1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - First Time Mushroom Dosage

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by LeadCenobite, Jan 29, 2005.

1. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    buy for using with one other person? We both are unexperienced users but its her 18th birthday soon and I want to spend it with her having an awesome trip. Can anyone please give me advice? What makes the trip scary..funny..intense? Any help would be great. Thanks alot.[​IMG]

2. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Depends on the strain and hard you wanna trip. Iv got some golden teachers and do about 25 gram. Its best to start off with small amounts and then work your way up so that you dont have too many and a bad trip

3. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    25 grams! That's wayyyy to much. For normal everyday cubes, I'd say start around 2-3g each and go from there. As far as things to do, favorite music / movies are a good idea for the start. Once you're going, it wont be hard to find things to do.

Peace,

D.

4. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    unless he means fresh, rather than dried...but i'd go with 2-3 grams dried for a start...i like the b+ strain

5. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah i meant fresh. I dont know what your laws are but in the UK they are legal if you buy them fresh so i presume you will be. SWIM usually grows his own and dries them out and then puts them in empty 500mg capsules. He usually takes 5 capsules to get the effect he wants

6. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ahh, gotcha. Well, then that all makes sense, doesn't it. [​IMG]Just trying to make sure these poor people dont freak! I'm sure everyone involved will love it, just stay somewhere safe and warm and enjoy the ride. You'll never be the same [​IMG]

Peace,

D

7. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    lol. 25 gram dried would be suicide [​IMG]

8. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It would be one hell of an ego death trip for sure. I know people who do 15 grams dried. Not I.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  9. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Damn I think it is the wrong season out here to get shrooms! So that plan is pretty much screwed. Winter doesnt work that well for growing things..

10. poweredbyhate

poweredbyhate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    It shouldn't be the wrong season at all... Everyone I know that
    has grown mushrooms has done it indoors. Any kits you get or any
    of the info you read online almost always deals with indoor
    growing. The seasons shouldn't really have anything to do with
    it. It could just be that your area is dry right now, or you
    don't know the right people...[​IMG]

11. ToxicMind

ToxicMind Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My first mushroom trip I did 13grams dried. I was told I didn't have to do that many, but I wanted to really trip hard and get the full experience. My friend, who has tripped before, took about 10grams. It was very intense. It seemed to last forever, too. I read online that a shroom trip is only a few hours but I felt like I was tripping all day long. Everything was very different. I enjoyed mytripbut I will deffinetly take a lower dose next time. Next time I'll probly have about 5-6grams, I think I could've had a nice trip with that amount. 13grams did seem a little heavy, but it wasn't a negative experience.

12. GerhardV

GerhardV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i would start out with under 1/8th.. 2g dry is good

13. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I did 3 grams of golden teacher my first time. Very good trip.

14. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    15 gr cubensis, fresh from the local shop- that my friendscan't be beaten, not even with a very big stick! [​IMG]add one sunny afternoon a pair of shades and a view..........

15. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    15 grams for a first timer is a tad excessive, don't you think? Unless you meant 1.5 grams which is a more sensible starting dose. Build a relationship with the Shroom before you go for the heroic doses. If you don't there's a good chance that the Shroom'll beat you, with a very big stick... [​IMG]

16. Df1337

Df1337 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I would advise you to start somewhere from 2g-3.5g of dried
    mushrooms. This is what I did his first time and had a
    wonderful night.

17. toeknee

toeknee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o
    Alright so Swim searched around and Swim realizes that a first timer's dose is around half an 8th. I was wondering how I will react to an 8th because I am totally comfortable and confident with himself in this idea and I want a full experience. If Swim were to eat half an 8th and then just the caps off the rest would that be a better idea, because I has heard that the caps contain most of the chemical? I haven't done any psychedelics before but has educated himself with the help of this forum for quite some time now.

I have one more question.. so Swim works at a Jamba Juice and I have heard the taste of these critters isn't so pleasant. I was wondering if blending them in a jamba juice drink would work without diminishing any effects. I have read the different ways of ingestion but want's to be 100% sure before swim actually tries it.

Swim want's to apologize for these questions considering they most likely have been answered in some way shape or form but I used the search engine as well as other resources.

Thanks

18. ReAlitY-HoLds-NonE

ReAlitY-HoLds-NonE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: first timer and blending question

Its not down to wether or not You is comfortable with you's self, you's subconscious may feel otherwise. Half an 8th will give well over a full experience, should get one well into a level 4 trip, perhaps a level 5... beginners recommended starting level is at the most intense, 3... First time I did mushrooms he did 9g and was well and truely out of it, so much so that he couldnt think, feel, or anything, he felt completly disconnected even though he still experienced what was going on around him, he wasnt feeling his own thoughts, instead "watching them" ...it basically meant that I didnt really experience the shrooms himself, if that makes sense, not enjoyable, but not bad...

For the blending idea,,, this is possible to significantly reduce the taste, just grind up the shrooms and put them in the drink, blend, drink, woohoo!! :p

The effects shouldnt be diminished, just drink it all within the first ten minutes, or as quick as possible, problem with this is the fact that the more the shroom flesh is consumed with the more likely one is to throw it all back up again.

I think that the best way to take them is o'natural, as it just makes the trip seem more direct and one is less likely to throw up it all as a stomach wont be full (though gagging may occur with taste -just cover it in honey or something)

lol ^ theres another idea, if You wants, take half with the juice and put another half into some honey,, wait for the honey to go blue,,, psychadelic honey!!! :p

19. Coconut

Coconut Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: first timer and blending question

A little less than a sixteenth is a beginner's dose (from 1.2g to 1.5g) if the mushrooms in question are Psilocybe cubensis. It is not advisable to go over this dose on a first time. Psilocybin and its analogues are evenly distributed throughout the fruiting body as far as my tree knows - he has seen no proof that the caps or stems are more potent than the other.

Psilocybe cubensis do indeed taste revolting whether fresh or dry. Mixing them in juice or any kind of cold drink or food should not dimish the potency in any noticeable way, which should remain more or less at the same level unless the mushrooms are exposed to heat.

20. BBlack

BBlack Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I got an eighth of shrooms, not sure what kind, cubes probably. They are mainly stems though. Haven't taken a good look at them, don't have them on hand right now. Swim read the stems give a more of a euphoric body high, while the caps are more visually stimulating. Is this true? I am planning on taking half of this eighth (it's his first time doing shrooms) and wants to know if he'll still be satisfied.