Experiences - First Time Kratom Attempt (Headshop)

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Dimitri Cat, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dimitri Cat

Dimitri Cat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Greetings, I absolutely think this site is the tits! I feel it's a great way for those of us interested in experimenting with drugs, to do so in a safe and well informed manner. On top of that the open-minded community is always there to lend some extra support and answer any questions that I might have! So, I'm writing this in hopes that a future visitor will find the answers they're looking for or even prevent someone from wasting they're time or money.

Subject: 25 year old male weighing approximately 180 lbs (81kg). Recent experiences with hydrocodone and poppy seed tea around twice a week; most recently 1 month ago. Last meal was 4 hours ago.

Product: Thai Kratom Mitragyna speciosa purchased from a local headshop in Texas. Silver packaging with three leaves on the front. Package contains 16 large capsules, each containing ~0.5 grams of ground up leaves.

Doses & Effects:
    11:00 pm - 4 grams
    8 capsules were broken apart and the contents of each capsule was dumped into a water glass. Approximately 300ml of room temperature water was added into the glass along with the grounds. Glass was stirred then digested. No unpleasant taste, similar to tea.

12:15 am - 2 grams
    As of 12:15 am, there are no noticeable effects. Another 2 grams of grounds were digested via the same method as above at 12:15 am.

1:00 am - 2 grams

3:00 am -
    As of 3:00 am, some subtle effects were noticed. A pleasant calm and relaxed disposition were noticed. Fell in and out of sleep throughout the night, similar to what is experienced with opiates.

Conclusion:
    While the product purchased was nice, the effects were only that of a mood enhancement and not what I was looking for. I will try to find a reputable source online; which seeing as how source discussion is not allowed, I fear is more easily said than done.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Arkansas, U.S.A.
    Ok congratulations on attempting Kratom for the first time. However, I would like to lead you away from using Kratom that is bought in a Head Shop. They are typically low quality, expensive, and sometimes cut with other product.

There is a great guide by ianzombie on this site that sort of directs you in a better direction for buying Kratom. You should give it a look and try Kratom again. I would hate to see yet another person disappointed in Kratom at the fault of a Head Shop.
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/200101

Also, have you learned the "rules" for taking Kratom? Such as using on an empty stomach like you said or using acidic juices among other things. Have you looked into the different ways to consume Kratom? They have different pros and cons to them. Do some research and try again. I look forward to reading your next attempt at Kratom.

Good Luck and Be Safe.

3. thunderkat59

thunderkat59 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    That is sort of what happened to me the first time I tried it.
    Slick, hi-dollar 4 color printed packaging ---capsules. And a whopping XXX for all of that.
    I took about 6 to start, nothing. Boosted up to 12, felt a little, but still felt more ripped off than anything else. Found out our other head shop had powder, and that was the real thing. Really worked, just not enough for expenditure . There are legit on-line dealers and plenty of info here on how to find them if you want to try again.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  4. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Don't buy from headship please many are putting kratom in danger by selling it right next to other more dangerous chemicals.

Not only that the ones selling at headshops don't care about quality they just want quick money whereas places selling only kratom have to rely on quality their business depends on it.

It's unfortunate we have people promoting kratom as a buzz "make you feel good". I've seen "buzz gum" at the gas station another member heard an advertisement on the radio promoting it as a high. These idiots will also ruin kratom for us; ironic when the intention is to make a profit yet seemingly oblivious to the negative light they're putting their money maker in.

5. thunderkat59

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Where I live, a business that is named after a well known, dopey, stoner phrase opened up in a bright purple building, with "KRATOM DETOX" in HUGE pink neon letters across the window. I see this begging for a crackdown in this state. At least the headshops here keep it word-of-mouth, no advertising. But, I agree, when you see this stuff, authoritarian intervention is only a few steps behind.

6. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Stupid people like that, thay advertise kratom in an irresponsible way deserve to get some repercussions but, for some reason, one or two percent of the people in the "kratom world" that do something reprehensible must mean that the other 99% are just as bad. This seems to be something that only happens with psychoactives and violent video games. Yet half of the country "opposes" background checks on firearm sales, yet using a natural plant to help yourself is wrong.

Im sorry that I rant so much, but its hard to put my feelings into words then I hear about this sort of thing and I end up going on like I am now...

7. Paranoidfreak101

Paranoidfreak101 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from New York, U.S.A.
    Dont forget to be careful and use in moderation. i was a former heroin addict and ive heard it can be very addictive and have similar withdrawals (wich are not fun).

8. Flush06

Flush06 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the kratom I bought (maeng dang) I was very disappointed with. I ended up taking the entire batch (1 oz) in the first night because I was chasing a buzz that I dont think Kratom gives. I was pissed i took.

I didnt really even feel a mood lift or energy from it. Not only that it tasted just about the worst thing I ever tried in my entire life. And I'll try just about anything and this stuff made me want to vomit.

9. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    How did you take it?
    Did you take it on an empty stomach?
    Do you have any opiate tolerance?
    Did you buy it from a reputable kratom vendor or a head shop or legal high site?

Maeng Da can be pretty potent and if you have no opiate tolerance then you should have felt it from a dose of 5 grams or less.
    28 grams would be enough to knock most kratom users on their ass.

10. thunderkat59

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Im pretty sure you got burned.
    An ounce of good Kratom will have your hands and knees shaking and world rocked, at least in my limited experience.

11. Flush06

Flush06 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I bought my kratom from [ source discussion is against the rules ] on the internet. I have a pretty high opiate tolerance. I was on 125 mgs of methadone for about ten months. I ended up getting pushed off the methadone for financial issues and I have been clean for 40 days now. I was in about the 20th day clean when I received my kratom.

Theres no headshops around me that have it. What strand do you all reccomend and what website?
    I took it on an empty stomach and i parachuted it. It did help my withdrawals to some extent. Gave me a little motivation i felt like and also took some anxiety away. I started with just 5 grams and redosed about every 45 minutes to an hour and ended up taking it all by about 7 hours later.

I think mainly I just was hoping to catch a high from in and when I didnt I was disappointed. I think if/when I try it again I may just get the capsules. I gagged like crazy each time I took it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  12. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Please dont mention sources its against the rules. (you should edit out their name)
    If it helped with your withdrawals then that was good, you might need to take a higher dose if you want anything more as there will be a cross tolerance between it and opiates.

I would recommend you find a different vendor, have a look around and try to find a vendor review site because you cant believe any reviews that a vendor posts on their own site.

Sometimes it can take a while to find a good vendor, just do some research and don't buy unless you find good reviews about them and their products. :)

You might want to try red vein bali/borneo, it seems to be the strain of choice for those looking for opiate like effects.

13. thunderkat59

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    :thumbsdown:

Wut Ian said . . .
    I've tried a few vendors. Some go to "OK" list,
    Some go to "Never again".

One vendor I tried that I wont mention here, just left me with
    a strangely undesirable feeling, that was unlike the "good" vendors Ive gotten used to.
    ;)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013