1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - First-time Kratom use, not feeling it.

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Bbdogg, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Bbdogg

Bbdogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    To start this is my first experience with Kratom so bear with me.

So I ended up with a decent amount of Red-Vein Borneo Kratom powder and a free sample of 5g of 50:1 Blue Lotus Kratom powder. I decided to wait 2 hours after eating and I boiled the 5g bag into water for 50 minutes in order to make a tea. I drank this all at once, went down easily, I boiled it with a bag of mint tea to lessen the flavor.

I waited 30 minutes after ingestion and felt little to nothing. I decided to measure out 7.5g of the Red-Vein powder and parachute that using 5 pieces of toilet paper. It has been approximately one hour since then and I really feel next to nothing. I would like to mention that I never felt any stomach issues as many others seem to report. So my question is should I take more, wait it out, or smoke?

Also, the site I purchased it from is supposedly reputable and is a bulk ethnobotanical shop, not some legal high or kratom website.

Thanks!

2. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Do you have an opiate tolerance? Did you take it on an empty stomach?

If you have no tolerance and took on empty, my guess is you got some low grade kratom. At 7.5g you should DEFINITELY feel it..... Early in my experience I doubted Kratom because I bought from a bad vendor.... it was a really big company who sold extracts, tons of kratom strains and other herbs etc.

Try a site only selling kratom and only the basic strains, no extracts or caps.....you wont be sorry.

3. Bbdogg

Bbdogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the response.

I have only used an opiate twice before this and that was months ago now. I took it 2 hours after eating, I assume my stomach was empty. As for the site, I read multiple reviews and they seemed to all be positive. I weigh 170lbs, I couldn't imagine that effecting anything... If I redose how much would you suggest trying? My stomach is definitely empty now, it has been over 4 hours since I have eaten.

4. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you're taking over 6g with no tolerance on empty there is something wrong.

5. Bbdogg

Bbdogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So I decided to parachute another 6g and 30 minutes have passed and I think I am feeling it slightly. My arms are light, my body temperature is fluctuating and I am somewhat dizzy. So now, this feels closer to an opiate but should I redose later on (6g-10g) and how does this mix with bud? The first time I did heroin I smoked it with bud but I felt the experience was much better the second time when I snorted it and took a shot of vodka.

Thanks guys.

6. skateandpaint

skateandpaint Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from U.S.A.
    My dog is personally on it for his first time right now and is loving smoking on it.

7. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    The reviews were not on the sites webpage by any chance?
    If they were then they mean nothing as no site is going to post negative reviews, and they can make anything up they want.

I am not a big fan of ethnobotanical super stores. Some of the best known have some of the worst kratom.

Like advised get if from a site that deals only in kratom and find reviews somewhere else.
    Take it on an empty stomach, either before you have eaten in the morning or 4 hours after a meal.

Read the guide to buying kratom. https://drugs-forum.com/threads/200101

8. Jizzmasterzero

Jizzmasterzero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Southeast USA
    For me, kratom is a subtle experience. When I first started, I would take it, and sit back waiting for the effects that didn't seem to come. My advice would be to take it, forget about it, and just get on with your day. After a few hours, you will realize that you have had a better outlook and have been more productive than you would have been without it. This is similar to how people think about coffee. Nobody drinks coffee, and sits around waiting for a cocaine like experience because it isn't happening. But, coffee is effective, and people use it successfully. The same thing holds true with kratom. I take kratom mostly for its energizing effects. I find that I have to invest a little energy of my own, a brisk walk or short run, to kick in the speedy effects of kratom. I would also recommend learning the toss and wash method. It's quick, easy, and effective. Also, beware or addiction. However, I feel like it is a maintainable addiction, again, much like coffee. I have no problem accepting the fact that I want to be a daily kratom user for the rest of my life. My other past addictions were not maintainable, I always knew that the end would have to come one day.

9. Bbdogg

Bbdogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah the reviews were on websites separate from the vendors such as kratom association.

That is a good point, I was probably expecting too much and while I was under its effects I just didn't notice. I will say that I ended up redosing another 6g and that really got me feeling good. I smoked with it and honestly I feel it took away from my kratom experience. I have been told you can achieve psychedelic like effects from the combo but I can't say that was the case for me.

In total I downed 19.5g. I was wondering, how long after ingesting the kratom should you wait until you eat?

10. Amazing Jeans

Amazing Jeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Normally most people wait atleast an hour before they eat anything, long term users in my experience can eat 30 -45 mins after taking Kratom without any problems of the food coming back up again.

11. thirdeyelasik

thirdeyelasik Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Kratom just like any mild opiate can range in effects from feeling nothing but a little foggy, to a full blown euphoric tingling over the body along with a positive outlook on life. Once you take kratom enough to get hooked(please don't do this the addiction sucks) then you start becoming more aware of all the wonderful subtleties of the experience. If you experiment a few more times and are still not liking the effect than its best to just stay away for a few months and come back and try it again with a fresh outlook.

12. CaliforniaGreen

CaliforniaGreen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    ya BPDogg you boiled your kratom wayyy to long.that breaks down alkaloides

13. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Breaks down which alkaloids?

The main alkaloids that give the prominent effects are stable far above boiling temp.
    One of the most traditional methods used by road side vendors is to keep a bowl boiling at the side of the road and sell tea.

I have regularly boiled large amounts down to resins, or concentrated tea for far longer with no issue.

14. Rdrunner96

Rdrunner96 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been taking KRATOM for years the strongest is the FST or UEI only certain vendors have the real thing. You can go on any kratom forum to get good vendors. there is alot of good kratom out there but there is just as much bunk kratom so if you are going to buy it do your research. The 2 I listed are the best and most expensive just always use with caution. Lets say you order some good bali and 4-6 grams would be your normal dose if you take 8 or 10grams you can end up with the wobbles and it is not pleasant.