1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - First Time Kratom User Sharing First Week of Experience

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by R_Vrataski, Jan 11, 2015.

1. R_Vrataski

R_Vrataski Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    So I'm a newbie starting a thread and hoping it's okay...

New Kratom user here. I only read about it a couple weeks ago and with my love of the opiate feeling decided I had to try it. I read up about the different strains/types and found what I think is a reputable vendor and placed an order for 'Classic Bali.' I read a lot of Ianzombie's posts and bought a scale which didn't come until a few days after my shipment arrived. I placed my order last Saturday morning and knew it was due to arrive on Monday. I was very excited and spent the weekend in a productive upbeat mood. I ate breakfast Monday morning and then ate just a little bit late morning and none the rest of the day so I'd have a fairly empty stomach.

Got home from work and there was my package. 50 grams of Bali with a complimentary 10 grams of Green Malay. I was nervous and went with just one measured teaspoon mixed in yogurt. I don't see how people toss and wash (blech). I felt a little something and slept well that night. I know you shouldn't do it every day if you don't want to get addicted, but I was determined to find the right dosage to get the opiate like feeling before I adjusted to being smart. So day two I did the same thing as far as eating and that night I tried two teaspoons with hot chocolate. Yuck and I felt not much really. The third night I tried 3 teaspoons in a sort of tea. I boiled it for 20 minutes and because I didn't have a strainer, just drank the liquid and the sludge (double bleh). Dumb I know and I almost threw up. Still not much feeling. Fourth night I tried 3 teaspoons in yogurt and felt more than I had but still wasn't satisfied. Disappointed I decided to take Friday night off and wake up Saturday morning and do a proper tea based on Radiometer's 'Uncle's' recipe.

In the meantime my scale had arrived and I read a t-shirt could be used as a strainer (I didn't feel like going out to buy one).

Saturday morning I measured 10 grams and added it, a splash of lime juice, and 2/3 cup water into a small saucepan and boiled lightly for 15 minutes. Strained it through the cut out t-shirt material and put the leftover gunk back in the pan with another 2/3 cup water and splash of lime juice and boiled lightly for 10 minutes. Strained that, added it to the first batch of liquid, added honey and drank it down. It was SO much more palatable to ingest this way! Within 30 minutes I had a very nice buzz going and by 1 hour, it felt like I had taken a Lortab or Percocet. Success! I was very content with the results.

So this morning I decided to try the Green Malay because I was ready to move on to the experiment phase since I knew Kratom was something I could successfully use and I wanted to know which strains worked best for me (and place another order of different strains). Since I had not tried this strain, I decided to back down my dose to 7 grams. That wasn't very smart. I now know for an untested strain I need to start at a lower dose. I did the same tea recipe but I was overwhelmed by the feelings. It was the same exact feeling from taking too many pills (Lortab or Percocet). I got hot and sweaty and dizzy and had to lie down for a bit. It passed quickly and I chalked it up to a lesson learned.

Then I placed 3 more orders with 3 different vendors of different red vein strains in 25 grams amounts. I'll probably back off next week and maybe try a new strain mid week and then wait for the weekend to play.

I absolutely love the tea. And really it only took about 30 minutes to make and another 30 or less to start feeling the effects which is about the same as ingesting it mixed in with a substance since that takes about an hour to really feel it.

I seriously don't know how anyone does toss n' wash. You have my respect.

2. blacksparrow

blacksparrow Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    So you're saying there are certain ways to make kratom (such as those you've mentioned) that make it stronger? :O

blacksparrow added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

I used kratom as a curiosity myself for recreational use. I am a recreational opiate user and had been doing codeine CWE. This is bad for you, however, and also I was curious about trying something new. So I ordered the kratom. I usually make it with hot water, lemon juice and honey.. it's very good. But like with all opiates, if you want to get a good buzz, you have to be patient and let your tolerance go down after every use.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  3. R_Vrataski

R_Vrataski Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I haven't noticed that yet but I'm just on my second week. I'm still experimenting with different types and dosages. I did 4 grams one night and felt nothing. Tried 6 grams of a similar strain (both Bali red) from a different vendor the next night and had a very nice opiate like buzz that lasted about 30 minutes but then I got a headache. Might have been from chain smoking though. Both nights I made the tea as described in my first post. I said I was going to take a break this week but the inner addict in me couldn't resist. I did, however, take last night off. I am already feeling the constipation aspect but it's not too bad.

When I was doing oxycodone and hydrocodone regularly I worried about the amount of acetaminophen I was ingesting and tried CWE but I was not successful with it and thought it was a pain in the ass. Making Kratom tea doesn't seem like too much of a fuss.

4. jodyslisman

jodyslisman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    So will red meagn da not work for pain and sleep in the same way the other red types do? I just wonder as poster above mentions it. Im new to kratom too trying tomorrow but have sample of red palantion maegn da which i was hoping would be for pain and sleep, i do also have a green malay, and white sumartran, but would i be right in thinking its the other reds that are best for the opiate like feeling for pain/sleep etc. Not sure if a combo of those maybe- but deffo don't think white sumtarn or those- as i think they're energy.
    Good post was good to read a different way to do, as some say they get no opiate like, or pain killing effect so good to read a more effective way. :) Any knowledge would be gratefully received :) I'm hoping red bali woill be good when i can order is there a rough idea of which reds are best?

5. johnjuanb1

johnjuanb1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from U.S.A.
    Maeng Da definitely kills pain but it is very energizing as well. I wouldn't use it before bed.
    The best strains for pain are RED THAI, SUPER INDO, and BALI, in my experience.

6. jodyslisman

jodyslisman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ThankYou, Im glad I checked I'm not keen on up energizing types, am also looking for a ,more relaxing pain relieving strain- similar to an opiate as much as possible for pain etc. Is there a preferred strain from the above, for that, or generally the types mentioned are alike ? ThankYou for info am very grateful :)

7. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Red vein Bali/Borneo is the strain of choice for pain and the most similar to traditional opiates.

8. johnjuanb1

johnjuanb1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from U.S.A.
    I agree. The place I get my kratom from has a farm grade Red Thai that is actually stronger than Bali for pain killing. It's very similar to Bali but more euphoric. He also has an enhanced Bali with resin mixed in to add to the effects.

9. Amazing Jeans

Amazing Jeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    johnjuanb1 - I think you're spamming the forum looking to sell your product, mods please investigate.

Stick your farm grade where the sun does not shine! :)

Maybe I have you completely wrong and you're just going through your Kratom Honey Moon Phase, apologies if you're genuine.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  10. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    You need to shop around and stop believing everything your vendor tells you.
    It sounds to me like you are trying to promote a specific vendor, or you actually believe everything they tell you and you have more money than sense.
    Let me guess, they have the freshest kratom and its twice as strong as everywhere else because they have a farmer friend who only ships to them.
    I bet you anything it is sold alongside other stuff, probably aimed at body builders or the Research chemical community.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. R_Vrataski

R_Vrataski Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Second and Third Week

The second week I ended up using every day except one ('using' doesn't seem like the right word, eh?). I'm tending to stick with the red veins because I'm trying to get an opiate type feeling. Toward the end of the week I was up to 10 grams and not feeling much. One day I even partook a second time (once in the morning and once in the evening). The evening dose was Maeng Da which had me a little nervous since it's supposed to be among the strongest strains but I didn't need to worry as the effects were mild since I was already building up a tolerance. I also got impatient and stopped doing the second boil for my tea.

Because I do want to be cautious about addiction, I decided to take a few days off going into the third week. The first day couple of days I felt the mental addiction. A mild feeling of being bummed out I couldn't partake. The third day I was in better mood knowing I would be having my tea the following day. Fourth day I did 9 grams of Red Bali and had a nice buzz. I would've liked it stronger but it was still good. Again, I didn't do the second boil. Today I'm going to do 10 grams and do the second boil to see if it makes a difference.

I did not have any withdrawal symptoms during the 3 days off but I know that doesn't mean much. I read where ianzombie took a break after weeks of daily use and didn't have any issues and then the next break brought on symptoms. I'm trying to be cognizant of the potential pitfalls.

One vendor I'm using includes samples of different strains. So far they've all been green or white but I don't think I'll like them since I'm not looking for 'uplifting' but instead sedation. I've read posts about nice effects from mixing strains so I plan to try that at some point.

One thing I find a little confusing is the whole strain and location thing in determining effects: Red is slow/sedating, white is fast/speedy, and green is in between. But then location can also be slow and fast. Bali/Borneo, slow and Thai, fast. For example, Maeng Da is supposed to be on the fast side but it's a red strain.

I've done a lot of reading and it seems like location trumps color? Any thoughts?

I know I probably just need to try them for myself to determine the effects because on top of the strain color and growing location, individual bodies react differently.

R_Vrataski added 102 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Edit: I take back what I surmised about location trumping color strain. I was just going through my stash and I have a sample of White Vein Indo. For location, Indo is supposed to be 'slower' but I've not read anyone describing anything white veined as sedating. Obviously I haven't tried it yet...

R_Vrataski added 1395 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Yesterday I did 10 grams of Red Kalimantan (first time trying) and I did the second boil for the tea. Whoa! I caught quite the buzz. Probably the first or second strongest buzz since I've been experimenting with Kratom. The first hour had a strong opiate feeling but after that it felt more like a Alprazolam (Xanax) and I ended up very sleepy. I took a very long nap.

Finding the right balance is tricky.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015