Experiences - First Time Kratom Use + Second Time + Third Time Updates

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by PillMan, Nov 1, 2012.

1. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Arkansas, U.S.A.
    Part I

This will be my first time trying kratom. I am going to dose 5 grams of Micro Powdered Indonesian Kratom and posting up my effects (if I don't fall asleep). I have taken a few tips from a DF friend of mine and am going to get started.

I mixed 5 grams of powder in a cup of hot water and waited for it to cool down then put some ice in it. I have not eaten in over 3 hours. Here I go.

9:30 - +0m - Downed half of my drink (approximately 2.5 grams). Excited for results.

10:00 - +30m - Drank half of the rest. Still feeling no effects. Going out for about 30 minutes and should be back to post more.

10:50 - +80m - Just got back from a haunted house and it kicked in right before it started. Feeling a slight head change. About to down the rest.

11:30 - +120m - I am definitely feeling the effects. I am laying down and feel more than a head change. My body feels very relaxed and ready for sleep. I am thinking about taking a little more and seeing where it takes me. I am looking forward to some strange dreams tonight.

11:35 - +125m - Dosed another gram and got the munchies bad so I had to eat. Still feeling the effects but real tired.

12:05 - +155m - Going to bed in high hopes of crazy dreams. All in all it was not the feeling I was looking for but I do have two other kinds I'm going to be trying soon so hopefully they will be better.

Update on my dreams. I had crazy wonderful dreams and would like to potentiate them even farther. Could anyone clarify that taking kratom with melatonin would be ok. Or melatonin and opioids?

Part II

Ok so tonight I am trying 5.5 grams of Red Vein Borneo powder. I am using the same technique as mentioned above. I'm not nearly as tired this time to I hope it works better.

10:40 - +0m - I woke up about 10:15 from a long nap and feeling much better. I had been taking some muscle relaxers for work and they made me tired. So now at this point I have drank half of the cup of kratom. Thinking about downing the rest.

11:30 - +50m - I just finished the rest of my drink after putting some lime juice in it...didn't have lemon juice. Unless it's a placebo effect I am feeling a bit relaxed with a head change. Almost a bit of confusion as I can't even remember what I was going to type up. Wondering if I should dose some more?

12:20 - +100m - I am definitely sedated as I have laid around and not even got up for awhile to report back to this report. So far Red Vein Borneo is my absolute favorite. I highly recommend it for any opiate livers or anyone coming down and needs help with withdraws.

12:40 - +120m - Munchies have hit me to the extreme. It's probably due to the fact that I have to go so long without eating before I try it. So I'm making a meal, taking my melatonin and piece of flexeril, then will report back on how good my dreams get.

Did not have any dreams that I can remember. I kept waking up all night with pains in my body. I was getting sore spots everywhere for some reason. I will try this again in a day or so.

Part III

Tonight I am trying out 5.5 grams of Green Vein Borneo Kratom. I do have about 4 milligrams of flexeril in my system right now but not enough to make a difference. I am not tired once again so this should be a success.

9:45 - +0m - I down about 2.25 grams using the same method as the first two except i squeezed an orange into it for some acidic material.

10:45 - +60m - Surprisingly enough I am already feeling some of the effects. I have a light head change but plenty of energy. Been doing homework without a problem of confusion. Drinking the rest now!

11:00 - +75m - Very zoned out on this computer. I recommend Green Vein Borneo to whoever is looking high a kratom high without the sedated effects. It is pretty stimulating and uplifting.

11:15 - +90m - Chugged about another gram. Really feeling this kratom. I believe I am peaking now. About to lay it down and hope for some dreams. Will report back tomorrow if I have dreams.

All in all...I recommend Red Vein Borneo Kratom for anyone looking for anything close to an opioid high. Green Vein Borneo Kratom for something more stimulating and upbeat. Indonesian Kratom for a mixed high when you do not want anything specific.

Thanks for reading my first experiences with Kratom. I had a great time experiencing it myself. Comments are welcomed.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. jacqueml

jacqueml Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: First Time Kratom Use - Updates

i just took kratom after waiting in the mail for 2 or 3 weeks. So far I have been taking 5 pills but the website does not list the dosage. I have also taken 3 mg xanex and drinking. Should I have anything to be worried about?

jacqueml added 26 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

i ave hear good reveives of kratom for I bought some and took it ttook it today is was KRAP

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Re: First Time Kratom Use - Updates

Should you worry about anything? Yes. Taking alcohol and xanax alone is a dangerous combination, adding kratom into the mix is not making things any better.

Looks like you did little or no research on kratom. First of all you dont mention what type it is, or how much you took.
    You need to take it on an empty stomach.
    You need to avoid other drugs.
    You should avoid headshops and sites that sell 'legal highs'

Sounds like you just did everything wrong.
    Next time have a bit more respect for yourself and your health and do a bit of research.

If you have any left then wait a few days and try it properly.

4. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: First Time Kratom Use + Second Time Use - Updates

As zombie mentioned, it is a bad idea to mix drugs. If you mix drugs with kratom then you are probably going to mask the feelings from the kratom which would make it pointless.

5. Khariz

Khariz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Just an FYI: if you are buying pre encapsulated kratom on the Internet, the most common size has about 6/10ths of a gram in each capsule. That means the assuming it is filled with regular commercial grade Bali, you are looking at 8ish capsules for even a half decent experience.

Extracts follow a completely different formula. I'm talking about plain leaf. Just remember though, with kratom, less can be more. I don't get anything more from 18 capsules than 12. It's really just a waste for me.

6. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

As long as you invest in a scale then you can just break open the capsules and fin out the weight. Also taking them with capsules takes to long for the effects to kick in. You should break them down anyway and take it another route.

Kratom does have a ceiling effect from what I have been told. So you taking 18 capsules and getting the same result from only 12 would make sense.

7. Khariz

Khariz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I throw down capsules in the morning on an empty stomach. Lets me get into the office before the effects start. I do that on purpose. When I am at home, I toss and wash powderized leaf.

8. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Oh ok awesome idea then man. What kind of kratom do you use to work on?

9. Khariz

Khariz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I stick with Bali for everything. I've tried it all, but I still think Bali is he best bang for the buck. Specifically I like super green Bali. Nearly ever vendor sells something like that, so I shouldn't be giving away a source. My morning dose is smaller though, as I want to be de-stressed, but not sedated. 5 grams in caps is my morning. I would use the same for red vein Borneo. For a maeng da I would use slightly less.

10. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Nice. I am going to try it in the mornin one day. That would be the best time besides right before bed anyway. You will have absolutely nothing on your stomach.

11. Khariz

Khariz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

By the way. I take the morning dose with a glass of non concentrate grapefruit juice and a diphenhydramine. Lasts until well after lunch for me when I remember to do that.

12. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

I will have to go get some grapefruit juice myself then. Thanks for everything. What about my experience report? What could I do to make it look better for people reading?

13. Khariz

Khariz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It read just fine to me. Just make sure you use time stamps counting up from zero and separate lines for readability. You did just fine.

14. notes32

notes32 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

speaking of grapefruit juice, i was complaining the other day that all i had was the from concentrate/high fructose/nasty grapefruit juice from the corner store.

I got the 100% juice at the grocery today and oh my god grapefruit juice is nasty! haha i can't believe i haven't experienced a kratom related barf what with the tossing and washing and grapefruit juice so many nasty nasty things haha. still love my kratom but, the things we do for a buzz..

15. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Thanks for all the replies. I should be doing part III tonight with the Green Vein Borneo strain.

PillMan added 524 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Just finished part III. Thank you all for taking your time to read it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  16. jhsmith87

jhsmith87 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Nice report man great from a beginners view point. I like how.you are testing many different kinds let's me know.what I should get. I'm just concerned about a good source. I know no head shop or "legal high" crap. Maybe an herbal site I don't know.

17. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Im sorry we cant speak of sources or I would help you out. People just have to shop around and keep trying until you find a good source.

Thanks for your comment on my report. Nice to know it helped someone out.

18. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    I mix GVB with RVB pretty sure from the same source as you OP. They have the micro powdered indo too, which I don't like

19. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't know where you get your kratom from but you are about to cross the line into source discussion. Which is against the rules on this site. Even hinting at who your vendor is can get you in trouble here.

Please report your post for deletion and try again. Remember to leave sources or any hint of a source out.