Fastest way for pain relief with Vics?

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by kuplo, Sep 22, 2005.

1. kuplo

kuplo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My doctor prescribed me some vicodins (not the ones Im used to, 750ES) but rather 500's.

Anyway, is it like other pills where it's fastest to put it under your tongue and let it disolve or to just swallow it down with a glass of water.

My pain is in my feed, (edema I think he calls it) and its worse in the AM when I wake up, my feet are like balloons and hurt like an intense sungburn. As the day progresses the pain lessens without the Vicodins, but until it does I'd like to find the quickest way that these will work to get me up and around. Because right now swallowing them with a glass of water and I have to stay in bed for a good half hour to an hour before the pain is bearable to get out of bed.

Thanks

2. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well you've probably thought about snorting them but dont bother, thats half a gram per pill of acetomitophen that would be goin up your nose. Best advice I can give you is to crush the pill as much as you can and swallow it. It will dissolve as fast as it can and get to work quicker. Try looking into grapefruit juice to potentiate. Good luck and dont gain a tolerance...you can also look into a cold water extraction to take out all the apap and have nearly all hydrocodone left, but it is a pain in the ass.

3. kuplo

kuplo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks, but since im also on 10mg of xanax a day,(4mg with the 500mg vic whenI wake up amongst many other pills)I think the grapefruit juice wouldn't be the greatest idea, I do have a pill smasher device that turns pills to powder, I'll give that a try tommorrow morning and see if it works any quicker.

4. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just a little advice (even though its too late) try not to let the doctor who is percribing the vic's know that your on Alprazolam, In my experance it gets you a lower dose of Hydrocodone than origonally planed, just my experance with it.

As far as administration of the Hydrocodone, snorting would be faster, but not recomonded for the outlined resons above. Shooting them would be faster, but involve neadles, extractions, and just a general pain in the ass. (unless your cool with shooting 500mg acetaminaphine) The only thing i can think of that dosent go to the extreme would be putting the pill up your ass, Absorbtion is 125% better this way than orally.

Call your doc, often a simple phone call can get you upgraded. SWIM's Freind just got switched from darvaset to Vic's just by making a call.

Best of Luck,
    Mike