Drug info - fears for future change in legality of GBL

Discussion in 'GHB' started by psilocybin, Dec 21, 2006.

1. psilocybin

psilocybin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    In the run up to GHB and GBL becoming illegla in countries other than UK, how well publicised was the change in legality, and how much warning were people given. With all the bad press on GBL in the UK, im guessin we dont have long. I havn't heard much, but will the industrial uses etc of it make this less likely than i fear?

2. thegoodfight

thegoodfight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been out of the loop on the GBL scene for a little while. could SWIP^^ tell swim of the legal status of GBL in the UK?

In what way is it available? Industrial use only? Commercial/professional?

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    The discussion of availability often leads to discussion of sources. Here's just a general heads up that sources discussion is not allowed. GBL is a watched chemical. (UN red list)

4. garbled

garbled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    It's only a matter of time before GBL becomes scheduled just like GHB in the UK. Stock up while you can.

5. Mr_T

Mr_T Newbie

Reputation Points:
    psilocybin: You mention that GBL is in the UN red list? Does this mean it is already illegal in other UN countries? For instance, is taking GBL from UK (where it is currently still legal) into Europe illegal?? If that is the case, I'll make sure that I don't do that!

I had been trying to research this on the internet, and had found some semi-relevant pages on the European Legal Database on Drugs but each time get completely lost in the endless number of documents on there..

Would be interested in your opinion.

Thanks,
    T.

6. chrisdahl

chrisdahl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    Totally legal to absolutely anybody of any age

7. bananaweed

bananaweed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dont panic guys. we still have nice GBL-precoursors like BDO and THF. 4 example: THF (tetrahydrofuran) + Ca(ClO)2 (bleach) = GBL BDO + copper powder (reaction temperature is about 200C) = GBL just a little bit kitchen chemistry B)

8. bananaweed

bananaweed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hell i cant find how to correct the posted message - the right reactions would be: 1) THF (tetrahydrofuran) + Ca(ClO)2 (bleach) = GBL 2) BDO + copper powder (reaction temperature is about 200C) = GBL