1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Fast or slow? Long or short?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Roll_Light_Smoke, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Roll_Light_Smoke

Roll_Light_Smoke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 25, 2006
    Well well well!

I was telling me this interesting story last night as we ate cookies and milk whilst watching 'Love Story'. He explained thus:

"I was having a zoot outside in my garden as my parents were away for the weekend," he began as I munched on my soggy cookie, "I was holding in each toke for at least 7 seconds."

I had told me of this 'fact' that he had read on these forums about holding in at least 7 seconds per toke.

"As I blew out," he took a bite of his dry cookie, the chocolate melting onto his fingertips, "I wondered whever I should blow out slow or fast."

I shrugged. I had no idea if the speed at which you exhale the drug's smoke made any different or not. So I come here and you as guys, with a cookie in my hand and milk at the read - Does it make a difference at how fast you should exhale the smoke?

p.s: again, how do i post polls?!
  2. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Jun 29, 2004
    Its debatable that holding a hit longer gets you more high. Ive also heard that after 7-10 seconds all the THC is already absorbed. But none of us have a lab to test in.

Exhaling slow means that the smoke is techniclly in your lungs longer, if only for a few seconds. So it probably doesn't make a difference. But being stoned and slowly exhaling is relaxing. Exhale slowly a long jet of smoke while looking up and relax. It's nicer than just blowing it out and beeing greedy for the next toke.
  3. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 16, 2005
    I can't imagine a reason why it would make a difference. The important part is how long the smoke is in your lungs, so I guess technically a slow exhalation would be very slightly more efficient. I think to post polls you have to be a gold member (or silver maybe, but I don't think I can do it).

Edit: I can do it, I guess you just have to be a silver member. When you make a new thread and scroll down it's under the options there.