Fastest, Easiest and Best Kratom Recipe

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by mobzor, May 7, 2008.

1. mobzor

mobzor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from North Carolina, U.S.A.
    SWIM's dog was laying around and discovered an awesome Kratom extraction method that is super easy.

1: Get your powered kratom and put it in a small glass cup (choose your dosage maybe about 7g)
    2: Pour vodka, rum or whatever har liquer You has laying around into the cup and cover the leaves with the alcohol (let's say about 4 shots for 7g of crushed leaves).
    3: Microwave on high untill it comes to a boil (microwave times vary), then shut off the microwave. Wait for it to cool for about 10 seconds, then repeat. Don't overdo the cooking, just get about half of the alcohol to evaporate.
    4: Filter the mix with a clean sock (works best, because you can twist the top of the sock and SQUEEZE the hell out of the mix to get every last drop out) , coffee filter or You could consume it with the leaves (best but it's not that wonderful going down my dog said).

The reason this TEK works well is because Kratom alkaloids do not dissolve in water, so mixing kratom with water and drinking won't give You NEARLY the same buzz. The alcohol also amplifies the buzz.

Enjoy!

2. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Where did you hear such a spurious assertion? Water is quite effective at pulling out most -if not all of the alkaloids.

Aside from the quid method, the tea method is quite a common method practiced by natives traditionally. -So to say water doesn't water doesn't extracts the alkaloids is quite absurd.

My friend Joey has been making ketum tea for quite awhile now and has tried everything from using water diluted with: vinegar, to something acidic like lemon, to high proof alcohol and has noticed no significant increase in terms of overall potency. Plain water has done just as good of a job.

Joey does like to add a minute amount of alcohol to his brew specifically to lessen the bitterness.

In conclusion, I wouldn't necessarily say the method you pose is the 'BEST' - methods will vary upon personal preference. -But hey if your fond of this method, more power to you.

My friend on the other hand prefers whole/crushed leaf brew into tea.

On the rare occasion when he obtains finely powder material he tends to simply T & W the material.

.peace.

3. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Interesting idea.

The crazy natives out here find that alcohol and kratom do not always combine happily together in the stomach when taken closely together, so they probably wouldn't be too hot on consuming a couple shots of liquor with their kratom. It might be better to use a double boiler arrangement with a saucepan or something to reduce the liquor, rather than microwaving, to avoid high temperatures.

Say what? Got a reference for this claim?

4. mobzor

mobzor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I hate to be a jerk, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Your friend who makes Kratom tea with water wastes tons of the alkaloids. The natives never made tea, they chewed the leaves.

"Best" method has nothing to do with personal preference. In face I challenge somone to compare my method, even will ALL of the alcohol boiled off to the regular "water" extractions.

The strongest active alkoloids in kratom will NOT dissolve in water. Just like Dextromethorphan HBr will not dissolve in water.

Sure if you make kratom tea with water only, you will get a buzz, but it's not getting all of the alkoloids, and when you throw away the leaves, you are wasting the kratom.

KK thanks.

1. 3/5,
      If you hate to be a jerk then don't be one. Very immature and borderline flaming response
      Jul 29, 2013
  5. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Could you kindly provide a reference for this claim?

6. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    when asked to give source one's argument it is then usually polite to give one, not to launch into a contentious tirade reiterating previously said points which have already been called into question.

7. mobzor

mobzor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Mitragynine is the most abundant alkaloid in the plant, and for this reason was long assumed to be the major chemical responsible for the effects of kratom. It was first isolated in 1907 by David Hooper, a process repeated in 1921 by E. J. Field, who gave the alkaloid its name. Its structure was first fully determined in 1964 by D. Zacharias, R. Rosenstein and E. Jeffrey. It was not until 1995 that H. Takayama et al. at Chiba University were able to synthetically produce mitragynine. It is structurally related to both the yohimbe alkaloids and voacangine. It is more distantly related to tryptamine-based psychedelic drugs such as psilocybin, ibogaine or LSD. Chemically, mitragynine is 9-methoxy-corynantheidine. It has the molecular formula C23H30N2O4 and a molecular weight of 398.49. Physically the freebase is a white, amorphous powder with a melting point of 102-106°C and a boiling point (bp5) of 230-240°C. It is soluble in alcohol, chloroform and acetic acid. The hydrochloride salt has a melting point of 243°C. It appears that it may be a fairly stable compound, as a mitragynine ethane disulphonate reference sample tested after fourteen years by TLC produced results not substantially different from fresh mitragynine picrate.
    Code:
    http://www.wholesaleshamanicherbs.com/kratom-alkaloids.htm

8. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.

On a sidenote I found it very interesting that the commercial site stole all that information directly from wikipedia...

9. mobzor

mobzor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I guess I have always understood this as a fact. When I tried kratom for the first time, he thought it was ok until SWIM read a book, then realized he was doing it all wrong.

Like I said, it's like some guy telling you mixing water with robotussin cough syrup and straining off the water and drinking it helps "remove the alkoloids". It's nonsense. Certain alkooloids such as most of the ones found in kratom are not waterborne.

1. 3/5,
      great post
      May 9, 2008
  10. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    He/she did not ignore me, we were posting simultaneously.

mobzor, links to sources of any product whatsoever are explicitly forbidden here, so if you can edit your post you should do so. I do thank you for providing a reference, though it has not quite convinced me yet that water extractions are not useful. The natives have tried both making tea from and simply eating powdered kratom, and have not noticed a substantial difference in potency. One does, however, see claims of the opposite.

In my point of view the jury is still out on this one, until I see some hard numbers regarding solubility. I note that the article you referenced does not explicitly state that mitragynine is insoluble in water.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  11. mobzor

mobzor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM never said they are not useful, they just are nothing close to the potency of an alcohol extraction. Try it yourself.

12. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    No need for such a strident response especially when your not considering all the points and are quick to denounce all my statements.

It is quite nonsensical referring to mitragyna speciosa and dextromethorphan in the same sentence, frankly I don’t see the correlation.

As I previously stated, my friend has tried many methods when brewing tea, and water has proved to be more than efficient.

Also, as radiometer pointed, not all care to combine their kratom with alcohol. -Especially those who have starting using kratom for the sole purpose of kicking their drinking habit.

As I previously stated, the method one chooses to consume their kratom is all a matter of personal preference.

.peace.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  13. TabuIsMe

TabuIsMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I agree with the post above SWIM.
    Its all down to personal preference, whats the best for You might not even be an option to somebody else. He's provided information to back up his claim thats its efficient, which is useful and good to know and if somebody wants to use it they now can because someone has provided a good recipe for it. If You still thinks your method is better, than just use you's own method. Its all opinion and not fact.

TabuIsMe added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Quick addition to post above:
    Its all opinion and not fact when it comes to you's personal reaction since everybody wont react the same.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  14. sirdrugalot

sirdrugalot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    has swim considered it seems stronger when made with alcohol because there are two shots of rum, vodka, whiskey or so froth in the tea?
    like when swim skulls a few beers with some codeine.

15. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah, i'm sorry, but I know that it seems like I'm going against progress, but I've just GOT to agree with radio on this one. If there's anything I know--it's that god-awful tasting shit which whose purchases suddenly came to a screeching halt when swim realized that he was being delivered as powder product that seemed very likely to be frickin CUT (with damn, sawdust i guess... or some other kinda dried up leaves or tea leaves that are placed into their "industrial grinders."

to settle this debate, Radiometer, you know you're correct because You is well-versed in this subject,

What I'm going to say, is probably going to make you slap yourself in the forehead, Radiometer, catch this...HOT water has very different solubility than when the water is cold or room temperature... HEATED water will dissolve MUCH MORE of a comparatively UNwater-soluble compound. think of hot soup as an example...now as the soup cools, grease bubbles might appear on the surface of the liquid, but when you're adding heat to the water (as in the tea-method for kratom), this method increases the energy level of individual molecules of water, and as their respective energy level rises, there is increased bouncing around of H2O molecules....and for whatever reason, your shit dissolves in this...this warm...and really good stuff called tea....or in swim's case, tea with a generous helping of regular sawdust...mmhmmm good...

Think about how shitty the tea would be if you just soaked the leaves in cold or room-temp water...and then tried to drink only the water for the same effect! lol...
    -DICK

16. demolitionman

demolitionman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am soorry but this is a little off topic but a full spectrum extract would still have all the same ratio's of all the active alkoloids right? Just a lot less naterial to have to work with. kinda like turning 28grs magically into 1g with no change in product. Is this wromg?

1. 3/5,
      Read the FAQ - sections 8 and 9. -1 Resurrecting a 2 year old thread to ask a question that is off topic and can be found elsewhere.
      Oct 29, 2010
  17. stinkfish

stinkfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If SWIM gently simmers 10g kratom and 1/4 tsp of citric acid in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes, he will be left with about 1/2 cup. He adds 1 tsp of honey while it's still warm, pours over 2 cubes of ice, then mixes with 1/2 cup of OJ. The finished product is quite palatable. The citric acid combined with a longer simmer time helps to release the alkaloids. It took him some time to find a method that works for him since he has a weak stomach. SWIM simply adapted this recipe from a poppy seed tea recipe.

1. 4/5,
      Good bump. News of the superiority of alcohol extraction is eductational
      Apr 15, 2015
    2. Apr 15, 2015
  18. Calyspical

Calyspical Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I tried the method and saw a subtle improvement in results.
    As for the debate about his statement of "alkaloids do not dissolve in water", as he clarified later, it's not that they don't dissolve at all in water, but that they dissolve more thoroughly in alcohol.
    Obviously they dissolve to some degree in water, but without the research and experience to reveal it to you, you would never know if you're getting the full effect, if you didn't hear about the science of it, and then try it.
    And he seems to have the research to back it up, not to mention the experience.
    It makes sense about the alkaloids not absorbing completely in water, considering that the powder all just floats and clumps to the top, when water is added

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  19. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    I recommend using a hot water bath for alcohol extractions.
    I have had the best success by simply putting vodka and kratom into a sealed jar and putting that jar into hot water. 15 minutes is more than enough to extract the goodies.
    I keep the amount of alcohol as low as possible, so it does not mask the kratom effects too much.
    Kratom and alcohol synergise really well in the right amounts.

Here is a link to the main extraction processes i use, the second post is the alcohol extraction.
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/158056

20. MARIJUAPERC KRATOM

MARIJUAPERC KRATOM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    I am not sure if I have ever posted before and I am new at this. I am not new to kratom really on the other hand. I wanted to share that I have just had my best time with kratom in 6 monthes. In ten gram doses 2 to 4 times a day it got to the point it did nothing for me anymore. I have read and read about potentiaters and stagnant strain syndrome to anything related to kratom in attempt to make any strain give me euphoria again. I even tried to lower my tolerance with days off and dxm. Im not sure how I even take kratom because its not in a cup , toss n wash, extracted ect. I have always used 4oz bottles from the hoppy store and powdered leaves of many strains and blends. I just pour in the leaf with a funnel and add water shake it big drink more water big drink shake it.I am not a fan of making a tea removing leaves and risk possibly losing alkoloids Anyway I dont know what I did to make it work so great euphorically TONIGHT exactly or why but I think I must have activated alkoloids my stomache normally cant I have no idea but it was great ! What I did was 1. put in my 10 grams just enough water to cover the leaf shook it up and froze it. 2. put about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice over the ice leaf mixture in my flask looking bottle after I removed it from the freezer. 3. boiled some water in my microwave and then carefully poured it in the bottle. shook it periodically for 30 minutes and make sure it was completely thawed. 4. Enjoyed it like I did when I first started ! I have no idea what I did there but I am happy ! I would love some input from people and shout out to IANZOMBIE as I have picked up tons of great input and wisdom from him. He has my full respect as I read almost daily but is my first post !