Dose - First Time Mushroom Dosage

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by LeadCenobite, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Ubiquitous Assimilation

Ubiquitous Assimilation Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Indiana, United States
    First off take into consideration your 'set and setting' or "what's going with you mentally, where's your mind or attention, and physically where are you" these are rhetorical questions bud.

Also there should be someone experienced sitting with the first timer. The exact dose could vary, because I assume you are weighing the dried physical mushrooms.

So a half a gram, or one whole dried grams should be quite sufficient. With experience and comfort you should be able to dose yourself higher in steady increment.

Extra tip, the trick lies in what one emphasizes, think about that before manifesting your mind.
    Happy Tripping!

2. dragonslayer3344

dragonslayer3344 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    My first dose was a bit over 2 grams, probably something like 2.1 or 2.2 (my scale isn't very precise). I also took this dose on an empty stomach which makes it hit harder but last slightly shorter. Anyway, I found this dose to be very good and I don't regret taking that amount one bit. I probably could have handled 2.5 grams pretty well but I'm still not disappointed with the experience whatsoever. I would recommend dosing 2 grams, it's just enough to start "tripping" vs the more euphoric effects of a low mushroom dose, while not being too overpowering. I think it would be very rare to have a bad trip on 2 grams, as you still have a pretty good grasp of reality and can calm yourself down when needed.

3. elisdee25

elisdee25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from Switzerland
    Ive eaten an 8th everytime ive eaten mushrooms. Id prefer eating an 8th.

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    @elisdee25 and what does that do for you?

Personally, depends what I need from them. Museum, 1-3g, depending on the walk. Party entertainment, 1.75g. Ritual bonfire dancing, 3.5 g. Private ritual, with conspirators, 7g+. This accounts for well know set and settings, I'll go a bit lighter if im not in one of the 3-4 places I do drugs at anymore.

5. elisdee25

elisdee25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from Switzerland
    @Potter 3.5g’s is a good night for a couple beers and 10 hours to waste. 10 hours of laughing and just staring at regular everyday objects from a new perception. I wouldnt be able to go in public on that level, i wouldnt be able to act right.

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I have merged threads. Please read it from the beginning as there is a lot of excellent and important advise.
    This is a good first time dose.