failed ayahuasca experiment

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by fnord, Apr 10, 2007.

1. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    ok I didint have a scale so he took 2 teaspons of syrian rue of which he managed to crush 15% boiled/filterd this down to a goo ate teh goo waited about 40-60 mins then drank the tea from a fistfull of MHRB.this is his trip report

5:00 drank an unknown amount of Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark tea,40ish mins prior an unknown amnoutn of syrian rue seeds were consumend,slight effects from the rue
    5.08 yuk,kinda feel wierd from the seeds
    5.18 nasuea hlding back the vomit.
    5.24 pooping!!!confused,feel diffrent.
    5.28 just finished vomiting.
    :(

what went wrong?did i puke too soon?too little/not crushed enuff syrian rue?its now almost 12 and all i got is a horrible headache! maoi's+bacon cheese burger+LOTS of pickles dont mix...

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: failed ayah. experiment

Good lord, man, please consider following an MAOI proper diet next time, eh? We don't need You ending up in the emergency room. Syrian rue also seems a lot less forgiving than B. caapi. As for no trip - couldn't say, many people report harmine/harmaline to be pretty trippy by themselves without even adding DMT. Perhaps there was simply not enough of one or the other, or both, of the plant materials to provide sufficient dosage?

3. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: failed ayah. experiment

swim fasted for 2 days,then swims tripping buddy and called and said "no no i think ill pass up the holy grail for today"so I thought he wouldn't dose,so yes he made a horrible mistake with the pickles/cheese.but ignoring swims carelessness of diet,and the unscientific measuring,do the amounts sound right?2 teaspoons of semi crushed then boiled seed+lemon juice and medium handful of MHRB?also not counting the fact the different plants contain different amounts of alkaloids

4. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    2 teaspoons should be enough, but crushing the seeds would make it easier for the alkaloids to be extracted, same thing with MHRB. 6-8g of the latter would, in theory, be a good starting dose, not too mild and not too strong.

Also, in My opinion it is not good to hold back vomit when you feel nausea from psychedelics, and especially with Ayahuasca and analogues, since the vomiting has a cleansing effect. Same goes for emptying your stomach the other way, I have had a couple of uncomfortable trips due to not visiting the toilet when his body told him too.

Of course, if one suspects the potion has not been in your system for a long enough time to absorb enough alkaloids one could hold it back for a while, and then let it go when one is sure one has enough(three enough's in one sentence?you'll have to excuse me)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008