First time tripping on shrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Mary_jane.420, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Mary_jane.420

Mary_jane.420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from Virginia
    I just got some mushrooms from a friend I have no idea how many grams it is and i dont have a scale. Can anyone eyeball it and take a guess about how many grams I have? How many should I eat for my first time? I dont want to miss out on an opportunity to trip on shrooms just because I cant weigh it.
    Any tips for first time tripping? I plan on tripping at home so I'll have a safe environment to trip at.

Attached Files:

2. Delia

Delia Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Eyeballing drug amounts is always a bad habit and it isn’t possible to do. When dealing with a substance, it’s always best to use appropriate paraphernalia.

Scales are cheap, you can buy them through Drugs-forum Scales - click this link.

This is a general guide to dosage, but, people can have amazing trips on a very low dose and others have a tolerance and require larger amounts.

Light trip: .25 grams
    Medium: 1 - 2.5 grams
    Strong: 2.5 - 5 grams
    Very strong: 5+ grams

I would recommend you look through this forum and gain as much information as possible.

Everybody responds differently, so start at a low dose and work your way up, if needed. If you take too much it can be very overwhelming and could possibly lead to a bad experience.

I’m glad you are in an environment you feel comfortable, setting is important then using psychedelics.

Onset can vary, so patience is important, it can be 40 minutes up to 60 + minutes before feeling the effects.

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You can get a scale at any headshop or order one over night on Amazon. $15 will get you a decent milligram scale, just make sure it has a big enough platform. Every drug user needs one.

4. titaniumhunter

titaniumhunter Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In general, 1 dry mushroom [psilocybin cubensis] is approximately 1 gram. I'd start with just one cap or one stem. Wait an hour and see how you feel, trips last about 3-6hrs, you can always take the other part if your not feeling it. The effects vary from person to person and as Delia pointed out some people are more sensitive. I'm one of those, I trip easy on small amounts.
    There are good guides out there like THIRD WAVE 's ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO MICRODOSING PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS

5. Lunaris Lynx

Lunaris Lynx Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Southern CA.
    I ordered a scale for under $10, got it in 2 days and it works wonderfully.... just sayin'

Please try to hang on until you can weigh out your dose. It will help in the future as well, when you may want to adjust amounts on a future trip.

There are so very many types of shrooms out there it's advisable to weigh and start small on every new batch.
    Some shrooms are noted for going into deep thoughts, some are known for enhancing visual or aural stimulation. Some are mellow, happy and colorful , some are confusing and dark.
    I would suggest having someone you trust that will not be using around when you use shrooms. Esp. for the first time. A cool "trip guide" can make a big difference in your experience.
    I hope your experience is a good one. Stay safe and enjoy!

6. TheMycorrhizalWitch

TheMycorrhizalWitch Green Witch Healer(Prev SirDabathin) Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Michigan, United States
    I have had B+ mushrooms that were smaller in size and more dense in weight. Then I have had Golden Teacher Mushrooms which have a much larger stature, however they tend to be more hollow on the inside. The weight of the mushroom can always vary genus, to genus.

@Delia did mention that certain mushrooms can also supply different strengths and effects. For example Brazilian P.C has a very notable body high and tactile sensation when administered, I find it to be very therapeutic because it does not ensue intense visuals. On the other hand a Texas PE6 mushroom has always gave me jaw dropping visualizations and is without a doubt a very strong strain.

It is rumored that Penis Envy P.C is thee strongest strain, however other strains like the strophoria mushroom and B+ display exceeding if not equal potency as the penis envy. The penis envy is also more challenging to reproduce due to the below average circumference of its cap, which gives it the iconic look. The Texas PE6 is a cross breed of the Texan mushroom and Penis Envy mushroom, to give the mushroom a larger cap circumference making spore collection more efficient.

The determination of potency with other species only comes with time and range of experimentation with your dosing. Be patient.

Edit: My apologies; @Lunaris Lynx does mention some knowledge about strain effect variation.

7. Lunaris Lynx

Lunaris Lynx Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Southern CA.
    No worries!
    I have seen and heard a good deal about the Penis Envy strain. Alas, I've yet to try them! Most definitely on my list!
    Great post!