Dose - First Time Alprazolam: How much to take and what to expect?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by altair, Dec 29, 2005.

1. altair

altair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, so I am supposed to be getting some xanax in the next couple weeks, and I wanted to know all the effects of it. I understand it has a relaxation effect similar to opiates, but I want to know everything about it. I like to research any drugs (a total of 3 so far, I'm new) completely before I start. And seeing as my search here didn't turn much up, and the other site at which I research my stuff is down.

Thanks,

-altair

2. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if you have never taken them before I wouldn't do more than 4mg. . It takes about 10-15 min. than you'll start to feel them. They ARE the best benzo if you want to get waisted. After awhile they will c kick-in more and you won't regret it .In my experience a bowl after they kick-in all the way is simular to an opiate high. You will enjoy but you might not remember the next day what you did. Be carefull for your first time ,I know SWIM who have passed-out fast .Experiment the first time and take it slow or you might sleep a day away.

3. mmilam

mmilam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well its hard to say the entire effects that you will feel without knowing how many miligrams you are taking and whether or not your going to be drinking with them or not.

But i will try my best to help ya out.

What to Expect on 2 milligrams(1bar):
    If you snort it, then you feel them almost instantly. A week ago, my lil brother got 1000 of them to hustle, well he broke me off, and i snorted 1 bar.
    Thats a lot to snort because it breaks up in a very big line. Well within, 15 minutes i had passed out right on the couch. My lil brother said he came home and tried to get me up but i wouldnt wake up. He said him and his friend slapped me in the face, yelled in my ears and everything, but that i wouldnt wake up. He said i would mumble but thats all. well anyway, i all of a sudden woke up 3 hours later fully awake.

But last night i snorted a whole bar again, and boy i was wobbly.

Taking 1 bar orally:(<

You wont feel the effects that fast. Maybe 20 minutes in my opinion. depends how big you are and whether its on an empty stomach or not.
    But you will feel a lil clumsy. Honestly, i really dont know much about how you will feel when taking on 1 bar orally because i dont take just 1. i take about 4-5 at a time, some snorted some orally.

Taking 3 or 4 or 5:(< (<
    You will feel awesome. Invincible. Very serious about everything. But also like a drunk but without the double vision.
    Most Likely when you pass out you will fall into a deep coma sleep. I did that once and passed out at a friends house and woke up the next morning and drove home and got in a wreck. Just a bumper to bumper, but it was because i was still so dazed.
    You will also only recall certain moments of the night before. Most of the night will be total history.
    And dont be surprised if you start stealing from your freinds.

You become totally unaware of any consquences that can happen for anything you do.

Notes:
    Do not take Methadone with Xanax.
    The football shaped xanax are 1 mg. 2 footballs equals a bar.

Luckily for you, you arent going to be taking them for a few days so youll have alot more responses to your question and be able to understand it better.

Hope this helps. I have 9 bars waiting for me in my car. Ill probally take 3. but no more because im driving. and if i cant drive then ill pass out at someones house.

Hope this helps, but i gotta get going. party time. ill give you feedback on how i feel tonite, tommorow, well thats if i remember. lol. peace(<

4. vacant

vacant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Xanax can lead to a very relaxed day, night, or anything in between. With no tolerance, it would be good to start with a very low dosage (probably no more than 2mg--I've known people to get completely messed up from .5mg). It'll lead to a great "chill" time. Add more and you'll get more relaxed and clumsy, eventually very intoxicated.
    With more, it's easy to do very stupid things that you'll regret (and have absolutely NO memory of doing). At higher doses (relative to tolerance), it can be hard to remember anything you did, so it's good to have people around to recount how you tried to run around in the snow naked or something similar.
    Xanax is by far the best benzo, but should be used responsibly. It's not fun to wake up with pills all around you not remembering how you got there, how much you took, or how long it was since you took them.

5. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I wouldnt reccomend snorting them because it would be a waste. xanax isnt water soluble so only a small percentage gets to your brain. Just pop them its the best way. id say pop 2mg then if u dont feel much in 30 mins then take another 2 mg. that should be perfect for your first time

6. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    If you want to learn in depth about how Xanax (and other benzodiazepines) work then you might want to take a look at GABA (it's the main nuerotrasmitter effects by Xanax). Alprazolam binds it's receptor sight and somehow makes it more effective.

Xanax is barely soluble in water. I think it takes over 10 mL to dissolve 1mg. Most of the Xanax will not be able to pass through the mucus membrane, so snorting it is really a waste. Most of it will eventually be absorbed (from the drip), but it's probably better and faster to swallow it.

That's a nice hustle...

blue footbal Xanax = 1 mg
    pink footbal Xanax = .5 mg
    white footblal Xanax = .25 mg

7. amped

amped Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  8. mmilam

mmilam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    HEY BRA, IM ON Bea eifhr noq. i M AO FKSX UP FONFS.
    U Xbr uswetANqhT IM TRlkinf BOUR byw im too fuckws up. i xatnrwp trha

9. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    LOL^^ thats awesome, if u really tried and it came out like that. =)

10. altair

altair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Haha. Well its monday and they haven't come yet (its 1 pm, so if they are coming today they'll be here soon) but they may not come until tommorow. I g2g though. Thanks for all your help. I'll try to remember to post back here with my experience.

-altair

11. mmilam

mmilam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok sorry i havent been able to catch up with yall but yes what i wrote above is when i was on bars. I took bookoo. I dont know how many nore do i know what day it is today.

I have bookoo more stories to tell.
    Ive been taking bars out the ass everyday till right now, which i just poped another. My brother gets 500 pack from pharmacist. He is huge big time and hes younger than me.
    I have to go because my friends are at my hosue and very bared up and wanting to get rowdy and thier really pissin me off so i gotta go calm them down or kick them out. Yes its this one nigga who causes so much drama. Hes bi-polar, not diagnossed, but we all just know it because he goes from happy to good so fast and he flips out and breaks shit.
    Im going to come back later on tonite if i have a chance and explain my whole weekend starting from new years ever night.

I also will include everything that i felt and wenthrough and the shit that happened.
    Its a long, very very entertaining, interesting, and gives deep insight into the world of someone whos world rains bars.

G2g real important nowbye.

12. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Anticipation can kill a drugs effects, so be careful not to expect too much from xanax. Certainly they are not euphoric like opioids but equally relaxing. Let us know what you're first thoughts of the drug were!

13. mmilam

mmilam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i dont know what you talkin bout. anticipation may kill drug effects on some drugs. but shit now xanax. no matter how exicted i am about getting them then i will get crunk easy easy easy.
    So your sayin if u ainticipate on taking cid, that when you take 2 hits you wont feel them as strong because of anticipation?

look man, no disrespect, but i totally disagree about the xanax not being strong if u anticipate them.

14. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Don't snort xanax If you want a bang chew them ,because snorting them is like chewing them .the only difference is whe you snort all you are doing is swallowing the xanax ,only slower. They aren't water soluable and a waste if you snort.
    In the 70's I was dumb and tried to snort valium and there was no difference than eating them ,only I lost some mg. that were left in my lungs.
    You have to find an injctable benzo if you want quick bang. Anyone telling you to snort is telling you a story or their mental state is lacking.

15. ablengata

ablengata Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Everyone here seems to be giving you too large of a dosage in my opinion. First off, if you've never taken them before, dont take "3 or 4 or 5" bars (2mg each) to feel "invincible" as the guy up there said. You have no tolerance, that's dumb. Weight plays a large roll in dosage if you ask me, so ill make a little 'chart' for you to follow by.

130lbs or below, take 2mg and smoke a bowl, you'll be pretty enebriated.
    130-190 take anywhere from 2-3mg. I would take 2mg and then take the other 1mg an hour later if im not feeling it enough. Of course, smoke a bowl. Maybe have a beer or 2 (BUT DONT DRINK TO GET DRUNK!).
    190-250 take 3-4mg. Once again, start with 2mg and take the rest an hour later. Smoke. Drink a beer or 3.
    250+ take 2mg every hour, i wouldnt exceed 6mg.

it takes much longer than 30 minutes for the drug to be fully absorbed (an hour is probably not even long enough) and the half life is 11 hours. This means after 11 hours after taking the drug, half is still in your system, so waiting to be safe isnt going waste the high. Usually after I take xanax, ne next day will be pretty hazy, so plan urself well. It is physically addicting with withdrawal symptoms (if you get addicted) comparable in intensity to heroin's; so watch out. Most of all be safe - then have fun!

BTW that chart i made up there is assuming you have no benzo tolerance.

And oh yeah, snorting xanax is like swallowing a crushed pill.... but through your nasal cavity... I wouldnt suggest it.

16. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
  17. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Generally that would be a bad idea, respiratory depression could drop real quick with morphine and a benzo together.

18. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I took 2 blue footballs 2 nights ago and SWIM blacked out for a couple hours. SWIM apparently drove home with 2 buddies, I didnt drive. went through a fast food drive thru, came home and watched the boondock saints. passed out at his chair and his parents woke SWIM up at 4am and had a small convo, then went to sleep.

I have taken full bars before and had nothing like that happen. crazy foozballs 0_o

oh and SWIM dont remember dooky

19. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    couldnt gfind the edit button so...

the blue footballs equal = 1mg each

my total : 2mg

20. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    IF I could give any sugestions with xanax it would be to start very low. Start with 2mg and work your way up. It is relitively safe in small amountf but once you start mixing it with other drugs you are drastically increasing your chances of complications. The effects are relaxation, some euphoria, and sometimes amnesia. SWIM guesses the relaxation is somewhat comparable to opiates but the euphoria is much less. Mixing with alcohol can increase the effects but dont over do it. I think its unsafe to mix opiates and benzos but this is his personal opinion. Just 2 weeks ago he lost a good friend who did a combo of xanax and oxycontin.