1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Other - False positive for methadone estimated detection time.

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Paranoidfreak101, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from New York, U.S.A.
    My friend was wondering about the false positives for methadone when using kratom tea. He used kratom 5 days before his drug test which DOES test for methadone. He was wondering if the false positives only seem to come up right after initial use in heavy users. can the false positive come up 5 days after his doseage (single use, not daily user at all. about 20 capsules). any information would be greatly appreciated.

any estimates or opinions on his situation would be very helpful to ease his anxiety. do you think he will pass, do you think he will fail? (also he has NOT taken kratom in over a year)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  2. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: False positive for methadone estimated detection time. Please ease SWIM's paranoi

Don't even worry. It was a few isolated incidents where kratom extract that was sold at a headshop contained an analogue of tramadol and it came up as opiates on a test. If you're using regular kratom leaf, you have nothing to worry about. If you get a positive then i believe they will send it to a lab and then everything will be cleared up. But chances are you'll be a-ok :) I was.

FenixDelta753 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Over a year is enough time to clear up just about anything! I believe I used kratom the day of the test and was completely fine. Remember, it's not an opiate in any way shape or form. It just happens to affect the same receptors.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: False positive for methadone estimated detection time. Please ease SWIM's paranoi

i guess what i meant to say is it had been a year prior to the 5 days(just to clarify im not a regular user). SWIM also had capsules from a head shop. it does seem people get false positives for methadone but ive ONLY seen it in heavy users and whatnot. and usually an hour before. 5 days should be enough though right?

4. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I dont think I've ever seen it in anyone who used natural leaf maybe UEI but not the super mega, insert adjective here kratom. Krypton kratom was the bad stuff.

Were they plain leaf capsules or extract? How strong were the effects?

5. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM being a former opiate addict, 6 months clean, the effects were very weak but noticeable. it was not an extract in the capsules. no noticeable after effects the next day. ive seen a couple people online getting these methadone false positives from multiple vendors. also what kind of test did you take? was methadone on it?

6. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It was for my current job in a hospital where I work with all sorts of medical equipment and patients and they sent my pee out to another place because it was in a tiny vial, put in a bag and sent away. Not your standard drug store cup so you can bet it was a pretty in-depth test.

I did just read a post where someone had a false positive, but thats all it is. Once you test positive most places send it somewhere else to be confirmed to be a real positive or cleared as a false positive. The list for false positives is endless so that is almost necessary to do otherwise no one would have a job.

Since you've taken 5 days off and only used plain leaf, Im confident that you'll be just fine. Drink lots of water just to be safe and flush everything out. And don't buy from headshops ;) theres much higher quality and cheaper product out there for you to get online.

7. Dankfish

Dankfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I only do plain leaf from a reputable vendor and was tested falsely positive for Methadone.

There was nothing even close to being in my system except kratom. Not too positive that it was only from certain commercial packs that this issue arose.

Also, my test was just a standard one (I believe) at a hospital during emergency to see what I was on. Seemed quite standard.

8. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Were you doing kratom the same day? howmany days before did you take it?

Paranoidfreak101 added 4 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Im really trying to find a window for people to use this legal plant (at least in my state) and not have to worry about false positives for legal issues or jobs ect. I think that sort of information would be very helpul and the only way to do that is to pool together what we know already.

9. Dankfish

Dankfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Kratom usually around 3 times a day in 5g increments, done the day before the test. Had been following my routine daily for over a year.

10. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Interesting... It must be the way your body proceses it. Could be a fault in the test strip itself too. Id be curious to see if it would have happened repeatedly to ensure it wasnt some sort of fluke. I only dose once a day at like 8-9g which is close to your dose so you'd think that the same would have happened to me if it was a kratom thing. Still, the chances of this happening to you seem to still be very low. And even if it does you have nothing to worry about. Its legal and any positive would be a false one and youd be good to go. Employers know not to take the drug store pee tests as fool proof anyway.

11. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Hmm so it seems that a one time use, testing 5 days later most likely wouldnt trip the test. I never heard of anybody failing the test after a period of time exceeding one day to prior last use (also havent really heard of false positives for anyone who isn't a regular user). an interesting post i saw showed results of mutiple tests after dosing: tested one hour after dosing, false positive. 9 hours later negative (line slightly faint) .a test the next day 2 hours later, very faint line, nonetheless negative. and yes this person was a regular user who experienced withdrawals.

Paranoidfreak101 added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

2 hours after dosing*

12. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Good point. Just dont use that day, drink plenty of water to ensure you urinate a few times before the test. Perhaps eat something to dilute anything further. I give you a 5% chance that you FALSELY trip anything.

When is the test you need to take? or is this just a hypothetical situation for future reference?

13. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:

the test is 5 days after the last use (single use).

14. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

No I mean do you have a test coming up as part of being hired for a job. I re-read your first post so I apoligize for the confusion. Do you know they results yet?

15. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:

No its comming up and its for his legal issues

Paranoidfreak101 added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

deffinatly a dipstick test

16. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

They definitely would send it off to a lab if you do trip a false positive. I believe all you'd have to do is say that you believe its a false positive and you'd like it confirmed. And if its for legal issues, any judge would be smart enough to know how the dibstick tests can be "fooled" by things like fake urine or one of the hundreds of drugs that can create a false reading. Google "list of drugs that create false positive"... Its massive to say the least. Not to mention, as we've seen before that individual body chemistry can completely alter things as well when it comes to the cheaper tests.

Have our responses aided in your paranoia at all?

17. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:

haha yeah, ill explain the situation more the day of. hopefully people can rely this type of testing info because i really think this could prevent alot of people from getting into trouble. maybe some kind of giant thread with an outcome that says estimated time is (insert number) for false positive.

18. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I agree, along with any substances besides kratom that the user has used in the recent history. That will help us come to the conclusion of whether its an individual body chemistry thing or perhaps kratom along with other substances along with how much is taken causes these false positives. That would really help a lot of people like you and I who need to get tested for a job or something else.

19. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    PO diddent test :-

20. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Whew! All the worry for nothing ;) Just kidding, its good to know about this stuff and prepare so no minunderstandings happen.
    Will you be tested some other time though?