Dose - First Time Dose - Dried Peruvian Torch / Trichocereus Peruvianus

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by bomber, Dec 8, 2006.

1. bomber

bomber Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    I was just wondering if he should start off with a 20gram or 30gram first time does of Dried Peruvian Torch - Trichocereus peruvianus collected in Matucana-Huarochiri, Peru, at 2100m. Their being sold to swim as Botanical/horticultural herbarium specimen only, not for human consumption, off of the internet. he was gunna start off with the 30gram but he was thinking that maybe it would be better and safer for to start off with the 20gram and then when he finds the right moment to do it agen then go for a 40gram dosage? what do u guys think? he doesnt realy want to mess around with boiling the sample, hes just simply gunna grind up the samples of the cactus and mix with lime juice and then drink it down over the space of 40 mins more or less.... is this a good and effective method and a good dosage to start off with? or should I do it someother way? any tips will be very helpfull since this is swims first time with something as stong as this...

ill explain what other substances I have taken just so you’ll be able to tell if 20 grams will be enof for me or too much or wotever:

I has tried 10 babywoodrose seeds and only felt alot of sickness at the start with a strong buz similar to what youd expect off sum quality bud execpt he had a clearer mind and then it went off into a semy trip, only audio hallucinations, and alot of paranoia. Hes tried salvia 20x, 40x and 60x with no effects I do weed everyday and he goes out drinking heavily almost every weekend... hes overdosed on absinthe once and had to go to hospital for about 2 days to recover and was still drunk 3 days later but he had drunk an exeptional amount of the stuff (1 litre of 70% alcohol to himself), hes been spiked on the date-rape drug and has also taken ketamine, E, nitrous oxide, coke and the famouse party pills jax which he doble dropped. I am interested in takin dxm, dmt (using the famous ayahuasca method), shrooms, acid, datura etc... in the near future but hes got to find a way to get his hands on them…

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. PsychicTraveler

PsychicTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Dried Peruvian Torch - Trichocereus peruvianus first time dosage and method...?

I really couldn't get through that, but You can start with 30g of PT. It's really comfy.

SWIM consumed the aqueous extraction of 50 grams last time, and that was still just scratching the surface of most other "trips" that he is used to. Not unpleasent at all. No stressed, wired feeling. So, even if I did a sloppy extraction and You does the best EVER, it will still be nice.

3. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Dried Peruvian Torch - Trichocereus peruvianus first time dosage and method...?

I would suggest 20-30 grams dried for an unknown specimen, for a newbie..

4. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

I found 30g's to be very enjoyable and would recommend it to a first timer.

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

^^^^^

Keep in mind the variable content ratio of mescaline within the cactus. Someone inexperienced with the substance would be better off starting with a lower dose in case their cactii is more potent than average, and a supplement can be added thereafter if it turns out to have a lower mescaline content.

6. k-skywalker

k-skywalker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o

swim consumed a 20 gram bag of peruvian torch without boiling it for 5 hours and had no effect at all ? was expecting at least something ?

7. veroner

veroner Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Good dose of Peruvian Torch?

I am thinking of taking peruvain torch for the first time this summer could anyone comment on a 30g dose being too little,just right etc. thanks in advance

1. 3/5,
      a very indescriptive thread title
      Jun 2, 2009
  8. shwinehund

shwinehund Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Re: Torch

30g is a good dose. SWIM aims for 35-40g, but often has some leftover potion.

9. jtb

jtb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.

it depends on the quality as the potency varies dramatically from different vendors or cacti. supposing that one had the high end of the potency extreme, 30g could contain 2% mescaline, or 600mg of mescaline, which is a pretty heavy dose, first time or not. it is doubtful one would come across such a high potency cacti, but it is perfectly reasonable 30g could contain 400mg of mescaline, or on the other hand it could only have 50mg. if i for some reason decided to break the precious laws of my country by eating such a cactus (though i would never dare do something so detestable), i would start with 20g, unless i was totally cool with possibly having a moderately strong experience.

10. ElectroStep

ElectroStep Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

30g is a nice dose. Mild, so it'll give you good idea what to expect, but hardly mind blowing. But SWIM informs me a low/medium dose of cactus is very pleasent & doesn't really leave you wanting, unlike many other drugs.

I like a dose around 65/70g personally.

11. vapulas_ghost

vapulas_ghost Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Canada

when You says 60g, do they mean in dried cacti skin?

12. jtb

jtb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    yes, the inner flesh of dried cacti

13. bigfish1

bigfish1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If one is not a chemist what is the easiest way to prepare Dried trichocereus if afoafom were interested in trying this? Can swim just powder up the dried material and boil in a pint of water and lemon juice, cool it and drink the new potion?

14. helikophis

helikophis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from New York, U.S.A.
    There is a thread about this very question that's being discussed right now:

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=618188#post618188

15. bushman

bushman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I would suggest between 20-30g.

He also reads that You is interested in datura? I would SERIOUSLY urge You to do a lot of reading up on this plant before even considering it! Read some experiences on erowid and stuff, sounds completely MENTAL!!

16. myob

myob Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    If 30g is recommended for a first timer, then, the infamous 12.5g pack of dried cactus is what? Not even half of a dose?
    Smim has never done mescaline. He got one of those packs and now, after reading this thread, he wonders.

17. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's correct myob. This has been brought up in the forums before. Those commercial mescaline-cacti packets are often not enough for a psychedelic dose.