1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

First time taking Shrooms - Feeling amazing

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Giorgio Ripley, May 27, 2017.

  1. Giorgio Ripley

    Giorgio Ripley Newbie

    Reputation Points:
    0
    Messages:
    2
    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2017
    80 y/o from Brazil
    Hey guys,

    I took them in, what seemed to be, this morning, First time. I had some violent puking but i now i'm feeling relaxed.

    I experienced almost a kind of Death/Rebirth thing, where even breathing was something to remember to do. Is this common? Maybe because of the poisoning nature of intaking Mushrooms altogether? Now i'm feeling great, not so pukey anymore. Euphoria sky high

    Gonna watch 2001. So many questions were answered.. and it's still 3 P.M here in Brazil!

    Thanks
     
  2. Adas

    Adas Silver Member

    Reputation Points:
    535
    Messages:
    1,757
    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2013
    22 y/o from Slovakia
    Psilocybin containing mushrooms are not poisonous, though EGO DEATH (what you've likely experienced) might feel like poisoning and dying. Magic mushrooms being poisonous is a stupid myth (unless you consider psychoactivity a poisoning).

    I'm glad you've had a nice experience.
     
  3. Budgetadvisoryservice

    Budgetadvisoryservice Blue Water Scum Silver Member

    Reputation Points:
    1,945
    Messages:
    1,338
    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2014
    from On the bay
    @Adas - while I agree that most psychoactive fungi are completely non-toxic, there are a handful which are very much so. Most famous is the fly agaric, or amanita muscaria, which contain a powerful neurotoxin, ibotenic acid.

    Whist death is extremely uncommon as a result of amanita poisoning, this is mainly due to the fact that if you've been poisoned with it, you'd know about it and beg for medical assistance as it's a terrifying experience involving extreme pain and disorientation.

    I don't mean to dissuade anyone from enjoying magic mushrooms, only to set a clear example on the importance of doing thorough independent research into your local species before going foraging, and after you get home but before ingesting any mushrooms.

    Be safe.
     
  4. Adas

    Adas Silver Member

    Reputation Points:
    535
    Messages:
    1,757
    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2013
    22 y/o from Slovakia
    @Budgetadvisoryservice I was talking about Psilocybin mushrooms. I don't even consider Amanitas "magic mushrooms". But you're correct, you can get nasty poisoning from them.