Financial statement 2017: € 11,094 deficit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Alfa, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Here is the financial statement 2017 for DF:

Accounting overview for 2017
    Hosting € 24,542
    Software & Development € 4,905
    Foundation costs € 835
    Bank costs € 202
    Total costs € 30,486
    Donations € 19,392
    Deficit € 11,094

Projection for 2018 accounting
    Hosting € 27,000
    Software licences € 5,000
    Foundation costs € 800
    Bank costs € 200
    Total costs € 33,000
    Donations € 19,400
    Deficit € 13,600

€ 13,600 = USD $16,600
    We need €2,750 ($3,355) per month to break even in 2018.
    Donations bring in around €1,620 ($1,980) per month.
    We therefore need to raise €1,130 ($1,380) more per month.
    We also need to find funds to pay the 2017 deficit.

Further explanations:
    1. Software & Development costs can be reduced if members perform data entry tasks.
    2. Foundation costs include accountant cost, PO box rent, and other small administrative costs.

As you can see the finances of Drugs-Forum are unmaintainable. Your help is direly needed.
    Instructions on how to donate are here: Donating
    You can also invest your time and effort in ways that help our financial status. See here.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. aemetha

aemetha Sexy Potato Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from wherever his wife is.
    I just want to add, the minimum recurring donation is €3.50 a week. A cup of coffee costs more than that in many places. If every regular user of the forum who believes the forum serves an important purpose committed to that, the financial situation would be dramatically improved.

I get that some peoples finances are tight, and if you need drugs to stay well, you have to stay well. If you can donate, please at least consider donating at those times you can.

3. mkolarek

mkolarek Lonely Tweaker Silver Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from Czech Republic
    Have you thought about raising money through an ICO? The skills and time required are minimal and the funds collected should be more than enough to cover at least the last year's deficit. I worked on one ICO back in April (started in April from scratch) and when it ended three or four months later, it raised over $80,000. So I think that the ~€30,000 needed could get raised in no time through an ICO. I already have some experience with Smart contracts and the whole process around token crowdsale, so you can DM me if you'd like to discuss it further.

4. thelostreceptor

thelostreceptor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    That's really concering. I just recently joined this forum and it has already been an important source of information for me. Have you thought about adding a banner on the website to stimulate users to donate a small amount? Maybe hide it for donating members?

5. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Live Free Or Die! Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from Cayo Loco
    How about someone starting a GoFundMe Account?

But seriously, the very idea that we have funding issues is ridiculous! Come on people! Get your asses out of lurker mode and help a brother and sister out! This place is a home to many and a shelter to even more, but only for as long as we can keep the doors open.

.75 cents a day. That's all it takes. And if everyone would chip in, it would not even be that much! And I don't care about your situation, if you honestly sit there and say you can't afford that miniscule amount, then I will sit here and call you a liar. Paypal accounts are free, and a person can pick up .75 cents a day out of the gutter. Hell, I'm totally disabled and not working at anything, and I give till it fucking hurts. Because I believe. Because others here believed in me

Not asking you to do what I do. Just asking you to do SOMETHING. This is a chronic problem with such an easy fix. It's "set and forget".....if you can afford to donate x amount, set your donation at the level immediately below that figure. If you can afford 5, give 3.50, if you can afford 10, give 7.50! Make it reoccurring, and then forget about it. That way, you will always have the pleasure of helping without the pain of financial hardship.

Or make up any reason that will get the job done. Whatever it takes! Lets just work together and keep the lights on and the doors open.

Remember why you are here. Then ask yourself where you might be if we didn't exist. Now decide if it is worth it. If it is, get your hand off your dick and put it in your wallet. Pull out a couple of bucks (or euros or whatever) and give.

The next life WE save might just be someone you love.

1. 4/5,
      Truer words have never been spoken.
      Apr 21, 2018
    2. 5/5,
      Gave all the good reasons for donating. The crowd has got to do something about it, in fact YOU have to do it!
      Jan 24, 2018
  6. NotAJediOrSith

NotAJediOrSith With You In Rockland Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from somewhere far from home.
    This is a dire situation that I feel many people either are unaware of or underestimate. The effects of underfunding needs to become common knowledge to the community at large.

Can anyone brainstorm ideas to effectively raise awareness to it?

I reccomend adding a link in your signature to that effect.

7. uncle_bud

uncle_bud Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I apologize, but what exactly falls under Hostimg? 27.000 e sure sounds alot for hostng

Is there crypto option of donating?

8. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    You can donate with bitcoin.
    Yes, its a lot. It includes:
    • Wildcard SSL certificates
    • domains
    • bandwidth
    • CDN
    • SLA for 5 servers
    • Backups
    • Servers
    • Maintenance & Support hours outside of SLA hours
    • DDoS protection system
    • Power
    • Rackspace
    I'm probably missing a few things.

9. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    We need urgent funding to avoid being cut off from hosting.

10. Mick Mouse

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from Cayo Loco
    where can we see what our current donation level is? I operate on the set and forget method, and I have forgotten what the amount was. Check my paypal account? or is that info available here?

11. Alfa

Reputation Points:
  12. Mick Mouse

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from Cayo Loco
    OK, according to my paypal account, the last time one of my donations went through was December 2016. Please tell me that is not correct! I thought I was on a reoccurring donation for 50 US Dollars each month! And had been for a good long time.
    Now I feel really stupid, begging others for donations and not giving myself! I will get this fixed TODAY!
    But why would it say I am still a donating member, if there haven't been donations coming through?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2018 ---
    OK, I don't know what in the hells happened, but I am now back on board to the tune of 50 euros a month reoccurring, according to paypal. My sincere apologies for this mix-up, I always saw the "donating member" label and assumed everything was OK and on track. Guess that is what I get for assuming! I will also send in additional one-time donations as finances permit to try and make up for the past year+.

13. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    The host has announced we will be cut off in 4 hours from now.
    We need €7275
    Getting part of the funds would buy some time.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  14. aemetha

aemetha Sexy Potato Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from wherever his wife is.
    I don't have any money to spare right now. I've shared the link to the df facebook page on my own timeline with the following message, and I suggest anyone willing to do so might do the same on facebook/twitter.

"At a time when drug overdose is the leading killer of people under 50 in the US, and access to good quality information about addiction and harm reduction is increasingly stretched, the hosting for one of the largest sites that offers this information is under massive financial pressure. If the site were to disappear it is not an exaggeration to say people will die.

Please consider a one off donation to support the sites continued operation. If you cannot donate, please consider sharing this so others have an opportunity to be made aware of the site and its goals and donate if they choose to.

To donate follow the instructions here: https://drugs-forum.com/wiki/Donating
    or open a support ticket.
    Or use this form: https://inspirepay.com/pay/substance-information-network

The df facebook page address is: https://www.facebook.com/drugs.forum.sin/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
  15. Calliope

Calliope Fictional Member Gold Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from a nutshell, an infinite space
    I made a donation @Alfa that I hope will help.

1. 5/5,
      Continual generosity and dedication to this site. This member has been ceaseless in her efforts to keep the site afloat.
      Apr 25, 2018
  16. Mick Mouse

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from Cayo Loco
    Did we get cut off earlier today? I kept getting messages stating server was not available. I will check my bank account as soon as the bank opens and see if I can't squeeze some more out as a one-time donation, in addition to the reoccurring donation I started yesterday.

And is this related to the error messages stating "you must wait X amount of seconds before you can complete this action"?

17. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Yes, we got cut off today. I was able to get us partly reconnected (email and some other stuff doesnt work) on the promise that we would raise the money soon.

It also means that we need to get alternative providers for email. This will raise our costs some.

18. MystaDude

MystaDude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from New Mexico, United States
    Could "Drug Forum" perhaps start some kind of web-shop? No, I'm not suggesting selling RC Fentalogues or any other substances lol :D More along the line of selling t-shirts etc.... There are many "print on demand" sites where u can start your own webstore for free, I'm a graphic designer and could perhaps help out. Hard to say whether anyone would be interestedin buying anything but it does not hurt trying.

19. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Yes, our reviews section is basically an affiliate shop where members can add products, review products and buy products:
    https://drugs-forum.com/reviews/categories/drug-test-kits.3/
    Its just starting to generate a little financial income. If enough members add products and reviews then this will grow. So even people who cannot donate money can still help the financial situation.
    I could really use some help with graphic design. I need banners to promote account upgrades and various product groups promoted in the reviews section, as that will increase site income. Lets talk!

20. MystaDude

MystaDude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from New Mexico, United States
    I could possibly help with it, need to check out the review section. Ive been working in photoshop since the 90ies so I can absolutely give u a hand.