Culture - Favorite music to listen to while on LSD

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Bojangles, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just wandering what type of music you all enjoy listening to while tripping. For me, I must have music on the entire trip...my favorite thing to listen to while tripping (and lots of people think I'm nuts for this) is Rammstein...They are awesome! The synthesizer just pulls you in. Also, one of my best trips I listened to Rammstein's "Sehnsucht" album with headphones on very loud and had the most incredible kaliediscopic visuals the whole trip. I was very intense.

I mostly like listening to industrial music (MyLife with the Thrill Kill Kult, Rammstein, NIN,Manson, Chemlab), techno (hard house, trance, drum n bass), metal (Soulfly, Static X, Rob/white Zombie) and classic rock (Beatles, Doors)

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    LSD is all about psychadelic music, and I have checked out hundreds of bands from Pink Floyd to Tool to the Grateful Dead and the all-round greatest band I've discovered for the LSD experience is a little known band called Hawkwind.

Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead used to be their bassist until he got busted with speed in Canada in the mid 70s.

The band toured practically every corner of the world and are legitimately the most diverse and innovative act I've ever heard.

Their biggest hit was "Silver Machine" and their webiste is www.hawkwind.com

I fully advise you all to check them out if you're into that whole mystical, unpredictable LSD music scene. You can download a good few of their songs on LimeWire or KaZaA.

3. Eirias

Eirias Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If you lke techno, and enjoy hypnotic music that puts
    you into an altered state by itself, then I would suggest
    Psytrance. Also, ambient music is nice to fill your mind with
    vistas and scenery to keep you entertained and fascinated. For
    me, lyrics are too personal and prone to over/mis-interpretation on
    something like LSD. Something that you normally really enjoy
    could seem depressing or too pesonal on an 'ego' level. Go for
    the transpersonal, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008
  4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I personally have different tastes for music on different drugs. When I am high, or on benzos, or drunk, I really like to listen to rap, but when Im tripping, I find the lyrics a little too violent. Also, I don't normally listen to techno or trance, but I will blaze to that anytime if Im on X. I like to listen to pink floyd, third eye blind, and incubus when im on LSD. One time I took 6 hits and watched incubus' live at red rock DVD. I recommend this DVD to anyone who likes to trip and like incubus. We all felt like we were at the concert, listening to them play. The DVD also has its own visuals which made me trip so hard. THe visuals started moving from the screen to the walls of the house, and they illuminated the whole place.

Since tripping depends so much on setting etc, I think it is wise to have some good music selected before you start to trip. Trying to think while tripping takes away from the experience. I like to sit back and travel through my mind like its a playground.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008
  5. hellion

hellion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Listening to music by bands such as Children of Bodom pushes you to a downhill leading to a bad trip. Although they are one of my favourite bands, I actually try to avoid them on acid (but not other drugs). Pink Floyd usually works really well with everything.

6. frosty

frosty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from earth
    Pink Floyd the wall.....close your eyes lay down and get lost in
    it....Last time I tripped(5 years ago) I did this on three
    hits...played the whole story on my eye lids and forgot I had my eyes
    closed...thought I was really there[​IMG] almost freaked me out[​IMG]

7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Shpongle in all incarnations.

8. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'll second Shpongle (www.shpongle.com).

Their music was made for trippin [​IMG].

9. seldor

seldor Newbie

Reputation Points:
  10. mf400

mf400 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I love the psychadelic music for tripping. Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd, Beatles. I also LOVE Velvet Underground. Mmm, while its not the same drug, I really love listening to Heroin; it's also great when rolling. The build-up is fantastic.

11. Ketamina

Ketamina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Really, anything that you're truly into is good. On LSD I liked good techno (like Oakenfold) and some other slightly similar stuff (like Front 242). Anything 'normal' or 'typical' in music style wasn't bad, just boring. Music that has a lot of 'ingredients' is key because there's so much to listen to.

12. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    My friend used to make his own techno and it was great to listen to while tripping or rolling. He had a great set of speakers, and the music had so much shit going off in the background. I love listening to loud music when I am on acid. You can feel it through your body, and see the energy that the music produces.

13. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I can only think of a single song at the moment... Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold." Hypnotic as hell on any psychedelic, and strangely compelling.

Sssssshhhhttttzzzz....Edited by: Nicaine

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    "Space Hymn" by Lothar & the Handpeople.

15. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Brian Eno's "Another Green World"

16. Cuberun

Cuberun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Europe
    I don't really like listening to trippy music. I like listening to something I know as normal and see what it's like when I'm way off.

1. 4/5,
      never thought of doing this, good idea
      Dec 16, 2016
  17. Bloodrip101

Bloodrip101 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    NO DOUBT my favorite is infected mushroom, sweet music while your tripping, nothing else to say, thats all i listen to now when i take some hits

18. bizz

bizz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    used to be (i say this with passion) quality,soulfuluk drum n bass. got turned onto lsd (mid to late 90's) listening to stuff like goldie's "timeless"album, 4hero's "two pages" (truemind expanderif anyones ever heard), and early old-skool hardcore stuff ala acen, manix, reinforced, metalheadz, good lookingect, and for the come downs stuff like portishead (come on headz u know!), unkle, mazzy star. this stuff holds a special place for me now due to tripping off it all. higly recommended for trips.

19. acidfiend

acidfiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    jefferon airplane, doors, floyd

20. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I sometimes feel like this.

The first few times I did acid and found it too intense, I had to put on basic, joyful music in order to sort myself out. Now I like to test myself when I trip by putting on extremely unpredictable and confusing music.

Tags: