1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - Fermented Pineapple

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by NeuroChi, Nov 5, 2008.

1. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Would it be safe to consume? :laugh:

It was left in the fridge, now 2 weeks past the expiry date. It's only darker, and smells like wine.

2. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Be my guest, but do post an experience report.

3. PsychoActivist

PsychoActivist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thats weird we had just cut up a cantalope that smelled and tasted kinda fermented/alcoholic/chemically/. Its wasn't toooooooo bad. I ate a few pieces and then we threw it away. Definitely no notable effects from the few pieces......lol oh well ~ Documented

But yes please do post an exp. rep. if you decide to glaum it down.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    There are one or two wineries that sell pineapple wine, and I think you can make wines out of most any fruit.

Don't know if any safety measures need to be taken though, and you'd probably need to mix it with something to get a good taste.

5. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    My knowledge of alcohol and fermentation would suggest that in the presence of oxygen, the alcohol would turn to vinegar, giving a noticeably different taste.

Anything with sugar can be fermented, so I assume this would include most if not all fruits.

As far as safety, I don't know what other substances might be produced alongside of the alcohol.

6. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    Swim says...... it doesn't taste like just pineapple and alcohol. It taste's strange. He's not going to finish drinking it. He drank some, and it definitely contains alcohol, but it contains something else as well. Something not so good. Something strange. Very tart. Not as good as he would have hoped. It could get him drunk, 'if he drank more, but it could make him sick, if he drank more. He had about 100 ml. of it, and doesn't want any more. He had other alcohol as well, be is not sure if this pineapple alcohol would be good for him.

.......yes, it definitely contains something other than just ethanol. Who knows what it is, but it's strange.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008