Experiences - Fear/Panic on First DXM Trip - Will it Recur on the Second?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by anonymous24601, Dec 13, 2005.

1. anonymous24601

anonymous24601 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have a few questions that SWIM hopes the more experienced DXM users on this site can help answer. The situation goes like this...

A few weeks ago, I took 16 robogels, equalling 240mg of DXM. This was SWIM's first time. It was both a good and bad experience. During the good parts, I had some very faint yet interesting closed-eye visuals. Fortunately, I didn't puke or even feel very nauseous - which can probably be credited to the fact that I was laying in SWIM's bed pretty much the entire time. Laying in bed, I felt like I was huge and taking up the whole bed at one moment, and extremely tiny the next. SWIM also seemed to "lose" time. SWIM seemed to blackout, but not really, since no time passed when SWIM "came to." It's a bit difficult to describe, but it was certainly not unpleasant. I believe that it was almost immediately before peaking that things started to turn bad. At that time, I was reading about DXM and read that an allergy medicine I had taken might cause fatal results. SWIM then started to panic a little. Well, panic may be too strong a word. It is safe to say that I got really scared. I tried to think coherently and control things, but became alarmed when I was unable to do so. I know that the "no control" is pretty much the point of DXM, but I was still quite alarmed. So the rest of the night I was tense and frightened and just lay in bed, hoping not to but waiting to die. SWIM finally came down, went to sleep, and woke up strangely refreshed. The panic from the night before seemed silly and a bit excessive once I got back to normal.

Though the trip didn't end very well, I plan on trying it again and has a few questions. Will the tense-ness and fear happen again? Or since SWIM now knows what's going on and what's going to happen, will it not end the same way? Should SWIM up the dose a little or just play it safe and stay at 240mg in case the panic comes again? If SWIM were to up the dose, how much would be a safe addition to the current dose? Should SWIM expect something different the second time around? Or is it going to be similar to the first? And what platuea did I manage to reach that first time?

I am sorry if there's a lot of unnesessary information here or if these questions were asked before. Any and all help will be very much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I would say the second time around the fear should NOT come, though it really is all up to you since it was in your head the first place, id say its from reading that fatal reaction bullshit. It wouldnt hurt to up the dose a little, say 300 mg or so is pretty good, it might be a little stronger but in no way overwhelming. Now that you know the effects and whatnot you should be completely confident and no reason for any fear to return. I would have to say you were in 2nd plateau, 300 mg will not put u in third but it will mabey make it a higher 2nd plateau dose.

Hope you have fun the next time around..

3. anonymous24601

anonymous24601 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the reply, bcStoner. Are you sure that 300mg won't send SWIM to the third plateau? SWIM really, ABSOLUTELY does not want to go to the the third plateau. As for the first trip, would you say that I was in a low, mid, or high second plateau?

4. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    I would say you were most likely in the mid 2nd plateau range, and as for being in third plateau i repect you dont want to be there and am 99.99% sure you wont get there off 300 mg, i did that my very first trip and sure as hell didnt get third plateau.
    I have personally been well into third plateau and it took 750 mg to get there, lemme tell ya it showed me right then and there the higher plateaus arent for me.

5. anonymous24601

anonymous24601 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, just the idea of the third and fourth plateaus scare SWIM. Glad to know 300mg won't send SWIM there.

So 300mg will be pretty much like 240mg, just a tad bit more intense? In what ways will the experience change with just 60mg more?

6. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    Hard to say for sure, everyones different, Its possible you may feel some nausea in the comeup so just lay down for about an hour and a half. Overall i would say it would be pretty close to your last trip just more intensified. It will only change for the better, 300 mg is still a low dose.

7. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Dude, fourth plateau? You even speak of it, as if it's something to be desired. That is a crazy level, no motor control, no sense of anything... if your trying to go that crazy (which i know YOU arnt) then go for PCP hell.

I'm almost 99.999% sure that 300mg wont send you anywhere near the 3rd plateau. Hell i'd say mid to high 1st. My first dose ever was 354, and i didnt hit the third plateau until i had an 89ml bottle of dsylum at 4, 120mg via robogels at 6, 210mg via robogels at 8pm... one bicardi and coke, a ciggarette, and one bowl.

Now that's me redosing 3 times, starting at 534 + 120 + 210 = 864... when in reality 534/120/210 redose does not = 864 in effects...

After two days the after glow wore off, that was interesting.

Muirner

8. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    id say anywhre up to 450 mg should be fine for a good/pleasant and not too hard hitting trip

Just drink a bottle of robo (make sure its 15/5 mg/ml and DXM is only active ing)

gl and let us know how it was

3rd Plateau is pretty interesting if you dont have anything to do for the next 20 hours, just lay back and watch some movies in pitch black it gets pretty nice feels like your floating

9. anonymous24601

anonymous24601 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks everyone for their input. It certainly helped out a lot. I am just naturally scared of big numbers, so it seems. I am also just a lot more used to the opiates, so these large numbers seem a bit daunting. But all of your reassurances made SWIM feel better. Thanks so much!

SWIM managed to gag down 20 robogels just a few minutes ago. SWIM'll let you know how it went!

10. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    Please do, it's funny you mention the opiates too because if I am using codeine his dose is higher than what he likes to go to with DXM, if hes doing hydro or oxy then of course not even close.