Comedown - First time cocaine for a while: Some weed for the comedown?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by JJ, Oct 12, 2006.

1. JJ

JJ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have done coca before but is hopefully doing again soon. I know how to administer said substance, but asks for advice after I do the last line. Should SWIM smoke some weed to lessen the effects or just simply let it wear off and go to sleep? I would not like to do any more drugs after the initial substance is taken.

SWIM only does this occasionally, being over a year since the last time I did coca in the USA.

I don't plan on drinking during, or after, except for one beer before.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Re: First time after a while

Smoking weed about a half hour after taking the last line should take the edge off the comedown a bit and help You sleep. Highly recommended. This question didn't really need a thread of its own did it?

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: First time after a while

From the rules:

• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects may be deleted! - there's nothing more annoying than looking at all those stupid "A stupid question" subject lines. I mean, I'm damn lazy, but how hard is it to type "A stupid question about (insert something here)"? As a rule of thumb, most thread titles should include the full name of the drug discussed.

A rule many tend to forget will cause a mass of warnings soon...

So a more appropriate thread title might have been: "First time cocaine for a while: Some weed for the comedown?"

*Edited thread title*

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    SWIM's known people who had uncomfortable cardiac reactions (very fast + irregular heartbeats) when smoking weed immediately following a coke high. Just a heads-up. Kratom might be a better comedown aid.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Kratom? Maybe but it's probably not a realistic solution for the above lab rat.

6. JJ

JJ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM thanks everyone for their input, and apologises for not describing thread topic in appropriate way. Sorry.

SWIM asks since weed is not really a good idea, I don't want irregular heartbeats, just wants to be able to sleep easily. Or should SWIM simply wait until the high has finished and simply try to go to sleep?

Thanks for any advice.

7. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim usually she drinks before, during, and after using. Though this is frequently adviced against- because alcohol is a depressant and cocaine, a strong stimulant, if it's done in reasonable amounts, it's not typically that dangerous. Swim thinks it makes both the high more enjoyable and the comedown more bearable. If You is really against doing that, I think weed would help, too. I have done and seen plenty of people do these things, plenty of times, whether that makes You feel "safer," is a different story. Stick to what You is comfortable with. I would probably drink and smoke on a comedown ideally, because she can't sleep for hours after using- she's almost always the last one down.

8. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Keep in mind that alcohol and cocaine mixed creates [SIZE=-1]cocaethylene in your liver, which creates a more euphoric high, lasts longer (which isn't what you want in this case), and is debatedly more toxic and dangerous for your heart.

Maybe that is part of the explanation why You is generally one of the last to come down.

I think weed is a better option in this case. Also, I has tried low doses of kava before when he had to sleep so he could function early the next day and this seemed to help with the jitters/anxiety of coming down so he could doze off with relative ease. If You has or can get a hold of some kava it would probably be worth it to try.

BajEdit: Here is a DF thread on cocaethylene ----> https://drugs-forum.com/threads/2387 It doens't have a whole lot of info though, and could use added input. Seems like I may need to search for some research on cocaethylene for the archives...

9. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  10. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I didn't say weed wasn't a good idea, just that I have known people who had bad reactions from smoking weed soon after cola use. If You tries it, just be aware of the possibility and smoke a smaller amount, take it slow, whatever. Particularly if smoking weed normally speeds up you's heartbeat.

11. dolphinsnow18

dolphinsnow18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    jack daniels always worked the best for SWIM on this issue

12. Danc9552003

Danc9552003 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.

The one time I smoked weed after a cola high (which included meth, mdma, cola and weed all within the same 12 hour period) he smoked some REALLY good weed. I think this definetly has an effect on the heartrate.... when I smoked some really good weed after all those drugs, his heartrate shot up to about 240bpm and it really scared him. I think if he smoked some regular shwag thats not too strong, he would've been fine. But, it's because the weed was so good/so strong that it made his heart race extremely fast. So, my advice is you need to know exactly how drugs are gonna effect you, (i.e. even if weed never makes your heart rate sky-rocket, with the mix of drugs you never know) so please be careful, because ever since that day my heart has been sore everytime he thinks of this :(