he had never known to be able to do before this).

As SWIM came off the drugs and stopped using marijuana and any hallucinogenics, he began to be self conscious about his facial movements and felt (sometimes correctly) that his ear would twitch involuntarily or that his face would make other unintended (weird) faces while talking, laughing, etc. One thing also is that sometimes I feel that he makes a sort of half smiling face at times that he does not intend to and which seem odd to other people, as well as not being able to appear relaxed, happy at other times when he wants to.

As far as SWIM can remember, he never had any sort of thoughts or realizations of this sort of thing until after "sobering up" after his experiences with marijuana / hallucinogenics.

I thought that the problems might take care of themselves but he has found that it has stayed the same or gotten worse up to this point. SWIM wonders if there are drugs (muscel relaxants, maybe?) that could help SWIM feel that he has better control over his face and ear and make sure that there are never any involuntary twitches and to feel that he has better control over his facial movements.

2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    sounds like abit of generalised anxiety - are these 'tics' or mimic spazms, as they are known evident to others or only to yourself?

if its out of control, prior to selfmedicating, one would be wise to consult a neurologist to minimize the possibility of underlying organic damage.

3. onedge1

onedge1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Thanks for the input, I think I will be going to see an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor soon to discuss the problems, SWIM realizes that there are a lot of problems that can arise from self medicating.