1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - First Time Mushroom Dosage

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by LeadCenobite, Jan 29, 2005.

1. TheCampingStoner

TheCampingStoner Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In about 30-45 mins im getting 5g of shrooms:crazy. This is gonna be my first time taking shrooms :). How much should I take? I want to get the full affect. Also im debating on when I take them if I should take a shower or watch tv.

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: How much to take first time and what should i do

I think you need to start doing your own research. This sort of thing is super well covered here.

ESPECIALLY if you are going to demand a fast answer. You can put the drugs away till you have done the basic work you need to do.

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland

You should give your brain a rest for a while, you only just consumed DXM and tramadol.
    Leave it a couple of weeks and then try some.
    Potter is right, instead of opening up threads asking what you should do take a few days and do as much research on any drugs you are curious about. If you still have questions after reading the first couple of pages of threads then by all means ask them.

I personally prefer no more than 1.5 grams of mushrooms, but it all depends on what type of mushrooms you have too.

4. Cwb20022

Cwb20022 Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Pennsylvania

Yeah man you might wanna slow down on the drugs. Since yesterday you've tried a bunch of new drugs. This isn't how you should start your life using drugs.

I understand your excitement. I was the same way. And on your profile you sound exactly like me. "I like all drugs, except heroin and meth". I said the same thing and dove right in pretty young. Now iI'm a heroin addict. I haven't had a sober moment since I was 13. I wish I woulda slowed down. And learned about drugs before I did them.

I'm just saying slow down. You got a whole life ahead of you. Plenty of time to experiment. Don't rush it. You'll regretit if you do. II'm not one to preach. But its dangerous to just take any and all drugs you can get ahold of.

As to your question. 1.5-2 grams is probably a good place to start. For a first time. That's enough to give you an idea what your in for. And of you like it you could try the other 3/ 3.5 grams next week. Personally I hate shrooms. But alot of people love them. Make sure you have a trip sitter in case you freak out. Setting and a good mindset is everything with hallucinogens. So make sure your relaxed. The first time I died shrooms was a few years ago on thanksgiving. Family everywhere. And it was terrible.

Don't exceed 3,grams. Your a little dude. I think you'll trip hard off 2 grams. Hallucinogens are a drug that's worth waiting for the right time to do. So if you have to save themdo that. YYou'll have a much better time in the right setting and mind state.

Take it easy on the drugs man. Stay safe. Good luck. Peace

5. TheCampingStoner

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

A did hudrocodone yeserday it didnt work i did nothing the day before that and the day before that and 3 days ago I did some DXM and Tram

6. mer kaba

mer kaba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from California, U.S.A.

I agree with the above posts OP, your body needs a break. If you do go ahead and swallow some, just don't go over a gram (wait what kind of shrooms are these?) If they are cubensis that is. (for some reason I assumed they were)
    If I were you I'd take about half a g of cubensis (heh, again if that's what they are) kick back, make myself a light drink and spark up a joint.
    Your body is tired, and more importantly your brain needs time to adjust and more of less go back to 'baseline'. You'll find that if you properly rest your body between drug experiences you'll get much more out of the drug(more so then others) and I can only imagine how much better it is for your mind and body when it comes to your over all health.
    best of luck, consider these things yeah?

mer

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  7. TheCampingStoner

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I bought shrooms about 4 hours ago for me to try. They were not fully dry yet. When I got home I bit a little bit of the shroom of an it tasted horrible. I turned on cops and watched it till 11 pm. I went to bed and i could not go to sleep and i remember i had some shrooms in my night table i took out about 3 grams and sliced them up I wrapped it in roast beef. Sorry if my story makes sence im tripping off it like crazy righ now. well i took a bite of it and it tasted like roast beef and then i can taste shrooms. I took another bite and another and it tasted like dirt mixed with expired potatoes. I layed back down and turned on some music. about 30 mins ago at like midnite i starting feeling really trippy. I looked at the fan and I saw a face it creeped me out so i went to the bathroom i looked in the mirror and my pupils were getting big and small. Also my legs and arms felt like they had a lot of weight on them. it felt like lsd and weed mixed. I am feelin amazing.

I did 3g man i feel like im on lsd im trppn out i can see things on paintings idk what i sayin

thnx cwb.. i will try to slow it down a bit..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  8. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland

If you are not going to take the advise people give then please stop asking for it.
    You just sound like you are trolling the site now.
    People could invest their time better on people who are here to learn and who are looking for harm reduction advice, not someone who just seems to want to brag about their drug use.

9. mer kaba

mer kaba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from California, U.S.A.

^ there's Trolling, and theirs bragging. I'd say this falls into the bragging category, considering there was no real question.
    Well there is, but its something that erowid could have cleared up easily.

10. The snozberries man

The snozberries man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hello, in a few weeks or so my purple monkey from the 5th dimention will be getting 1/8 oz of shrooms and was wondering what you guys suggest for a first time dose. Before you post, telling the monkey to do his research and stop wasting forum space, he has. He has done months of research, read tens of trip reports on here, bluelight, erowid, youtube, etc. He experimented with dxm (he knows its a different class of drug) at the recommended first dose (340 mg) and didn't get any effects other than body load, double vision, and slight nausea. He then experimented further with a dose of 450 mg, and had a more pleasurable experience in the second plateau with mild closed eye visuals, dissociation, and enhanced audio perception. So the monkey was wanting to get a feel for what the drug feels like, but doesn't want it to be too mild that he doesn't get the full experience. People usually say to do 1.5 grams your first time, but he think that's a bit low for his taste. What are your guys' opinions on maybe 3 grams?

11. frost458

frost458 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from france
    A little late but I find that 1.7g dry is perfect for a fist fose

12. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    I think that its reckless to talk about 'beginner doses'.

Depends on what *Shrooms* you will get. They all have different content of psilocybin and its impossible to guess a dose.

So you are getting the same old answer even if <ou don't want it - start low, make breaks for tolerance not going up then try again with a SLIGHTLY higher dose. Do NEVER double your doses.

Begin with one gram. no effects - then wit a week , try 1.5 g. and so on.

Be careful, the shrooms fairy will bite your arse if you don't.

BBW

13. frost458

frost458 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from france
    From what I understood while I was doing shrooms there is no difference betwen each psylocibe cubensis subspecies.
    only the shape changes.

i got trips that were 3 times stronger from the same dose with the same harvest, so I'm guessing it only depends on you physical state (well rested, empy stomack or not, etc).
    Furthermore on me on 4 different friend dose lower than 1.4g did not do anything.

But it is true that if you do not grow them yourself you could get pristine shrooms or old one where the psilocybin degraded.

In the end TheBigBadWolfFile is right, test with a low dose, wait one week and increment 0.2g to see the difference.

14. indupitablee

indupitablee Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Actually, size makes a difference in the amount of psylocibe cubensis species. Smaller mushrooms will have a higher concentration of psilocybin in them. Cubensis (and most psilocybin mushrooms I believe), in its early stages, have significantly higher concentrations per gram then when they are fully mature.

15. TripperDix

TripperDix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have been wanting to try shrooms for a very long time, I have tried 1 gram of an unknown strain and felt kinda stoned, I was mostly curious if SWIM can trip on ten blue meanies or ten gold caps, is it a good idea dosing in tens of shrooms or is it better to just dose in grams? Also any advice for SWIM when tripping for the first time?

TripperDix added 39 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Also I have had experience with other psychedelics, I am just curious what to do about the infamous nausea

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  16. UppNdownzz

UppNdownzz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Shrooms for the first time

I think you already know the answer you just want everyone to say wow man you took that much on your first dose! People that do new drugs are the most inquisitive people there are. They ask is that too much? What's it gonna do? Are you sure man? So have fun dos the rabbit hole say high to Alice for me! Haven't seen her in years. Lol

17. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland

Read the rules, do not use swim.

You always dose in grams/mg not numbers. One mushroom could send you to space if it is big enough and ten might not be enough if small enough, common sense.

My advice, read through the forum after you read the rules, all the info you want is here.

18. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from Slovakia

Do you REALLY think that describing a Psilocybin experience as being "kinda stoned" does it any justice? Do you really think shrooms are for you? I can't help but ask these question because from your post I sense dissatisfaction and ungratefulness. If you just want to be stoned, why not just smoke weed?

These substances require your big respect, it's not something to take "just for fun". It can even damage you if you're not careful, this needs to be said.

The amount you want to take depends on what you want from this experience. If you just decide to "trip balls just because", then you can take any amount that's high enough for that. If your requirements are more specific, the dose might need to be adjusted, but we don't know, only you do.

Nausea is not that bad with shrooms, definitely not even close to DXM. Enjoy yourself and as always, be safe.

19. ropeadope

ropeadope Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Always dose in grams. It's a very bad idea to eye-ball your dose.

I know some who like to microdose during a night out and just take a pinch from a bag. In that case you wouldn't need a scale but I'm not a fan of microdosing. I prefer to take a large dose every few months and communicate with the Gods :D

20. Darkage

Darkage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Northampton NN6, United Kingdom
    My friend has been wanting to try shrooms for quite a while now and wants a recommendation, he is very affected by psychedelic drugs. I do not want him to have a bad trip. Thanks for the help ;)