1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Dose - First Time LSD Dosing

Discussion in 'LSD Discussions' started by Insane Asian, May 16, 2004.

1. Insane Asian

Insane Asian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jatelka EDIT: Please note that this is an old thread, made before the "No self-incrimination" rule came into play.

ok i plan to try some LSD in the near futur, i can get it anytime, im really small and skinny (115 lbs) and i want to know for a first time how much acid should i take. i want to have a nice trip but i dont want to get f**ked over. so how many tabs should i take.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  2. searcher

searcher Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Take a half a hit

3. Insane Asian

Insane Asian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    wat is the acid OD like and what are the chanced i OD my first time

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    An acid OD is psychological, not physical, because L.S.D. has very low toxicity. It may give you a long hard ride.

5. Jester

Jester Newbie

Reputation Points:
    there is no way in hell that you can die from an lsd overdose, of which there is no such thing in the traditional sense. For you to reach the LD-50 of LSD, you'd have to take at least 300 hits. Themreasons for nausea and whatnot are psychological, just as some people puke when scared or stressed. All you have to remember to avoid a bad trip at all is that your body will still be ok when you come back, and that no matter what happens (ego death, etc) to, andI quote Leary, "Trust in your nervous system." You'll still be you when it's over. I'd say take a full hit. A half hit is more of an intoxication that makes things difficult to do, it's not strong enough to really appreciate the drug. No more than 1 the first time, but take 1.

Also, if you've taken shrooms, LSD will be a piece of cake. I find it much easier to have a bad ride on shrooms because of the inebriation that goes with them, acid is very lucid and clean and beautiful in comparison. If you have a familiarity with shrooms, LSD will be no problem (a lot of people I know who do shrooms are afraid to try acid because of its reputation, but I've done LSD in copious amounts and find 3 hits much easier to navigate than a half-eighth of shrooms.)

I hope this answers your question

6. Thegreatone

Thegreatone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you can take way more then 300 hits of lsd, i wouldent recomend it but there are pepole out there that have done thumbprints of pure crystal and robert hunter the song writer for the greatfull dead took 1/4 gram of crystal .and this was seen by the bear(owsely stanly) and some other guy. there was another case where some people at a party snorted a line of crystal lsd thinkihng it was coke they all went to the hosiptable but they all ended up ok. but to the origanl question id say take a hit your first time you will have a blast.

7. searcher

searcher Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Take a half a hit

8. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If your going to do it, do it right, at least take one full hit...acid now a days is no where near as strong as it used to be.

9. manda

manda Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Take no more than one.

10. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    ask the dealer if they know if it's pure lsd-25. ask them how many micrograms are in a hit. take about 200micrograms

11. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I would recomend closer to 100 mics for a first timer. Remember, you can always take MORE.

Personally I like to start with 2 hits (my guess, and this has no real practical basis other than feel, is that the average hit up north here is about 50 mics) take an additional 2 an hour later, and play it by feel from then on. But taking too many hits before you know the potency or how it's going to affect YOU is not smart.

Also, LSD is LSD is LSD. This doesn't mean that because a dealer tells you it's real acid doesn't mean it's not something else, but if it's LSD 25 it's LSD, if it's LSD it's LSD 25. Read Tihkal.

~KT

12. Jaime

Jaime Newbie

Reputation Points:
    125ug: too much LSD for a first timer?

Tomorrow SWIM's gonna take 'cid for the first time.
    The dealer sold SWIM two blotter a half. He said they were 250 mics. They're really "Hoffmann" blotter, SWIM's sure about that 'cos he saw the paper.
    He and his friend want to take 125ug. Is it too much for a first timer with a moderate experience with other drugs? The setting will be excellent however...

PS: it's better to smoke a joint after ingestion or is it useless?

13. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict

Reputation Points:
    Re: 125ug: too much for a first timer?

People are completely full of it when they tell you how many "mics" are on a tab of acid. They may believe what they're saying, but they can't know unless they laid the sheet themselves. Jusging from what the dealer said, I'd guess however that they are pretty strong, or that the dealer was lying to sell them (I couldn't possibly guess which).

That said, 125µg seems a quite reasonable starting dose for LSD.

14. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands

If it indeed 125 mcg, SWIM would say start of with half. One can always take more. Some are quite overwhelmed from 125 mcg.

15. roserjoe

roserjoe Newbie

Reputation Points:

I would say take half of the tab, and if in two hours you think you can handle more, take the other half. But remember, when you reach your peak it will double or triple the effect you are feeling after two hours.

16. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:

SWIM would consider 125ug to be a fairly strong dose for a first timer. Go with Alfa's advice, try a half and go from there.

17. roserjoe

roserjoe Newbie

Reputation Points:

Yeah, but I kind of doubt there's going to be 350 micrograms on one tab? But yeah, defo just take ahalf incase, then you can take the other later on it if you want.

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:

In the 1960's, before the law came down, the usual starting dose for folks would be 100mcg. This was considered enough to elicit the full range of effects.

So it depends on one's approach: Does one put their toes in the water? Or does one go ahead and dive straight in to the deep end of the pool?

19. roserjoe

roserjoe Newbie

Reputation Points:

I beleive one should put their toes in the water to start off. Make sure you let us know how it went!

20. Jaime

Jaime Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's ingested 125ug and... he's stille alive! :-D

He smoked a joint and a bong at 3 pm and ate a blotter a quarter at 3:45 with some his best friends. Just M. was on acid too, F, P and L smoked some dutch hash' joint (very good). They were in mountain , but quite near to the town.
    T: +30: pupil dilatation, euphoria, happiness, some mild visual effect like patterns on the walls and on the trees.
    T: +45: extreme euphoria, laughness, medium visual effects. For example SWIM saw people with three eyes. The world was wonderful and he and his friend were very empathic. The light seemed very brighter, big and chaleidoscopic.
    T: +75: things started getting really weird. SWIM heard milions of sound and voices going around thorugh his brain. He saw everything broken in two. The street lamps below us in the city began to spin and change colors and they were huge.
    T: +90: It was starting raining. We were compelled to walk along the mountains and tha parks to the town. SWIM tried to sat on his bycicle, but he was unable to use it. Extrem pupil dilation. Everything was in patterns and moved and spinned around him. The lights were HUUUUUGE!
    T: +120: They met the some other people and talked with them for a few minuts. They were on opium and were smoking a joint. One of them asked SWIM if was it alla right, but he was couldn't understand any words. He was completely overhelmed by the acid. SWIM continued to ask "What time is it?", but he was unable to comprend what "Quarter to six" meant.
    T: +135: The rain got stronger. They entered in a pizza snack. Acis kicked as hell. SWIM saw colors and sounds mix and fly in the hall. He began to feel anxious, because there were too nany people. He tried to drunk something, but the straw semmed lasted for chilometers. SWIM ate some pizza, but he felt sick and spitted it on the floor. He was really afraid.
    T: +140: SWIM went outside with his friend F. THey entered in park. This was the peak. The illusions and the patterns kept stronger and stronger. SWIM didn't remember who he was for some minuts. The street lamps' light spinned and morphed and changed thousand times color. He was completely overhlìelmed, he's ego was broken, he wasn't anything, he forgot to have taken a trip... He didn't understand any words og what his friend said. But he wasn't as anxious as in the pizza snack. Walking ona bridge, SWIM saw a multitude of peple in the river. On the grass, he saw little brown man dancing and walking through the trees.
    T: +175: SWIM remembered who he was and the halluciantions were slighter. He felt very welle and laughed a lot.
    T: +250: Light kept morphing and moving, but SWIM was able to have conversation. Thet reached M, and P. L was gone home.
    Then the trip continued for a 12-13 hours and when he went home at 11:30 pm SWIM was still confused and the light were brighter and huge...
    He was absolutely unable to sleep because of the closed eyes patterns til 4 am.