First time with DXM question

Discussion in 'DXM' started by nonamegirl, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonamegirl

nonamegirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hypothetically if one was to down a bottle of robitussin cough 4oz and 2 hours later had no effects at all, would you say try again with a higher dose next time?

Maybe I should note said person is 120 pounds:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2007
  2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: First time question

Which robitussion cough syrup was it? It would help if you specified the amount of DXM per 5ml. Otherwise no one can answer the question as they have no clue what was ingested.

Also please use descriptive thread titles in the future. I'll notify the moderator of this forum so they can appropriately edit the title and merge your posts.

3. nonamegirl

nonamegirl Newbie

Reputation Points:

robitussion cough

active ingredients in each 5ml tsp
    dex usp10mg
    guaif 100mg

in a 4 oz bottle

sorry i did not realize this was such a complicated thing!

4. nonamegirl

nonamegirl Newbie

Reputation Points:

Said hypothetical person is too tired to care. Doesnt need to know. Thank you anyways:) Moderator can delete this account if they would like.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

SWIM and/or your pet Platypus does not want to take any more of that. It contains gauifenesin - which is a smooth-muscle relaxant that can cause nausea and vomiting, as well as a case of the runs worthy of a bad movie.

The only variety of cough syrup, or similar, I should consider is one that contains ONLY dextromethorphan as the active ingredient. While gauifenesin is not terribly toxic at the doses described, some other cough syrups contain such chemicals as chlorpheniramine which can be fatal in large amounts.

Always make sure the Platypus reads the label BEFORE ingesting such, and reject any which contain active ingredients other than dextromethorphan.

6. saintsfan

saintsfan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    To answer this question for anyone else if you have taken an amount of dxm that should get you high and it doesn't work do not ingest an equall amount of what you did before. The dxm is still in your body and taking a second amount of that size will likely cause serious health risks. Im not recomending anyone do this but the same has happened to me and he just took little by little until he fealt the effects he went in incriments of 10 mlg but remember Im not saying you should do the same just that I did it and it worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.