Health - Fighting ephedrine Tolerance.

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by student_is_here, Apr 30, 2007.

1. student_is_here

student_is_here

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    If I want to fight an annoying tollerence to ephedrine, is there anything he can do other than coming off of it for a few days?

(I realise this is not an amphetamine)

2. SWIMming

SWIMming Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Fighting ephedrine Tollerence.

Follow some of the advice for fighting Amphetamine tolerance - the chemicals are similiar and some of the same strategies should work. (Magnesium/DXM)

Coming off of it for a week or so would be the best and most effective strategy though.

3. student_is_here

student_is_here

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

ok but where does one get magnesium and DXM on short notice? heh.

(im assuming its not illegal), and in what doses should it be taken?

4. SWIMming

SWIMming Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

DXM - anywhere that has basic pharmacy stuff (Robitussin with DXM as the ONLY active ingredient). Note - Do NOT take a recreational dose, from what I have heard, ~40-60 mg a day for a few days should reduce tolerance some.

Magnesium is availible at GNC, Walmart etc in supplement form. Take 500mg daily with one of your meals. Magnesium is more for recuding tolerance buildup, and is more long term in general.

Really though, for any significant reduction, give it a few days.

5. Xcrement1

Xcrement1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from belgium

this is the 7th day on row that I took 2040mg, and one day 2760mg of pseudo-ephedrine (all at once), and know swim seems to feel only very little of it.
    i do know it's rediciously much pseudo-ephedrine,
    but one time I took 6120mg's at once.
    this resulted in 3days of no sleep, paranoia, visible muscletwists in swims face.
    the tirth day I went to the doctors and his pulse was 150bpm.she gave him inderdal to slow my heart down.
    i really don't advice to take that much!

6. student_is_here

student_is_here

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

WOW. I thought he was in danger taking 400mg to 800mg a day! he also snorted it for the first time 12 hours ago and was pleasently surprised.

7. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

Pseudoephedrine is not the same drug as ephedrine and is less potent IIRC. Even so those are insane doses and are not to be recommended. Psedoephedrine will raise heartrate and BP with minimal euphoric effects. TBH I've never heard of anyone using it recreationally.

Just because somebody on the internet says he was OK taking a ridicukous dose of a totally different drug does not mean it is safe for you. 400-800mg /day is a very high dose of ephedrine.
    Please be careful.

8. Xcrement1

Xcrement1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from belgium

seeing the dose-list on erowid i already taught of pseudo-ephedrine being an other drugs then ephedrine. however i take such a big amount, the effects aren't to big actually and every day the tolerance rises. Tomorrow i'll quit the pseudo-ephedrine for a while.
    And the reason why is use this is beacause i wanted a replacement for amphetamine-sulfat. this is way less nastyer then real speed.
    however i really don't reccomend people to use it, like i don't with any drugs...

9. tinytom

tinytom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

what was it like mate I recently came across 300 8mg pure eph tabs. he takes a dose of 24mg of eph and 200mg of caffiene for fat loss purposes 3 times a day. SWIM woild like to know if any one had any ideas on how eph could be used to it make the weekend more interesting?