Experiences - First time 2C-I

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by grg3135, Apr 10, 2005.

1. grg3135

grg3135 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Alright, so I did 15ish mg of 2C-I last night (didn’t have a scale, so I half-assed it by splitting up what I knew was 20 mg). Sorry, I always have trouble starting things like this. Well, let me just say that it was subtle. It’s not something that you’d want if you’re looking for some overwhelming, mind-melting trip. But, that’s not to say that it wasn’t fun, because I really enjoyed it. In fact, it was probably the most recreational psychedelic drug that I have ever done (and I’ve done a few). It had the waves of euphoria surging through your veins that are prevalent in the early stages of most psychedelic experiences (not to say that it isn’t always present, but I feel that if it is there throughout the experience, it’s overshadowed by some of the stronger effects) as well as some extreme mood elevation. I wasn’t just in a good mood, it was more like the best mood ever, which was nice. And that’s not all, there were visuals too (yep, that’s right, visuals from a hallucinogen, I know it sounds crazy). But the visuals weren’t what I normally get. Rather than the spinning geometric, brightly colored, 60’s hippy tie-dye patterns that are usually synonymous with my trips, I instead got distortions of what was actually there. Let me clarify this a bit- I would close my eyes and be able to retain a perfect image of what I had just seen, focus on it a bit, and it would start to change or distort, often in comical ways. I was at my high-school talent show (boy, that was awful, but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyhow), watching some kid sitting in a chair playing acoustic guitar when I closed my eyes and he started to morph into this dinosaur/lizard creature and go into some fantastic tap-dancing routine. I could have entertained myself that way for hours. I had that the same thing with eyes open, but to a much smaller degree. But, to the unsuspecting spectator, I was completely and utterly normal (except for the extreme level of energy, but that could have easily been played off). I could carry on normal conversations, function at full capacity, and do everything as normal. In fact, if I didn’t pay attention to it, the effects seemed to slip away almost entirely, but when I was unfocused, the walls would begin breathing again and everything would return to “normal.” Alright, so there’s the entertainment aspect.
    That’s not all though, yeah, there’s more. I got this feeling that everything I did was completely natural, It all just felt right. There was no awkwardness, it didn’t exist. Don’t get me wrong, its not like I was turned into some blabbering, gushy secret teller (so lets say you wouldn’t be compelled to suddenly confess to some crime that you commited the week before, if that’s what you’re worried about. Don’t try to deny it, I know you are), but I could do whatever I wanted to without fear of embarrassment, whether it was some absolutely fantastic, graceful dance move, or an extremely hilarious joke, it was all done without fear of social repercussion. There was also this feeling of empathy (I think empathy is the word I’m looking for here). I was watching this movie (High Fidelity), and I perfectly understood every character. I knew what they were feeling, and why they said the things they were saying, I understood everything, just seemed natural, just clicked. The only bad thing, well, it wasn’t really so bad, was the fact that I had so much energy. I slept at a friend of mine’s house, lets call him Tyler (that is his name after all), he was sober, and I stayed up long after he went to sleep. Its not that I couldn’t sit still (well, there was a little bit of that, especially earlier on), I just wasn’t tired, I was wired (oh boy, that was clever). I have to tell you though; it was hard to keep the conversation going after he went to bed. I still made my witty comments and all, he just didn’t contribute much, which I suppose was OK, I still enjoyed it. Over all, a fantastic night. Ill be looking to try a bit more next time (I have enough for a couple more excursions).

2. gn2osis

gn2osis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    2C-I is a really good one, thanks for sharing that. Your first of
    the 2C family? They are definitely different than
    tryptamines. Like MDMA and speed they effectively boost dopamine,
    so there is a more euphoric, stimulant quality to them, and yet at
    least some of them are a little smoother than tryps. 2C-I appears
    to be one of the friendlier ones. Some people say it's not visual
    enough, but it's really conducive to a great mood and empathy, and
    what's not to like about that in a psychedelic? 2C-D is also
    great in the 80-100 mg range; several have compared it to the famous
    but illegal and hard-to-find (at least for some) 2C-B.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
  3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Glad to hear you you got to experience 2c-i. Maybe next time you
    can take a higher dose like 20mg. The difference in visuals and
    mindfuck for 15mg and 20mg for me is pretty big. You can somewhat
    control your tip too which is nice. If you want a mind fuck, you
    can get it, but if not you can almost function normally. If you
    want to trip really hard just put on some headphones, close your eyes,
    and transform your mind into a psychadelic playground.

4. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Word. Sounds like something that happens to me on shrooms every
    once in a while. And 16 is a reasonably low dose. My first
    2ci trip gave me some of those "this is the coolest thing in the world"
    feelings. Very much party-oriented/social drug. Wouldn't
    really be that much fun to do in your room in front of a computer, but
    at a party, it's a blast. The speediness of it makes me run
    around and do crazy shit. Glad you liked it.

5. grg3135

grg3135 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah, it was my first time with the 2C family. And thanks for the responses. Its not that it wasnt visual enough, it was just subtler than i'm used to. The visuals werent overpowering. All in all, it was a pretty good experience. Im trying 20-25 this weekend, so I'll have to let you guys know how that goes.