Opinions - Favorite stimulant for study?

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by WrtngCocaineTutorial, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Modafinil

17 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Methylphenidat (concerta/ritalin)

19 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Coffee, Tea

22 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. Dexedrine

13 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Adderall

50 vote(s)
    25.5%
  6. Cocaine

8 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Street amphetamine sulfate

8 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. Methamphetamine

9 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Other

22 vote(s)
    11.2%
  10. SWIM learns best sober

28 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Lots of stimulants are used to learn better. e.g. those mentioned in the poll. They help people with ADD/ADHD quite a lot, but they can also help "healthy people" a great deal! memory, learning, understanding, actually wanting to read, you name it...

What's you's favorite stimulant for studying, and why? (and which has You tried)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: Favotite stimulant for study

I used to be prescribed methylphenidate for his ADD, he has tried several different dosages, up to 3x15mg per day.
    He got very nasty side effects, and the few positive effects diminished to zero pretty quickly, he got side effects like extreme palpitations, he could feel his heart beating through his whole torso, he got pretty nauseous after taking his ritalin, and he got some extreme cases of vertigo. I have completely stopped taking methylphenidate and is now self-medicating with pure racemic amphetamine sulphate. He now has a much longer attention span, he can focuse much longer on school tasks, he has no nausea at all, and no palpitations or vertigo. I takes 20mg of racemic amphetamine sulphate, once in 6 hours twice a day, and he used to take 15mg methylphenidate once in 4 hours three times a day. I have to mind his amphetamine sulphate is 100% pure, not the crap which is usually offered on the street, though SWIM voted for street amphetamine sulphate.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  3. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:

^^^^^^^

Thats really bad You got all those side effects from the ritalin.

SWIM only gets a slight, occasional headache from the substance. I never got nauseous, nor did it make my heart race. I love the way ritalin makes me feel. SWIM flies all day on ritalin with an 8 hour barrage of euphoria, feeling of well-being, and appetite suppresion.

I am sure he would enjoy amphetamine salts also, but it is not available to him at this time.

4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I wouldnt waste coke on studying nor does he like to use coke at all... too $, too addictive, ect.

Now for meth... he just doesnt touch that shit with 10 foot pole....

as for methylphenidate ... why use a sub par amphetamine lookalike when adderall is as easily accessable along with far more potent

Caffeine is great, not gonna bad mouth it but it just isnt in the same league as the others....
    -------

Side note: swim opts for adderall and dexedrine to be named 1 option rather than two.... since were really splitting hairs watering down the field by making users choose between dexadrine and adderall (yes, I know the difference)

5. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I haven't tried all of the above options, but from what she has tried, adderall seems to give her both the energy to stay awake for hours as well as the interest, focus, motivation to work. Whereas others give her energy, but don't really motivate her towards studying.

6. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

which of the ones above has You tried?

7. julian

julian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

swim prefers an amphetamine(aderall)+caffeine+nicotine combination. swim just came down from a 5 day (sunday-today) aderall binge solely for the purpose of studying. I had a week from hell with two exams and a paper due. swim's preferred method of dosing would be taking a 20 mg xr (time release) and then snorting 5-15 mg (cruhed of course) periodically throughout the day. he averaged 60-80 mg a day getting a total of about 20 hours of sleep, which he finds a terrible side effect but is worth it for the sake of studying. swim normally does not have to take these drastic measures to study, but he hadn't been going to class and hadn't even opened his books until the beginning of the binge. swim tried adding cocaine to his combination one night when he ran out of aderall, which was a big misake. I couldn't concentrate worth shit after that and was completely unproductive for the rest of the night.

8. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  9. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan

coca.
    not extracted cocaine. coca, leaf.
    that said, I hasn't really "studied" since university, for the past 6 or 7 years. But he does indulge in intellectual tasks, such as translations, writing music, writing, learning lines, compiling data....or even writing a now -near finished but not yet revised- drug forum information page on ( pun intended) ....coca
    hehe

b

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
    1. 4/5,
      Interesting idea expanding the activity list from just studying to anything intellectual
      Mar 12, 2016
  10. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada

I am very fond of modafinil, he has recently aquired some, and fell in love imediatly, mostly due to the complete lack of side effects, at normal doses. I have stayed up all night once on it, and found himself in remarkably good condition the next day, and didnt feel burnt out, but he was very very tired once he stopped. He finds the stimulation of other substances to cause either inability to focus on one thing, with coffee, or the inability to discriminate what he pays attention to on the others. I have spent many a night he should have been studying completly obsesed with a book or video game.... I find the side effects, sweating, dirty feel, jitters, etc... seem to get worst and worst, while the stimulation gets less and less pottent with amphetamines or ritalin over time, and finds that his physical and mental condition in the morning is so horrible, he may as well be sleeping. I used to prefer ritalin, as it seemed to have the least negative effects, when used at reasonable doses, but now swears by modafinil, as so far, the only negative side effects where experianced at higher doses than those needed to work anyways.
    I found that a cup of coffee or two added the "zing" to modafinil that allowed him to work faster, but was realy unneccesary, he would try another stim with it, and expects the same results and potentiation, but would only do that if he had to work fast as well as all night, as modafinil dosn't seem to give you much more energy, but rather removes the urge to sleep. Actualy, I think its good enough on it's own, realy.

11. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    113 y/o

whta about ginko biloba, I find it usefull, other say it´s bullshit (it is, as a matter of fact, a seed´s extract).

12. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  13. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada

I find that ginko is very very subtle, the only time he feels any effect is when he is very very tired, then it gives him a bit more clarity, but not realy stimulation. May be a good suplement, for long term effects, but SWIM can't realy see it used to stay up all night studying. However, it has great synergy with ginseng, and with ginseng and ginko at high enough doses, allong with a cup of coffee or two, I could easily pull an all nighter, and feel much better in the morning. I think gingko and ginseng are most usefull in pottentiating other stimulants, and reducing body/mind fatigue caused by their use, or as long term suplements. Ginseng on it's own has a fairly strong effect on SWIM, but only at high doses, 5000mg+, and only straight root or chinese extractum works, western pills are crap. luckily, chinese extracts are dirt cheap if you know where to look. I get his ginseng from a chinese herb shop in chinatown, and pays 8$ for 30 vials of 8000mg 8yr old root extract, and he's gotten lucky with water damaged boxes for even less. Main thing is to stay away from health food shops, as I've seen prices for chinese extracts nearing the 30$ range for 800-1200mg of 1yr old roots.

I was considering a stimulant cocktail, coca/yerba mate/mah huang, or some similar herbal mix. He was thinking of putting 1/3rd of a normal dose of each herb in a tea bag, to see if he could reduce side effects and get about the same level of stimulation as any one substance alone... I am gonna try it if he ever gets his hands on coca leaf.

14. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    113 y/o

Coca leaf is widely used where I live, and he does it a very lot. It clarifies the mind and works better than any energy drink or energy suplement. Havent noticed any improovements on learning capacity, but can make you stay awake all night with no side effects.
    Yerba mate is full of caffeine, my second choice, but it´s diuretic and hard for the stomach. Maybe not as a tea, but the traditional infusion is quite strong but can keep you in the toilet for a while.
    SWIM works on cartoons about 16 hours a day and is constantly pushing it with coca/mate/ginko. It wakes you up, but does not improove learning or intelligence on a noticeable way, just a look at SWIM and taht would be confirmed!

15. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada

Sadly, SWIM only ever got to drink one cup of teabaged coca leaf, it was given to him at a hostel by a lovely gentleman from south america somewhere, who parted with one of his last bags, god bless him. I would love to try it again, preferably as a quidd with lime. However, I am unaware of a way to procure even the dry leaf from here.

16. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.

I have been prescribed the whole spectrum of these study stimulants since age seven (scary, right?) ranging from IR methylphenidate, IR amphetamine salts, sulphate, dextro-amphetamine, XR amphetamine, concerta, not to mention the experimentation that he underwent regarding all the others on the list with the exception of Modafinil. Due to his constant intake of these stimulants, at the age he is now (eighteen) he has quite the tolerance, perhaps not noticing cocaine until about a third line, etc. This totally does not answer the question. SWIM prefers amphetamine, although he once wrote four pages in an hour after taking a lot of coke, coke is just too expensive.

17. firewall

firewall Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Sulbutiamine is SWIM's nootropic of choice.

18. oddworld

oddworld Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Study time, Legal drugs as Study Aids

I have been having trouble concentrating while studying and was wondering what was availible for me to take. I do not have any perscriptions, and would prefer to not go see a doctor, what suguestions do you have for legal drugs I can take that will help me with my (probable ADD and) studying?

19. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: Study time, please help

Try some nootropics such as Piracetam and a few others, DMAE also has helped quite a few people get through their studies (although, I would explore that sparingly as research is slim on the subject of DMAE). Nootropics in conjunction with adderall and concerta are a great combination.

20. oddworld

oddworld Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Study time, please help

I dont want to order anything online, are these availible in drug stores or super markets or anything?
    I dont have access to adderall or concerta anymore, because they require a perscription, and I can't order anything online.
    I also dont know what Piracetam or DMAE is, do they sell that at Wallgreens or any other local drug store, if so what is the bottle called / whats the most popular brand?