Experience Report - First Kratom afternoon. Extremely positive!

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Oldschool Drum Machines, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Oldschool Drum Machines

Oldschool Drum Machines Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    Introvert Joy Division Kid and the Depeche Mode Obsessed had breakfast together this morning early at a bar - they both had work and things to do but the plan was to try Kratom right before lunch (in order to have empty stomach) and eat later ..so they met around 13 AM ready to brew some k-tea. Being both more into opiates/benzos than stims - they got a wide selection of Red Vein strains and one Green (Maeng Da green)
    They chose a Red Vein variety called RV Plantation. Jd kid wanted to try it first bc the reviews found online said it was a warm and reassuring as a mild opiate: perfect! They did a brew with 10 gr. approx (they both agreed that there won't be no approx again in the next future - in order to keep track of the doses, effects and bla bla) so 5 each, a nice first experience dose apparently. Both needed to shower and change clothes and since they live very near, each one went to his own house after drinking the bitter but not so nasty brew. First effects kicked in after 20 minutes and when they met again approx 1 hour after taking the Kratom, they were astonished how good it felt ... like they kept repeating "where the hell was Kratom until now ..." (that was repeated a great number of times for the whole afternoon) : anxiety gone like it never even existed (they both had some troubles with stims in the past, this left them with a chronic anxiety and are prescribed with low doses of benzos ), a very calm feeling and a sudden happy-go-lucky mood that was really a surprise. Everything felt lighter and extremely natural than the chemical substances with similar effects !!
    Music also felt great and you know - the introvert Joy Division kid and the Depeche Mode obsessed for sure love music - so they started doing what they used to do years before, in those long mornings after being to clubs, obviously still awake and in strong need of music : they just started picking songs at turns on yt, while talking extremely chilled.
    Being used to frequent re-dosing when partying with other substances - after 3 hours they decided to take a slightly lower dose of another strain, so they picked Palangkaraya RV ... this new "aroma" kicked in significantly earlier than the other, even if the dose was less (approx 7/8 gr - so 3,5/4 gr each ) and the effect seemed very very different : less sedation and sleepy feeling but the mood went over the top ... so much that they decided to skip the decision to start a 3 episodes mini-marathon of The Knick second series (they both loved the first season) and preferred to go out to take a walk and maybe drink some hot drink at the bar. This was an unusual choice for both bc they both loved the first season of that series and they were looking forward to start it and they don't like so much to hang out in the area where they live.
    Taking this walk was very relaxing - again both were astonished on how much the mood was lifted and how it just felt good taking a walk - the introvert kid found himself talking to an old schoolmate met while walking, helping an old lady to open the door of her house and again to a cute girl working at a bar... He swears he usually is very introvert and this just doesn't happen normally!
    The conversation between the two friends was just non-stop and soon they realized they were talking fast and planning stuff like did dozens of times when they were on speed or that other awful substance that starts with the C letter.
    So the afternoon came to an end and both went home, feeling the need to lay down (just to lay down, not to sleep). Effects were still noticeable after 7/8 hours. Both fell instantly in love with Kratom and are planning to have many more of those relaxing days...whenever everyday's life will allow it :cool:

Oldschool Drum Machines added 1032 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Day #2 Experience #2 - Jd kid and DM obsessed found the time to have "breakfast" together before work - this time they both drank 1 glass white grapefruit juice when the woke up as enhancer and their morning blend was their first mixed blend : 4 grams Green Maeng Da + 12 Grams Red Borneo (dose for two) empty stomach. JD kid lurked this forum for a while and saw that people added some green strains to the red ones, to have a long lasting effect. They planned to meet for lunch after the morning spent working and JD Kid was feeling a heavy hit, like good quality H. without the heaviness and the nods + the not so pleasant sensation when you get a high dose of Clonazepam or heavy sedating substances and your main need is to go to bed and sleep it off. Dm obsessed didn't feel the heavy sedation so insisted to go out for a pizza and after the lunch break - the situation was inverted ... Dm Obsessed went home for a nap, directly - luckily he didn't have anything important to do in the afternoon! It proved a little bit too much for both - in different moments. Lesson learnt, do not mess with Borneo and it's becoming clearer how many people say it takes a little bit of trial and error to find the strains you like best and doses. For the future they will stick to single strains and will mix again when they will be already aware of their optimal doses.
    Also enhancers like grapefruit, will be discussed in the future, right now it's important to stay warm and chilled.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I can't help but feel you are at a high risk of addiction, don't fall for the honeymooning of kratom. It feels great now but eventually your mind will adapt and you'll be taking it just to feel "normal".

Please make sure you control your usage and don't get sucked into addiction because I can tell you right now it sucks the big one. I went an entire year with just weekend use and before I knew it I started using it daily. It does sneak up on you.

Please do not use kratom in order to "stuff" your feelings or make life better. Its great for recreational use when you want to chill out but when you start using it to avoid feelings this is when it can become a serious problem.

It's not fun, trust me. Going on 4 years now and I'm sick of this shit. I've cut my usage down to 1/4 of what I normally do but I feel pretty flat at the doses and its pretty depressing.

3. Oldschool Drum Machines

Oldschool Drum Machines Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    Thanks a lot for reaching out and sharing your experience! Actually yeah - the first week was a little bit out of control and the Kratom experience was "extended" to two other friends of my group, needless to say they were both enthusiast as we were a few days before.

I justify that first week saying that me and the other guy with whom i had my first experience, have been substances free since a lot. The usual reasons : girlfriends, families but also random drug tests at the workplace and an important shared sense of guilt that came with using the hard stuff again, after more than 20 years ... which became a real issue when coming down :(

Well, good thing i had an unpleasant experience last monday with Red Maeng Da ( i also wrote a post about it) and basically i felt a totally unpleasant caffeine-like rush which is precisely what i don't want to get. This made me stop using it all of a sudden and as far as i know nobody used it again for the past 5 days. This first "break" made me think how easy it would be to spiral down into a daily use (with increased dosages ).
    We are all more or less familiar with the "honeymoon phase" with heavier substances (my honeymoon lasted almost 2 years! not daily use but 3/4 times a week, and i could stop anytime - sleep it off for one day and i was good to go... until the issues arrived and hit me hard :( ) this Kratom thing is not meant to go back to those extremely bad moments of our past. We planned and discussed it a lot - our goal is to keep it for recreative purposes once or twice a week. It's such a powerful and important help - bc even after months or years from some substances, your mind just goes there and you can't help it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015